• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Rising_Hei

So... is the netcode better than KOFXII's? (i played it on my 360 and it was unplayable) i really loved the demo, but couldn't try to play with people of Europe because it hasn't been uploaded here yet.

XBL is always better online.

Absolutely not true

It might be easier to use because inviting works the same way with every games and people might like the party thing, but if we're talking about the quality of playing online, XBLA is the same as PS3 unless PS3 version is a cutreport (and PS3 exclusives uses dedicated servers more often than 360)

So... is the netcode better than KOFXII's? i really loved the demo, but couldn't try to play with people of Europe because it hasn't been uploaded here yet.

Absolutely not true

It might be easier to use because inviting works the same way with every games and people might like the party thing, but if we're talking about the quality of playing online, XBLA is the same as PS3 unless PS3 version is a cutreport (and PS3 exclusives uses dedicated servers more often than 360)

Yes, but that's not saying much. It's about as good as MVC3 vanilla.

There is an online patch coming. Wait for that.

Man I think Im in love with game. Been watching the stream, and downloaded the demo and had a blast. Cant wait till they release the netcode patch so I can this baby up.

You can only go so far with fundamentals.

Yeah, that's Justin's problem, he has good FG fundamentals, but he's lacking in XIII ones.

Also, god damn, Leona is hard to combo with, I swear I just spent more time on her 5th trial than on all of Vice's. It's not even not knowing how to do them, it's like it's physically impossible for my hands to drive cancel with her consistently, and whenever I DO get the drivecancel, I fail the super cancel >___<

Skilletor

Because IP1 to IP2 and viceversa using pretty much the same code has a lot to do with the auth service they logged in, right?

Don't know technical stuff, so don't know what you're talking about. I just know that in every fighter I've played on both systems, xbl has had better connections. Versus the same people and randoms.

Dizzy-4U

Also, god damn, Leona is hard to combo with, I swear I just spent more time on her 5th trial than on all of Vice's. It's not even not knowing how to do them, it's like it's physically impossible for my hands to drive cancel with her consistently, and whenever I DO get the drivecancel, I fail the super cancel >___<
I spent my first 4 hours with the game today. I went straight to Leona's trials. So, what's the deal with her 3rd trial:

c.lk + c.lk + c.lk + lp + dawn up lp hp

Is there any charge partitioning type of system hidden in this game?

I just mashed as fast as I could for that one, but I'm pretty sure that lp is meant to wiff and should be pressed when the stick is neutral right before hitting up for the Moon Slasher.

It should look like this
2(start charging)lk, 2lk, 2lk, 5lp, 6lp+hp

i think EX version is just db. f without the charge

It definitely isn't.

*sigh* The worst part about failing trials with Raiden's drop kicks is having to charge them again -.-

Dizzy-4U

I just mashed as fast as I could for that one, but I'm pretty sure that lp is meant to wiff and should be pressed when the stick is neutral right before hitting up for the Moon Slasher.

It should look like this
2(start charging)lk, 2lk, 2lk, 5lp, 6lp+hp
Got it with your method. It's so weird....

An Engineer at 343 Industries (Microsoft's New Halo Studio), Corrinne Yu did an interview about her career and work life at Microsoft.
Do you have time to play any video games yourself, and if so what are your favorites?

I am one of those who like Halo campaign more than Halo multiplayer. For first person shooters, there are many games, Halo included, that provides a deeply satisfying fragging experience. Yet among almost most shooters still being shipped, Halo is the only one whose universe provides as much hard science fiction possibility. I also love games with RPG twists like Borderlands, as I enjoy games that give me a gameplay narrative unique to me and not any other players. This also goes without saying that I love deeply RPG games like Mass Effect. For international games, I enjoy Metal Gear Solid boss fights. It is obvious the developers put in a great deal of effort into the bosses and the experience of killing the bosses at every encounter. I also love obscure fighter games and played the heck out of the original Battle Arena Toshinden, The King of Fighters, and even more obscure fighter games that too few people had heard of. I love the tough and beautiful challenge of side scroller Einhander. I enjoyed the strategizing in Civilization. I am more attracted to quality, than I am a genre loyalist. I see quality in any genre of game. I don’t have too much of a blind spot against games that are not first person shooters.
*sigh* A woman after my own heart.

shaowebb

yea id like sales figures, tournament entrants total in SCR, oh man im still hype from that 5v5 esp ending to mariachi musica.

******** is placing KoF XIII around 290,000 units sold total worldwide and that KoF XIII is doing roughly 4x what UMVC3 is.

However, I wouldn't listen to these numbers at all. They don't even have the US numbers for UMVC3 and vanilla sold around 1.57 million units and KoF is likely off too since the numbers shown are dated for around november still. I'd wait until NPD puts out something before we'll really know how KoF stands and how it fairs against Ultimate for that matter.

Me, I always wait for NPD numbers.

Considering these numbers are from a source who got banned from here for posting FAKE xbox numbers though I'd say take my advice and not listen to them and wait for NPD stats.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
An Engineer at 343 Industries (Microsoft's New Halo Studio), Corrinne Yu did an interview about her career and work life at Microsoft.

*sigh* A woman after my own heart.
Former DICE dev Christina Coffin also likes some KOF.
Im telling ya' KOF runs deep in devs veins.

Hell i got into game dev due KOF and AOF blowing my mind!

******** is placing KoF XIII around 290,000 units sold total worldwide and that KoF XIII is doing roughly 4x what UMVC3 is.

However, I wouldn't listen to these numbers at all. They don't even have the US numbers for UMVC3 and vanilla sold around 1.57 million units and KoF is likely off too since the numbers shown are dated for around november still. I'd wait until NPD puts out something before we'll really know how KoF stands and how it fairs against Ultimate for that matter.

Me, I always wait for NPD numbers.

Considering these numbers are from a source who got banned from here for posting FAKE xbox numbers though I'd say take my advice and not listen to them and wait for NPD stats.

290,000 copies ... yeah how about fake?

Anyone has a link to the 5 Vs 5 matches?

PJX

Is there a high chance we might get an Ex Mai? I really miss her 97 version which was the best version of her imo.

Top Bottom