• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nope, just the character unlocks.

Why? If you don't want to pay it only takes 10-15 minutes of your time at most to get either of them. If you're that lazy/hate single player that much that you won't even play it for half an hour, what's a dollar to unlock them? And it's not even $1 each, it's $1 for both :|
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU!!!

Korigama

How much is the Iori DLC? I remember $8 for Blazblue, never again.
I remember paying $8 each for Makoto and Valkenhayn...then a couple of weeks after I did that, they both went on sale for $4.50 each. ಠ_ಠ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

...Never again sums it up quite nicely. But yeah, EX Iori and the other XIII DLC characters will be $5 each, as everyone else said.

Kimosabae

Banned
Gonna cop this today.

Was checking out the NEC vids and I love how much space there is to move in this game. Is there any character with zoning tools that can rush down? That's the character I want to mess with first. I'm thinking any character that can leave something onscreen and then get in your face. I haven't played a KoF game since, like 94', so I kno nothing about this series.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna cop this today.

Was checking out the NEC vids and I love how much space there is to move in this game. Is there any character with zoning tools that can rush down? That's the character I want to mess with first. I'm thinking any character that can leave something onscreen and then get in your face. I haven't played a KoF game since, like 94', so I kno nothing about this series.
This is KOF man! Every character can rush down! Even zoning charge characters!
Check: Ash Crimson, Saiki, King and Athena Asamiya

Gonna cop this today.

You might want to look into Saiki and Ash then.

Tizoc

I remember paying $8 each for Makoto and Valkenhayn...then a couple of weeks after I did that, they both went on sale for $4.50 each. ಠ_ಠ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

...Never again sums it up quite nicely. But yeah, EX Iori and the other XIII DLC characters will be $5 each, as everyone else said.

Only BB DLC character I bought was Valken, mainly cuz he's a badass grampa butler wolf \m/
Granted Makoto and Platinum are prob. much better than him gameplay wise, but I'm waiting for the rest of the DLC to go on sale.
However seeing how CSE is getting an EU release, that won't be likely.

At any rate: If there's DLC you want but don't like the price; wait for a price drop.

Gonna cop this today.

Mature is cool too.

The End

I'm definitely in on Kyo, need to bring back my proper Kyo/Terry/Ryo team

That said, I've had really mixed results playing on Live lately, I'll get a 2 bar match where mt opponent is free to whale on me and then a 3 bar match where I'll clear through all three of my oppo's characters with Shen.

BadWolf

Gonna cop this today.

Definitely Kensou.

Try Mai, Athena, Ash etc as well.

Korigama

Only BB DLC character I bought was Valken, mainly cuz he's a badass grampa butler wolf \m/
Granted Makoto and Platinum are prob. much better than him gameplay wise, but I'm waiting for the rest of the DLC to go on sale.
However seeing how CSE is getting an EU release, that won't be likely.

At any rate: If there's DLC you want but don't like the price; wait for a price drop.
Most definitely. Around when the DLC for Deux Ex:HR, The Missing Link, came out, it was higher than anyone expected at around $15, and I had no intention of biting at any price higher than $10 at most. Fortunately for me, the US PSN screwed up the prices for the DLC the week it came out, making it available for $10 for a short while before they fixed it.

But, I'm getting off topic, so I'll just say I wonder if SNKP will ever do a bundle deal for DLC characters at some point.

I'm kinda ashamed but I can't for the life of me clear Iori98's 3rd trial, I can't seems to be able to link [down LP, QCB->+P,HP] with [QCB+K], the last command hits in blck stun :(
(I think the timing for my HP before the QCB+K is bad, but I'm not sure... :\ )

Tizoc

For 5$ you get the character, his stage, set of trials, and two music tracks. It's a better offering than what BB did.

Don't you get the DLC characters themes in the game without the need of buying them? CS2 DLC characters come with their trials only and one additional set of colors.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Don't you get the DLC characters themes in the game without the need of buying them? CS2 DLC characters come with their trials only and one additional set of colors.

And Iori '98's stage is already in the game anyway...you can't select it, but it comes up in multiplayer.

Well, the PS3 version is ranked 620 at Amazon and both versions are still full price at online stores so it seems to be doing ok, right?
Maybe 20k by the end of december.

Amazon is anecdotal at best, and Atlus never overships so their games remain MSRP for extended periods of time. You can't glean anything relevant from that.

Road

Have we heard anything about sales numbers for the game yet? I'm curious to see how it's done.
Morbid curiosity.

We may get Japanese sales numbers tomorrow, for the PS3 version at least.

Even though it was released in November, it'll count only for the December NPD, released in January (and there's a 0.001% chance we'll get numbers for KOF anyway).

I'm kinda ashamed but I can't for the life of me clear Iori98's 3rd trial, I can't seems to be able to link [down LP, QCB->+P,HP] with [QCB+K], the last command hits in blck stun :(
(I think the timing for my HP before the QCB+K is bad, but I'm not sure... :\ )

Either corner yourself before beginning the combo or do qcb+A (x2) drive cancel hcb+B/D after landing the C after the command throw.

Fersis

So no color unlock confirmed?

Man i was pretty hyped to spend 3 or 4 hours 'dressing' Elisabeth. :(

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't get any "character used" counts when doing VS. Only in story/arcade and online, so it takes forever for me to get anything.

VS, cpu (set to easy in options), max your meter, half their life, neomax, rinse, repeat. Every ten wins nets you a one line of colors.

I remember reading that Flame Iori's EX DM didn't go through fireballs, but from what I've tested it doesn't seem to be invincible at all. EX command grab seems fully invincible though.

Ill get this when they fix the netcode.

dPOu3.jpg

alstein

I'm probably going to give this game up once SCV is out. It's a good game, but the online is just too terrible, and I can't get true experience of real situations to compete offline.

A great game isn't great if you can't play it properly, and I just don't have the time/resources to commit to offline play properly. It's a real shame, SNK got everything right except the most important part.
I don't regret buying the game, though I will pass on the DLC until there's a netcode patch.

Top Bottom