• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Shadow780

I think what they meant by fixed is the vanilla netcode, the environment setup for press to review online is often different than the mass experience.

Tomorrow is NESTBest Kyo~

Olaeh

I surely hope the netcode genuinely gets fixed. It gets so bad I can't even block a damn fireball correctly at times.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
ATLUS releases new details about forthcoming online patch for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, reveals that NESTS Kyo DLC will be slightly delayed for PlayStation®3 system and will launch at a discounted price ($2.99) for a limited time to compensate:

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9865

The Xbox LIVE®Marketplace release (12/20) remains unchanged, and the delay/discount only affects the North American PlayStation Store.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, regarding Terry's trials...how in the holy living fuck are you supposed to cancel Rising Tackle into Power Geyser from the first goddamn frame of RT? That shit's just inhuman.

ATLUS releases new details about forthcoming online patch for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, reveals that NESTS Kyo DLC will be slightly delayed for PlayStation®3 system and will launch at a discounted price ($2.99) for a limited time to compensate:

The Xbox LIVE®Marketplace release (12/20) remains unchanged, and the delay/discount only affects the North American PlayStation Store.

Interesting. Will there be an all DLC value pack later on?

Okay, regarding Terry's trials...how in the holy living fuck are you supposed to cancel Rising Tackle into Power Geyser from the first goddamn frame of RT? That shit's just inhuman.

You do it with PURE SKILL. You boss that shit like a man then say "Yeah, I'm OKAY." Then bust it on frame zero.

Now you know what it feels like to use Vice in 96 except you don't have the stupid hard pretzel configuration with one frame SDM AND the 100% precise or you get NOTHING controls.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Damn.

So the colors unlock DLC will be delayed too? ;__;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So um...is it just me or does that "netcode patch" sound like it won't actually, you know, fix the netcode at all?
Youre not the only one.
Crazy thing is that i had one (Just one match) butter smooth match. So the netcode can work.

I want my color unlock DLC dammit! >__<

Most likely won't fix anything, just make the readings much more consistent and reduce/eliminate issues of good connections going bad over time.

Fersis

The only DLC affected is the North American PSN release of NESTS Kyo.
OH YESS!!!

I love me some color editing. And no i dont care its almost a digital doll.
* Hugs Elisabeth sprite*

N4Us

I really hope Air sticks with this game, his EX Iori is so goddamned ridiculous. He pulls off the HDs like it's effortless.

Tomorrow is NESTBest Kyo~

I refuse to call him Best Kyo until he gets rekkas that blowup the opponent in the air. I WANT MY REKKAS THAT BLOWUP PEOPLE IN THE AIR.

Still, I don't care that I'll be paying more than the PS3 people, I just want him now D:

...btw guys, nobody answered my question about how to cancel Raiden's tackle into its EX version, did you? :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I refuse to call him Best Kyo until he gets rekkas that blowup the opponent in the air. I WANT MY REKKAS THAT BLOWUP PEOPLE IN THE AIR.

Still, I don't care that I'll be paying more than the PS3 people, I just want him now D:

...btw guys, nobody answered my question about how to cancel Raiden's tackle into its EX version, did you? :(

I can do it off his HP tackle fairly easily, but off his LP tackle, hahaha forget it.

@douche mcbaggins - Hey thanks for the breakdown man, much appreciated!

This game has the largest buffer window in any fighting game ever, you can input :

d(charge), db, b, db, u+B/D, f+A/C

Anytime you come into something challenging, remember that you have eternity for the inputs, the game is SUPER lenient in this regard, more so than anything else out there.

Once you get acclimated, you'll find that execution in this game is very easy.

alstein

Why not just do his rising powerbomb, unless you're trying to go for something crazy like Crazy Train into Neomax?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I dont care >_<

Hehe, sorry for you PSN guys :( But at least you get to save a few dollars?? And no appearance of Color unlock DLC here, 2 XBL Gamerpic packs appeared though (WITH NO IMAGE PREVIEW, AND NO DESCRIPTION OF THE CHARACTERS INCLUDED IN EACH.) Please Atlus Aram, fix this somehow:) Either by giving them a preview banner on XBL, or posing pics of each pack on the Atlus forums or something...

However, Kyo Nicely included "How to select this character" in the purchase description, so that's an improvement there, which is appreciated!

My "Not really a Kyo player" impressions of NESTS Kyo:

Very Easy HD Bypass: cl.C, f+B, Kotosuki You (hcb+K) with B+D. Great way to start those flashy rekka chains, or just get in for the (EX)DM -> Neomax for 700+Damage.

After a blowback hit of a counter hit CD, Kotosuki You B version with do the elbow, but the grab will miss.
Kotosuki D Version will generally hit both.

By the way, his neomax travels full screen. It's not extremly fast, and you can jump over it from that distance if you see it coming, but it's not extremly slow either. You could probably punish a few C Dragonpunches with it pretty easily, though it's no Mai or Vice Neomax.

You can land a Naked Neomak off his D 75 Shiki: Kai. You even have enough time to activate HD mode and then do the 2 bar, 100% Drive Neomax. Works best if you activate the NM when they're almost level with your head / shoulders, otherwise, you'll pass UNDER them.

EX Dokugami chain is pretty nice. Because of all it's hits, it seems to be a better combo ender at times, than his DMs. Something to keep in mind.

Be can (chain crouch b, stand a, stand b, crouch a) together, before doing a Aragami / Mu Shiki.

Mu Shiki is pretty lenient. As long as they're not flying backwards, if they get hit by the column, they pretty much bet punched. I juggled the opponent with 75 Shiki Kai in the corner, started Mu Shiki as they were at the height of the juggle, and still got the flame hit + all punches.

His EX DP will throw people OUT of the corner, if you with them with it while they're juggled too high. If you want to use it to finish a juggle, wait till they're closer to you, so it traps them, and nets you more hits/damage.

His B side theme is Goodbye Esake: NEOGEO version. So no Tears :(

Just a few notes from a Non-Kyo Player ;) Hope someone can find some of it useful!

Fersis

No color unlock DLC makes me a sad panda :(

anybody else having trouble with K trials? i had to give up on trial 5 where you have to do 2 EX kicks in the air and follow with a normal super. the super is always too late, no matter what i do.

i think i've tried for an hour, sigh.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No color unlock DLC makes me a sad panda :(

Yeah, I got most or all of the colors for characters I use all the time...on PS3. Oddly enough that didn't happen on 360. But if they priced color unlock DLC for a dollar, like they did with the Billy and Saiki unlock DLC, I'd buy it.

Fersis

Yeah, I got most or all of the colors for characters I use all the time...on PS3. Oddly enough that didn't happen on 360. But if they priced color unlock DLC for a dollar, like they did with the Billy and Saiki unlock DLC, I'd buy it.
I unlocked some colors and then they got locked back S_S (Bug)

So yeah i want my Color unlock DLC !!

It was delayed on PS3 and it will give playstation 3 owners a discount on the dlc but 360 owners get it on the 20th, I believe.

lol, some consolation :/

Was any reason for the delay listed? It's just an unlock key for on-disc content. Does it break the game or something?

Fersis

lol, some consolation :/

Was any reason for the delay listed? It's just an unlock key for on-disc content. Does it break the game or something?
Atlus said its a technical mistake or something like that.
Probably SNKP/Atlus uploaded a wrong unlock key or whatever.

I just want mah colors!

Top Bottom