• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Skilletor

Before y'all spray cum juice all over, remember the netcode patch for XII was uber shit.

I hope they've learned their lesson.

The difference here is 12 was absolutely awful. The netplay in this is inconsistent. 3 bars is playable, but sometimes 3 bars feels like 1 bar. I've yet to see 4bars in mye xperience, even with people I have an amazing connection with in other games.

I'm hopeful. If only because everybody should be playing this game and good netcode would expose even more hypocrites.

Hahaha, finally got that damn c.lkx3->c.lp->super, but I did it the flashy way that SNK showed in one of its vids before release (c.lkx3->EX db,f+K->c.lp->EX f,bf+Pxxhcb+K->c.HPxxsuper) XD

...well, I got it before with turbo but something something honor something something.

alstein

I'm not expecting much on the netcode patch, but any improvement would be welcomed.

The netcode with a bit more work would be playable.

GrayFoxPL

The "netcode patch" for XII was just making the install mandatory, right?

Nah. There were 2 if I remember right. Btw it didn't made the install mandatory - it was the whole game install file in a patch - retarded idea. They fixed Raiden glitches. Online patch traded the slow motion into 60fps with huuuuuuuuge input lag making the terrible online definitively unplayable.

Skilletor

I JUST DID TRIAL 9!!! FUCK YES!

I did qcbx2 really quick and this makes Kyo dash, then f+p and cancelled his backdash into an air orochinagi.

So happy, lol.

Lucentto

Banned
The netcode impressions made me stay away from this game. Hopefully the incoming patch will improve it, and make me buy the game.

Skilletor

IMG_20111208_140236-1.jpg

Yay...lol. Time for Leona's.

VariantX

Cant seem to find people playing the demo on live that can give me at least 4 bar connections. Ive only found rooms with 1-2 bars so far.

Will def play the demo and wait to see what changes the patch brings. I really want the game but a fighter without good online or online community won't get much use from me.

Dammit I wish the 360 dashboard wasn't a buggy POS that can potentially brick your system so I could get this.

Wait what? Do you mean upon installing, or anytime after that?
I'm kinda worried now.

Junk from the lab:

With Kyo, you can input hcf+BD to option select both rolls when attempting a meaty close C, since in that case it's actually the second hitbox that connects, and that one is not special cancellable. An easy way to setup a meaty close C is to land a regular throw and immediately whiff hcb+B.

However, that second hitbox whiffs on crouchers.

Takuma doesn't like me anymore :( I'm dropping combos all the time as of recent, but I don't with K, Kyo, Kim and Kula. I plain suck with the Art Of Fighting Team all around as well. People told me at NEC I should go with KKK and drop my current team, Andy, Takuma and Iori. I just can't connect shit with them at all. I could do all the advance shit with KKK, and do good with them at gatherings and all......I guess the character picks you....At least I'm solid with my grapple team :)

I just need a break I think...

Man my PS3 is dying i hope to get it fix fast but with it being the xmas season i don't expect to get it back until Jan.
I going to feel empty for a while .

I've been runnin my mature with a Marge Simpson theme. It works. I've been using Benimaru and Leona as Bart and Lisa.

Not perfect but not bad either haha.

Also thanks a lot for that mention of the Korea tournament, definitely gonna try and catch that.

Atolm

I'm still waiting for the game, should be here by Tuesday. I'm so hyped I can barely enjoy any other game right now ;_;

Is this still selling for $60 new? I've been holding off on this for awhile to wait for a price drop.

Anyone ever play KOF MIRA? I dug it up last night to get my Mizoguchi on... that game is fucking nuts.

Crocodile

Really happy to hear about the netcode patch, it was one of the things that was making me hesitate to jump in. I won't be near an Xbox for probably two weeks but I'm going to try the demo ASAP. I'll get to see first had if the game is too far above my scrub-tier execution levels.

On another note, I remember seeing a while back some screen shots with Kyo and Andy looking like Trunks and Piccolo. Are those palates that come with the game or something you have to make. I'm not going to lie, easy access DBZ colors may help turn my friends onto the game :p

Top Bottom