• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
playing kof is like a hyperbolic time chamber of execution.

haha was just telling my friend about this. it reminds me of old school Hyper Fighting timing somehow--I remember struggling with Ryu's close MK combos for example, or Sagat's Tiger Knee ones. Good stuff. I'm still not online so all I do is practice mode and currently Vice's trials.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Anyone know?

Just hold the forward longer, that's what works for me. Or, you can move to Up-forward as well.

It was an issue I brought up in Atlus' "bug report" topic after playing at Otakon as well, lol. (It's not really a bug, just a bit of an oversight to me.) I still get Splashes when I want Gorefest, but normally, if I just calm the motion down a bit, and do it more precisely, rather than a quick "Gotta do it, GOTTA COMBO!" kinda rush, it works really consistently.

It's that situation with Vice, and the easy mixup of hop back into Ko'ouken = Haoshokoken, or attempt at Zanretsuken = Haoshokoken, that annoy me the most. Again, if I get calm and do the motions more precisely, it's rarely a bother, but the input buffer does make it REALLY easy to get Hao's when what you wanted to do was move forward, C, into C Zanretsuken.

There are suggestions on DC about how to get around these things too, such as inputting a motion that has nothing to do with the undesired move, in order to "force" it out of consideration. Should be somewhere in HERE.

Edit: Hmm, that SRK Wiki page explains it all very well! Well done SRK dudes.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Im online yet I live in trial mode only. lol

you know what's been really impeding my progress believe it or not? Landing a basic meaty jumping attack at the beginning of a combo. I'm assuming its the various kinds of jumps in KoF that are throwing me off but I've yet to reliably land them where I can continue the rest of the trial.

you know what's been really impeding my progress believe it or not? Landing a basic meaty jumping attack at the beginning of a combo. I'm assuming its the various kinds of jumps in KoF that are throwing me off but I've yet to reliably land them where I can continue the rest of the trial.

It's a little hard to get use to, but try waiting until you notice the character exit the hit stun of the jump attack to input the close c/d, it kinda looks like they starting to fall to the ground. Sort of like a delayed cancel.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hauntsneomax1.gif

playing kof is like a hyperbolic time chamber of execution. i'm gonna be godlike at marvel after this.

I don't know why people say this so much. This game has the most lenient buffer window in any game I've ever played. I get so many accidental moves that would never happen to me in other games. With Leona, it's almost impossible to just walk up after a charge. I can go almost 3 character lengths and still get a side slash after pressing B or D. Not to mention going back to capcom games means you'll have to completely relearn how to do links again since this game's hold button buffer holds your hand through all that.

If anything, I've had to do extra shit just to NOT get stupid shortcuts/buffers messing me up.

-Mikey-

I'm sure this question has been asked a lot lately but how is the online(PS3)? I don't have anyone around to play with unless I can talk my marvel friends into playing with me.

Edgeward

So after a week of on and off of futile attempts I finally did Iori's trial 4. If it wasn't getting the timing down of canceling the command grab, it was most definitely timing the super after the juggle that got me the most as I can't just cancel from slash. But all that's behind me cause I did that shit. Feels good man.

Shinriji

Got the game yesterday (finally) and it's beautiful.gif

Bought gringo Iori as well and rocked online with friends, played the arcade to unlock Billy and Saiki, and did some trials. That shit is hard. For some characters I can do 7 trials (Mai, Takuma), but for some characters it's fucking insanity. As for the netcode, for me at least, it's SSF4 quality, so if you have friends that has the game it's all OK. But overseas the game it's right unplayable.

The game is so much better than XII and of course, fighting GOTY. Invite me for the GAF PSN chat. PSN - Shinriji

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got the game yesterday (finally) and it's beautiful.gif

Bought gringo Iori as well and rocked online with friends, played the arcade to unlock Billy and Saiki, and did some trials. That shit is hard. For some characters I can do 7 trials (Mai, Takuma), but for some characters it's fucking insanity. As for the netcode, for me at least, it's SSF4 quality, so if you have friends that has the game it's all OK. But overseas the game it's right unplayable.

The game is so much better than XII and of course, fighting GOTY. Invite me for the GAF PSN chat. PSN - Shinriji
Got your PSN message. Congrats buddy!

Also LOLZ at EMP haunts.

Galdelico

Then you got Moriya in Mr Karate's background. HD SamSho/Last Blade would be glorious. Will never happen, though. Seems like KOF13 got pirated a lot through the PC and lots of folks heard the netcode is bad on console and didn't buy it :( I just hope KOF continues.
Didn't know about the pirating crap, but as far as I can tell - from my limited experience here in Italy - the treatment KoFXIII is receiving so far seems kind of unfair.
I dunno, maybe it's true that if your name isn't CAPCOM you can't expect so much in terms of attention/visibility... Still, reading comments like 'yeah, it's surely a huge improvement over XII, but the netcode sucks, so the whole game is clearly disappointing' is proper sad.

And I'm trying to not speak out of my massive love for SNK, for the series, for 2D fighting games... I really can't understand how the value of this game seems to pass through so unnoticed.

alstein

I'm sure this question has been asked a lot lately but how is the online(PS3)? I don't have anyone around to play with unless I can talk my marvel friends into playing with me.

3 bars is playable. 2 bars is mostly unplayable. 1 bar yeesh.

4 bars will never happen but if it does it's awesome.

So online is 90% crap but you can sometimes get something out of it. It's around SCIV level.

i think it's fine when both parties have a good connection. i've been testing it for a while now with different setups and friends/random people.

can't complain.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
^^^^^^^^^^^^
EX Dark EMP Haunts

Man my Clark colors got locked again.. for the third time!
In other news Yuri's 'Chestoooo!' is the cutestes thing ever! :3

So far my characters are: Kensou, Clark, Vice and Yuri (CHESTOO!)

Top Bottom