• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Normal jump C after Iori's EX DM is the easiest safe jump ever, basically you just have to hold uf during the whole animation. People need to do it!

Most people in the stream chat and the commentators are like "ban the Heaven stage!" and I'm just here sitting and thinking "but...but that's one of my favorite ones D:"

BadWolf

Most people in the stream chat and the commentators are like "ban the Heaven stage!" and I'm just here sitting and thinking "but...but that's one of my favorite ones D:"

Same here, really liked it ever since first seeing it at that evo2011 (I think it was) beta.

Huh, odd thing I found while looking for videos of the Heaven stage in the arcade version. It looks like Dark Ash actually has dialogue for when he faces himself. That's pretty weird considering there's no way to unlock him on any version. Did SNK expect people to hack the bosses and made an extra conversation just for them, were there plans to have them playable, or what? :S

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Huh, odd thing I found while looking for videos of the Heaven stage in the arcade version. It looks like Dark Ash actually has dialogue for when he faces himself. That's pretty weird considering there's no way to unlock him on any version. Did SNK expect people to hack the bosses and made an extra conversation just for them, were there plans to have them playable, or what? :S

I think that theyre gonna sell both Bosses as DLC. WILL BUY!
Also: LET ME BUY THE COLORS!

Poor art didnt have a chance

Edgeward

The difference between player skills is way more evident in KOF than other recent FGs. That stuff needed Vince McMahon's music playing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The difference between player skills is way more evident in KOF than other recent FGs. That stuff needed Vince McMahon's music playing.
KOF needs more comeback mechanics and gems

TROLOLOL

I think that theyre gonna sell both Bosses as DLC. WILL BUY!
Also: LET ME BUY THE COLORS!

I'd buy them for fun as long as they're either cheap or bundled together. Also, agreed with the colors, there's just no way I'll unlock them myself any time soonXD

The difference between player skills is way more evident in KOF than other recent FGs.

Hahaha, I know that SO well from experience ^^;

In a way, KOF has had a comeback mechanic for ages in the form of the additional stock you get for each character you lose.

Hell, they've been there since the AoF/FF days, you could pretty much say that SNK is the company that first had comeback mechanics in its games.

AoF/FF had DMs available only for when you were almost dead.
SamSho has the rage bar.
KoF 94-98 had free supers when your life was red, not to mention SDMs, and everything starting with 97 gives you extra meter after you lose a character.

Edit: Justin vs RogueYoshi on stream right now.

Tizoc

Is the Heaven stage the one where everything is white with the Door in the middle?
If so, yeah ban it or make the whiteness not stick out so much @_@

Crocodile

Is there an archive for the KOF portion of the NEC stream? Trying to watch the stream live was crashing my computer. I'm hoping the archive won't give me the same problems.

alstein

The Justin vs rogueyoshi match on that Stream is a good example of how to blow up AG.

Justin has real KOF experience, he was able to use it there. He is playing Chinatown style, saw that style on GGPO from a few folks who raped me hard back in the day. You really need a lot of mental discipline and ability to grind it out to beat that style when it's played well.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hell, they've been there since the AoF/FF days, you could pretty much say that SNK is the company that first had comeback mechanics in its games.

AoF/FF had DMs available only for when you were almost dead.
SamSho has the rage bar.
KoF 94-98 had free supers when your life was red, not to mention SDMs, and everything starting with 97 gives you extra meter after you lose a character.

Yes but Capcom players don't seem to know that, and they helped propel the "comeback mechanics lol casuals" meme to super stardom.

Fersis

Yesterday's stream looked and played great yesterday. This one is laggy and looks so washed out for me. I'll wait for it to be archived.
Exact opposite for me. Yesterday lagged too much but now it works fine.

Top Bottom