• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Have you been having problems DCing rekkas (assuming you play those characters) into EX versions of those moves, if that character also has a DP move?
That's what I'm getting all the time with Kensou...

Yep sometimes Supers or DP comes out for me because i end up doing the move to fast .
I get a extra down input which i did not do , i really want a stick for this game but to poor right now.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

I forgot to mention it, but rolling backwards means Clark lands a D normal throw, allowing you to leave the corner at the cost of 100 damage and a hard knockdown. Probably the best option overall if you recognize the setup, lack the moves that beat it clean and aren't confident you can deal with the mix-up after the jump-in. Then again, empty jumps to command grabs exist...

Yeah, I also want a really good pad for this game. Stick just isn't feeling right. Any recommends?

What console? On PS3, the Neo Geo USB is slick

5259803946_6f5639932f.jpg

I'd also recommend the official SLS Saturn USB pads, the Hori Fighting Commander 3, and Fighting Commander 3 Pro.
It depends on your d-pad preference.

Even though DLC characters aren't my first choice, if a company is going to do them, this is exactly how.

Their own unique moves, stage, colors, theme(s) and pre-fight & win quotes. Plus trails and ending artwork. The full treatment.

And I was never good with "classic" Iori before, but I actually picked him up quite quickly this time.

Ok guys I've been putting it off but I'm ready to get this game. I played KOF a little back in the day but never got too into it. I have both systems so which version should I get? I really hope I like it because I haven't been able to get myself to anything beside SF4 since the fighting game revival. It'd be nice to have another game that I actually want to play. And how are the hero characters in this game(Terry, Kyo)? I've always flocked to them because they were similar to Shoto's in the SF games. Are they ass or something because I didn't see them being used at NEC.

So many half circle moves... This game is hard. ._.

At least I'm prepared for this. I switched to Evil Ryu when AE came out and he has a couple of half circle moves. I struggled doing them for a while, but finally got the hang of it.

N4Us

And how are the hero characters in this game(Terry, Kyo)? I've always flocked to them because they were similar to Shoto's in the SF games. Are they ass or something because I didn't see them being used at NEC.

They're still really solid. Terry is better now than in arcade if that means anything.

They're still really solid. Terry is better now than in arcade if that means anything.

Does Terry have the MOTW outfit? I love that outfit and I'll pay for it if it's DLC, just wondering if it's there or has been announced at all. And does it matter which version I get or is one version superior to the other?

Either corner yourself before beginning the combo or do qcb+A (x2) drive cancel hcb+B/D after landing the C after the command throw.

Thanks for the help!
but the demo of that combo pulls it off mid-screen without a drive cancel I think... qcb+Ax2 DC, hcb+K? are we talking about the same combo or you can add whatever you like inbetween to land it?

And how are the hero characters in this game(Terry, Kyo)? I've always flocked to them because they were similar to Shoto's in the SF games. Are they ass or something because I didn't see them being used at NEC.

Terry is good but the other hero chars like Kyo , K , Iori are really good.

Thanks for the help!
but the demo of that combo pulls it off mid-screen without a drive cancel I think... qcb+Ax2 DC, hcb+K? are we talking about the same combo or you can add whatever you like inbetween to land it?

Yeah as long you do everything in order you can put whatever you want inbetween moves.

BadWolf

Does Terry have the MOTW outfit? I love that outfit and I'll pay for it if it's DLC, just wondering if it's there or has been announced at all. And does it matter which version I get or is one version superior to the other?

Terry has his original outfit with the red hat, there has been no word of a MOTW outfit DLC.

Haven't heard anything about either version being inferior to the other, both seem solid.

Skilletor

Terry has his original outfit with the red hat, there has been no word of a MOTW outfit DLC.

Haven't heard anything about either version being inferior to the other, both seem solid.

Pretty much just preference. I prefer the Garou look myself, but I respect the classics. :)

Does anybody know the name of a good Leona player japan or otherwise? Looking to do some studying while it's slow at work.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Does anybody know the name of a good Leona player japan or otherwise? Looking to do some studying while it's slow at work.

Might be able to provide a few vid links, at least:
(From Arcade here, should still apply): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLryGm0HfM -First Min is some Leona combo practice /setups

There's some Leona in this 22 min vid somewhere (first match has her..) wish it was timestamped somewhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbaQPmPr9RU

The Fatal / Cool Conclusion 2011 series from the KCE guys, starring Leona's combos at the beginning *For thie first 1:25* Starring Arcade Takuma Glitch!: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.135

Sorry they're not more focused :|

Skilletor

Might be able to provide a few vid links, at least:
(From Arcade here, should still apply): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLryGm0HfM -First Min is some Leona combo practice /setups

There's some Leona in this 22 min vid somewhere (first match has her..) wish it was timestamped somewhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbaQPmPr9RU

The Fatal / Cool Conclusion 2011 series from the KCE guys, starring Leona's combos at the beginning *For thie first 1:25* Starring Arcade Takuma Glitch!: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.135

Sorry they're not more focused :|

No worries. :D Can never have too much KoF13. Thanks for the links.

