• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

RSLYG

Beat Story mode on hardest difficulity with Raiden, all perfect, neomax finisher to unlock his extra custom.
SPOILER!
HdiTg.jpg

Holy shit the execution is this game is intense...

time to finally level up my execution big time.

I can't do shit outside of Quarter Circles.

Nice Looking game...
sucks that most of the characters I wanted to play happen to be charge characters...I suck at that.

This will be the game that helps me get better...I hope.

Skilletor

Kyo's trial 9 is owning me. I can't get the tiger knee super part.

For practice, I just run through the trials and get these motions down to muscle memory. I've got a couple HD combos memorized.

Leona trials are ridiculous, lol.

Holy shit the execution is this game is intense...

time to finally level up my execution big time.

I can't do shit outside of Quarter Circles.

Nice Looking game...
sucks that most of the characters I wanted to play happen to be charge characters...I suck at that.

This will be the game that helps me get better...I hope.
It seems like you need this, it's how the game interprets commands.

This contains some shortcuts, for buffering certain commands.

Tizoc

Kyo's trial 9 is owning me. I can't get the tiger knee super part.

For practice, I just run through the trials and get these motions down to muscle memory. I've got a couple HD combos memorized.

Leona trials are ridiculous, lol.

You mean RDP+B, HCF+P? I can get that to come out 90% of the time =p

I have this pad, I like it a lot, though recently I started getting phantom "down" inputs on occasion, probably just my particular controller. I've never had a problem with Hori products in the past.

The first one I bought I exchanged after a week or two of use. It was also doing some phantom inputs. The second one eventually started doing it as well, though not as quickly. It became clear it was an issue with mostly the right analog stick for my second pad (though sometimes the left one), and only effected certain games like SF3:TS. Never the d-pad. Another person I know also has the controller and has the same phantom input issue but I'm not sure if he narrowed down the cause of the issue.

Aside from that, the d-pad is great, the buttons are great, and the turbo functions are great (for farming achievements, for example). I don't have a screw driver that fits that controller, so I can't fool around with the analog sticks to try to fix them or disable them. Worth it despite the problems if you are a pad user.

Tizoc

reverse dragon punch? I do qcb? Is that some sort of shortcut to get it to come out immediately in the air?

I can do it off of a move, but I can't do it naked in the combo.

Well that's how I do it, I'd need to be with u to show it properly though ^_^; ...but yeah I do that to have it come out instantly, much easier then re-inputting QCB for the super.

BadWolf

Well that's how I do it, I'd need to be with u to show it properly though ^_^; ...but yeah I do that to have it come out instantly, much easier then re-inputting QCB for the super.

How is RDP, HCF+P going to result in an instant air orochinagi when there is no up input in there?

Skilletor

I'm confused. Why would I need to re-input the motion? It's a naked air super. I'm not doing it off of a move. I don't see what the qcb has to do with getting it in the air.

Tizoc

He wants just the super, not to supercancel it off of rdp+B.

Oh I see, sorry I misread that ^_^;
I'll check out His 9th trial and see if RDP+B, HCF+P can be used in it

@Skilletor- Sorry man, I'll see if I can help with that trial.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
New SNKP Blog Post today! - The Official unveiling of NESTS Style Kyo + Another Maniac Combo Vid.

NESTS Kyo Intro Video: ネスツ京技紹介
Shows NESTle Kyo's winpose in game, and his victory screen art, which is all pretty cool. (Makes me think of NGBC victory art when presented like this...)

Maniacs and Drinking: マニアックコンボ(落選)動画
Continuation of the Maniac combo series, I believe they wanted to give more characters 100% combos? Lookit Terry kill an opponent in only 18 hits, haha. Hwa's combos make my execution cry.

They mention that they'll get into (Classic "combo" Basic "combo gauge," "fire combo HD" "Maniac combo") for NESTS Kyo next week, going by the wonders of Google Translate.

That's awesome. /jealous

I'm up to 6 o 7. I spent about an hour in training mode getting the DC stuff down from her charge moves.

Just make sure when you're doing up slash ->side slash you're holding forward when you press k on the side slash, at least that was giving me the most trouble. I'm used to all the capcom buffer tricks, and doing her trials made me realize that I actually have a harder time just doing b,f than b,f,db LOL. The 2nd input series doesn't get read which is what took me a while. I felt like an idiot at first cuz I can do urien tackle tackle headbutt combos without a hinch, but once I adjusted leona's combos were super easy.

