• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Rhythmic

create a room and wait for a green or blue connection guy. you can play practice mode while waiting. i don't wait longer than 5-10 minutes usually and it's very playable at that speed.

if you can't find those connection types, then i'd start worrying about your connection.

Then it has to be my connection that is terrible since that is what I've been doing. Takes about 10-15 minutes before somebody joins the room. Even then gameplay still seems laggy even at 3 bars (have yet to get a 4 bar connection) A few times it started tolerable then just kept getting worse and worse.

Mostly as a "I've got this, lets make sure!" finishing tool, or aganist people who I know will do something that I'd LOVE to add more damage onto the DragonBackBREKA I'll soon be using aganist them.

Generally, I only use it after a Counter Hit Air CD, or a ground blowback. If / When I get better at the B Dragon Tail Drunken loops, I'd impliment it more, but for now, it's more of a style thing.

There's unfounded rumors, but noone has said anything clearly yet. IF they were to make an arcade update, you can bet they'd add someone new to it, to give people a reason to play it. But they had no plans on that, though they seemed they'd be willing to do it, if the players recieved the console port well.

I'd love to see an update myself, especially if they continue to improve the games netcode / features going forward.

As far as blurrier characters... yeah, they're made at lower res than the BB characters, but are thankfully much better animated, overall. Really love the games style overall, though I wouldn't complain if Hwa recieved 1 more winpose ;) (Though Laughing at everyone you defeat is pretty appropiate for his personality...)

Thanks.

Knowing SNK Playmore, I'm sure they'll do an update later down the line. I hope we see it sooner this time and they continue to build on this foundation until all the characters are in it! :D

N4Us

Heading off for SCR tomorrow. I think Offcast might be streaming some of the KOF action on Saturday, don't know too much of what's going on with that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, I was about to come in here and start bitching about Saiki's difficulty, being cheap, SNK Boss Syndrome, etc...

But then I figured out how to exploit his bullshit reactive AI and won. :D He'll eat Rising Tackles all day long if you just hold D/B until he gets close then let loose. Andy's Kuuha Dan works really well too.

As for Dark Ash, LOL I DUNNO, I didn't do anything special against him, really.

But yeah, I'm sure none of this is anything you guys didn't already know. He's a pretty bullshit boss, but kinda lame as far as SNK bosses go.

You know, I was about to come in here and start bitching about Saiki's difficulty, being cheap, SNK Boss Syndrome, etc...

But then I figured out how to exploit his bullshit reactive AI and won. :D He'll eat Rising Tackles all day long if you just hold D/B until he gets close then let loose. Andy's Kuuha Dan works really well too.

As for Dark Ash, LOL I DUNNO, I didn't do anything special against him, really.

But yeah, I'm sure none of this is anything you guys didn't already know. He's a pretty bullshit boss, but kinda lame as far as SNK bosses go.

Sweeping the leg or down+HP both work well too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, the online is SO DEAD on the PS3. =/ I'm super terrible, but if anyone with the PS3 version wants a scrub to beat up, add me. PSN is SeraphisCain. Just be sure to mention that you're from GAF/the KOF thread.

alstein

Also, the online is SO DEAD on the PS3. =/ I'm super terrible, but if anyone with the PS3 version wants a scrub to beat up, add me. PSN is SeraphisCain. Just be sure to mention that you're from GAF/the KOF thread.

The online ain't dead, it's just filled with 2-bar connections. I do a ranked match, I get someone challenging me at the char select screen 9 times out of 10, but 90% of the time it's 2-bar, 5% 1-bar, and 5% 3-bar.

It's lag abuse heaven though, even at 3-bars.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Add me (lyteedge2) and make sure you're hosting matches instead of searching...always works better.

I quit using the KOF PSN chat room since nobody is ever there.

BadWolf

Not for me, I creat a room in player match, hit practice and it doesn't take long for someon to join my game.

Get 2 and 3 bar connections very often.

Kioshen

So in my quest of looking for a 3rd main character, Clark the rapist is looking pretty interesting but I'm wondering what's auto-guard ? Do you take chip damage or fake damage like a focus attack in SF4 ? Do you have limited number of hits before you get it with auto-guard ?

LegatoB

So in my quest of looking for a 3rd main character, Clark the rapist is looking pretty interesting but I'm wondering what's auto-guard ? Do you take chip damage or fake damage like a focus attack in SF4 ? Do you have limited number of hits before you get it with auto-guard ?
Auto-guard is a lot like Super Armor in Marvel -- you still take chip damage, but you can effectively "eat" one hit and the move will finish normally. I think most auto-guard moves only absorb one hit, but this can vary.