Edit: Is there a source for frame data?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No worries. :D Can never have too much KoF13. Thanks for the links.

Edit: Is there a source for frame data?

NP. And here's some frame data compiled by the Southtown crew: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1194.msg24897#msg24897

Most XIII sources don't seem to site much frame data, but that's generally because alot of the info seems to be similiar between characters (Such as close C's being as fast, if not faster, than As, A's being 4 frames, etc).

A lot of this could have changes on console. Some things have been made more punishable (Leona's Weak Grand Saber) and others have been made faster (Her Strike Arch), and noone seems to have accounted numbers for any of that yet.

Oh, and Dreamcancel has been compiling the "Master Class" and KCE test vids of carious characters on their youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamcancelsnk

It's not exactly direct frame data, but there should be a lot of testing of what is and isn't punishable in there.

Skilletor

NP. And here's some frame data compiled by the Southtown crew: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1194.msg24897#msg24897

Most XIII sources don't seem to site much frame data, but that's generally because alot of the info seems to be similiar between characters (Such as close C's being as fast, if not faster, than As, A's being 4 frames, etc).

A lot of this could have changes on console. Some things have been made more punishable (Leona's Weak Grand Saber) and others have been made faster (Her Strike Arch), and noone seems to have accounted numbers for any of that yet.

Oh, and Dreamcancel has been compiling the "Master Class" and KCE test vids of carious characters on their youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamcancelsnk

It's not exactly direct frame data, but there should be a lot of testing of what is and isn't punishable in there.

Sweet!

So if I'm reading this correct:
【Leona】
f+B(-7)<Notes:Cancelled(-4)>
[W]/{S}/EX Moon Slasher (-21/-30/-21)
<Notes:[W]/EX atk's frame is when you crouch block>
Low Grand Sabre(-7)
High X-Calibur(-5)
<Notes:after cancelled f+B>

Leona's rush swipe (dunno the name...charge back, forward move) is safe on block, right?

Skilletor

That info appears to be from a 2010 issue of Arcadia, so the arcade version.

So stuff may or may not apply to the console version.

Ah, yeah. Looks like that move was changed for console.

Dang it. :( lol

Ground Saber has longer recovery when blocked. About even when fierce version gets blocked.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For me, Grand Saber feels like this:

Weak: Fast enough startup to combo off Close C (Making Close C, Weak GS, Slash Saber DM very nice), but recovery is horrible on block. Probably about as bad as a whiffed Moon slasher?

Strong: I believe this gets frame advantage. I use it as a trap all the time (Strong Grand Saber from a distance on wakeup (blocked) -> Crouch B, Crouch A, C Moon Slasher), and while I have gotten thrown after such things, it seems to be because my B was slightly off time, rather than her being open.

When they mentioned in the blog translations, that Strong Grand Saber was "About the same", I figured that was more "It's about the same as arcade", rather than "Both opponents recover at about the same time.".

Generally, I move in with confidence with it.

N4Us

Ah, yeah. Looks like that move was changed for console.

Dang it. :( lol

Ground Saber has longer recovery when blocked. About even when fierce version gets blocked.

Saber is definitely a huge risk as a bare move, like with Moon Slash you have to be absolutely sure it will hit or you'll get punished badly.

Sometimes if I whiff that I quickly roll back in case of a close punish, although that's not a guaranteed save. I also had a habit for a while of trying to throw after a whiff since a lot of people I played against would just punish whiffed Saber by throwing so I'd get a tech.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Heads up:
TheAnswerKof said:
We'll be streaming in about 2.5 hrs. Featuring @balaLuisito and Romance. twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kimosabae

Banned
Questions:

WHat's the SRK.com equivalent for KOF?

Are there unlockables?

Are there jump/short hop cancellable normals?

Are there roll cancellable normals?

How vulnerable are rolls?

Questions:

WHat's the SRK.com equivalent for KOF?

Are there unlockables?

Are there jump/short hop cancellable normals?

Are there roll cancellable normals?

How vulnerable are rolls?

dreamcancel.com Might want to take a look at the KOF XIII wiki at SRK as well.

Plenty, Billy and Saiki are unlockable characters.

No and No.

Vulnerable enough that you don't want to roll to often unless it is to avoid things with long recovery.

Tizoc

I need tips on how to do dp cancel into hcb x 2, help?

F, QCF, HCB, HCB
Just be real quick in inputting it.

BTW Iori's follow-up to his Lvl. 1 super does 90 points of damage so for 2 stocks that 290 damage. I'm pertyt sure his Lvl. 2 super does more damage, so...any good reason to use the follow-up?

Top Bottom