• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Ooh, now I get why I couldn't get Betty's trial 2, I was unconsciously stopping the hcb at db, no wonder the command grab never came out. Now I can do it much more frequently.

So, thanks to the NEC finals stream I am gonna go pick this up tomorrow (was planning to anyway, but the finals were too hype and I need it NOW) So I just had a few quick questions.

Does the PS3 version have the weird input lag that the Capcom fighters seem to always have on the system?

I know the netcode isn't great, but has online performance been better on one console over the other?

I will give out sexual favors to anyone who has a screencap of Elizabeth in scene 2 from the story mode without any text. I havent played in a few days as I'm still trying to grind out some UMvC3 missions but the NEC tourney got me super hype so I need to get back on this asap.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So, Classic Iori DLC should be out this week on US PSN right?
Tomorrow and it would be awesome AWESOME if they add an unlock color DLC. (Its on the leaked DLC picture after all)

PJX

I'm sure classic iori will be the top but i folks don't ditch no flame iori. He's solid sans projectiles

Next to Mai, Vice and Leona, Iori is my favorite KOF character, but I find no flame Iori boring and not fun to use. So I can't wait for this DLC to be released.

Shadow780

bvLzG.gif

BadWolf

I'm sure classic iori will be the top but i folks don't ditch no flame iori. He's solid sans projectiles

I'll be sticking with Claw Iori, I found the old one stale which was why I started using Kyo in the previous installments instead. This new revision of Iori is just what I needed. Same with EX Kyo, played him to death the previous years.

So yeah, probably won't buy either DLC. I really like what they have done with Iori and Kyo in XIII.

Dambrosi

Banned

Aaaaaaaahahahahahahaaa

I love the BO combo finisher in principle, but Chang in Iroha-chan's outfit makes baby Dambrosi vomit >:-(
Though I suppose his Goddess Athena bikini is objectively much worse

So yeah, probably won't buy either DLC. I really like what they have done with Iori and Kyo in XIII.

...what? He's just '94/'95 Kyo with different clothes and some new moves. How can you say this? EX Kyo is the "newcomer", if anything!

BadWolf

...what? He's just '94/'95 Kyo with different clothes and some new moves. How can you say this? EX Kyo is the "newcomer", if anything!

Have you seen him in action? He is a beast of a character now, especially when it comes to combos. Whereas R.E.D. Kick ended combos XIII's rdp+K lets him extend them. Not to mention air Orochinagi has brought a whole new world of hurt and combo options to his arsenal. And then there is his super fast full screen Neomax.

XIII Kyo is the best Kyo, imo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If some Atlus USA representative is reading this: The color unlock DLC will be sold on PSN too? Because i would buy them. So bought

Have you seen him in action? He is a beast of a character now, especially when it comes to combos. Whereas R.E.D. Kick ended combos XIII's rdp+K lets him extend them. Not to mention air Orochinagi has brought a whole new world of hurt and combo options to his arsenal. And then there is his super fast full screen Neomax.

XIII Kyo is the best Kyo, imo.

But that's mostly because of the system tbh, who knows how EX Kyo will end up with all the EX moves he'll get.

Also, best Kyo will forever be NGBC/XI EX Kyo until another Kyo gets Mu Shiki, and rekkas that let you explode your opponent in the air AND keep juggling from that.

Fersis

I'd probably buy them just because of the stupid glitch that locks back unlocked colors.
Same happened to me >_<
And i dont want to grind colors so im taking the easy/casual route: DLC!

Dambrosi

Banned
But that's mostly because of the system tbh, who knows how EX Kyo will end up with all the EX moves he'll get.

Also, best Kyo will forever be NGBC/XI EX Kyo until another Kyo gets Mu Shiki, and rekkas that let you explode your opponent in the air AND keep juggling from that.

Agreed on all counts. If XIII EX Kyo gets Mu Shiki, he's broken mained, no question.

Lothars

I was wondering How big of a difference is the DLC characters such as EX Kyro and Ex Lori compared to the originals? Is it that big?

IIRC we know that his EX hcb K is not even a grab and he lacks air Orochinagi. I was told he didn't have the 2-frame version of EX Orochinagi either. So basically compared to his regular counterpart he has inferior offensive and defensive options. Lacking a projectile makes him inferior in terms of zoning. On the plus side, close C f+B is a combo. Unless the damage is insane, I don't see what could make him on par with his regular counterpart. Now if you could pick both in the same team I'd definitely go for that, but I don't think that's possible this time around.

Top Bottom