BadWolf

You take no damage with Clark's auto-guard and it is full body, so high, mid and low. Even if they trying rolling through you they will get grabbed most of the time.

You should be able to guard through and grab though most moves (even multi hitting ones) and situations but some moves beat it, like fast multi hitting one's like dps, some ex moves etc.

The move will keep your opponent on his/her toes for sure.

You take zero damage, and the auto-guard functions in terms of frame window, regardless of the number of hits. Multi-hit attacks can beat it only because they might connect between the end of the auto-guard frames and the actual active frames of the throw.

Regarding your options on wake-up though, I believe you should just block most of the time unless your opponent attempts something they really shouldn't (in which case you should really see it coming though). It's not really hard for most characters to short hop on Clark's wake-up while hovering with a downward hitbox (such as K's j.A), so as to be able to beat a reversal command grab attempt, jump again should they hit the auto-guard, safe jump a reversal EX Gatling Attack and have enough time to react to a roll and punish it.

had my first regequit today :/

took a very long time compared to other fighting games.

Both versions seem to load mid-match when the next character comes up. Even when installed.
Netcode blows on both, but PSN is a bit laggier.

where did you hear that? did somebody do a comprehensible test? somehow i doubt that there are any differences.

I've been playing this game alot with friends. I at least pull off hd combos into neomax with everyone in my team but I'm having problem, converting my combos into hd because the opponent is not a training dummy :|

alstein

I've been playing this game alot with friends. I at least pull off hd combos into neomax with everyone in my team but I'm having problem, converting my combos into hd because the opponent is not a training dummy :|

It's really hard to train yourself to do it, then you gotta pull it off under pressure. Given the risks of dropping combos, I don't bother with HD, unless I need a 2 bar Neomax.

One of the nice things about Ralf is his combos are so short that the opponent doesn't get any meter when you take off big damage. Landing that damage is tough though.

shaowebb

Holy Crap these late night streams are hilarious. First Steve goin nuts and now Hellpockets is freaking out LOUD and barely containing himself in a hotel room streaming doing Macho Man impersonation style commentary.

http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming
New stream tomorrow at 5:15 they said. Still up right now for whoever wants to hear "Macho" Pockets have a breakdown on the mic. Shit is golden.

For the record they said all this hilarious stuff is going up on afterdarkgaming's youtube channel so we get to see some good stuff without having to lose sleep too. Kensou vs Terry finish at the end was clutch and incredible.

alstein

Just found out a 4 bar match is possible in my area- though the guy was likely just 100 miles away, at most 200.

Felt a TON better then a 3 bar. Just wish the guy was a little better.

Dizzy-4U

Congrats dude.
Thanks!

Man, this game looks beautiful. I'm running it at 1080p and looks very sharp (nothing like the upscaled Mortal Kombat crap). Is this the native resolution of the game?

PS: SNK, release an option to disable the filter on the characters. I want my pixels back!

Thanks!

Man, this game looks beautiful. I'm running it at 1080p and looks very sharp (nothing like the upscaled Mortal Kombat crap). Is this the native resolution of the game?

PS: SNK, release an option to disable the filter on the characters. I want my pixels back!

It upscales to 1080p. That's why the XMB stuff is so sharp. Game is 720p though, and the character sprites are obviously drawn at a lower res from the HUD and stages.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks!

How about some matches tomorrow night? Remember that SNKP is working on a netcode patch already.

EX Kyo matches by SNKP

It's really hard to train yourself to do it, then you gotta pull it off under pressure. Given the risks of dropping combos, I don't bother with HD, unless I need a 2 bar Neomax.

One of the nice things about Ralf is his combos are so short that the opponent doesn't get any meter when you take off big damage. Landing that damage is tough though.

Combos under pressure often drop, even the easier ones!

It's just one of those things. The more you experience real opponent play the more calm you will get though. . . but you still need to warm up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really, really can't figure out why I'm getting buyer's remorse over this game. I'm better at it than I am at Street Fighter IV, yet I've owned SFIV three times now, completely free of remorse. I've been a KOF fan for nearly ten years now, I love the series, love the characters, love the story, so why do I feel like I wasted money (well, trade credit, but whatever) on this? *sigh* Maybe it's the whole online being terrible thing, I dunno.

I have to say though, good on SNK for putting Survival Mode in the game. You hear that, Capcom? Some of us still enjoy a good Survival Mode.

Top Bottom