Speaking of Leona, if you play her, one of my fav things to do is when I have someone cornered and I have at least 1 bar, is to just crouch in front of them and activate HD mode. If they twitch in the SLIGHTEST, be it stickin out a poke, hop, or roll, you can just ex up slash -> side slash and then go into up/side slash loop. Tack on super/neomax at the end bar permitting. Also you get more damage if you just do a raw neomax as opposed to doing super -> neomax.

Skilletor

Just make sure when you're doing up slash ->side slash you're holding forward when you press k on the side slash, at least that was giving me the most trouble. I'm used to all the capcom buffer tricks, and doing her trials made me realize that I actually have a harder time just doing b,f than b,f,db LOL. The 2nd input series doesn't get read which is what took me a while. I felt like an idiot at first cuz I can do urien shoulder shoulder tackle combos without a hinch, but once I adjusted leona's combos were super easy.

Speaking of Leona, if you play her, one of my fav things to do is when I have someone cornered and I have at least 1 bar, is to just crouch in front of them and activate HD mode. If they twitch in the SLIGHTEST, be it stickin out a poke, hop, or roll, you can just ex up slash -> side slash and then go into up/side slash loop. Tack on super/neomax at the end bar permitting. Also you get more damage if you just do a raw neomax as opposed to doing super -> neomax.

Leona is going to be one of my mains. I have the same problem you do with b,f.

She's so fun.

I love this game, and I love so many characters, but it's the first KoF I've tried to learn since the Saturn days. It's a bit overwhelming (in a VERY good way).

tried some trials today. looks like they copied the ugly 1 frame links from SF for the trials? ugh.

i can see myself doing them up to 90% again before giving up, lol.

yes. mashing works somewhat, but i haven't been too good with it.

Which one specifically? I can't think of any 1 frames in this game that are strictly normals. There's a lot of linking specials, but that's not a big deal due to hold button buffers. Also there isn't even frame data out, so how do you know they're 1-framers?

Which one specifically? I can't think of any 1 frames in this game that are strictly normals. There's a lot of linking specials, but that's not a big deal due to hold button buffers. Also there isn't even frame data out, so how do you know they're 1-framers?

i didn't over-analyze anything. i went through the takuma trials and some of them brought back nightmares with normals.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Someone told me on twitter that theres a KOFXIII Demo on Xbox Live.
So if someone is on the fance about the most honest fighting game in years you can give it a try now.

New SNKP Blog Post today! - The Official unveiling of NESTS Style Kyo + Another Maniac Combo Vid.

NESTS Kyo Intro Video: ネスツ京技紹介
Shows NESTle Kyo's winpose in game, and his victory screen art, which is all pretty cool. (Makes me think of NGBC victory art when presented like this...)

Maniacs and Drinking: マニアックコンボ(落選)動画
Continuation of the Maniac combo series, I believe they wanted to give more characters 100% combos? Lookit Terry kill an opponent in only 18 hits, haha. Hwa's combos make my execution cry.

They mention that they'll get into (Classic "combo" Basic "combo gauge," "fire combo HD" "Maniac combo") for NESTS Kyo next week, going by the wonders of Google Translate.
Good Bye Esaka as EX Kyo's Song? DLC OF THE FOREVER!

NETCODE PATCH NETCODE PATCH NETCODE PATCH NETCODE PATCH NETCODE PATCH
ATlusUSA said:
#KOFXIII demo w/ 6 characters, 2 stages, and online OUT NOW on #XboxLIVE, coming 12/13 to #PSN; Developer already at work on netcode patch!

Skilletor

i didn't over-analyze anything. i went through the takuma trials and some of them brought back nightmares with normals.

You don't really link a lot of normals in Takuma's trials... I just watched a vid and saw maybe one after a special?

Which one are you speaking about specifically?

Also, yeah, I love that this game is execution intensive. SF4 is easy mode.

F, QCF, HCB, HCB
Just be real quick in inputting it.

BTW Iori's follow-up to his Lvl. 1 super does 90 points of damage so for 2 stocks that 290 damage. I'm pertyt sure his Lvl. 2 super does more damage, so...any good reason to use the follow-up?

I need to double check for accurate figures, but I believe the follow-up is better when used at the end of a long combo, due to the EX DM having only 90 points of non scaled damage.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thank you SNK/Atlus.
Pretty much.

Thanks to Atlus USA and SNKPlaymore. Man im not a sales guys but damn if i dont want this game to sell a ton! Hope its doing well for both Atlus and SNKP.

Absolutely fantastic news. I'm really excited that SNK is going to address the netcode and you can bet I'll be forwarding the demo to all of my friends hesitant about the game.

Top Bottom