• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

You people and your EVO talk are driving me insane. Mahvel is boring, Skullgirls is in the eye of the storm and there are no notable releases out in the genre yet so I'm stuck reading your damned EVO related posts!

:p
I'm in there. Regular streams for KOF is just what I need. I'm really curious about this "TBA" game though. It could be anything!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That would be great for tournaments, she hulk mature ftw. but is this really likely or is this some meme I don't know about :)
The color unlock DLC was shown on some leaked XBLA pics.

My colors glitched about 3 times so i really want my unlock DLC! >_<

alstein

The color unlock DLC was shown on some leaked XBLA pics.

My colors glitched about 3 times so i really want my unlock DLC! >_<

I can't even get colors for my entire main team right now, so I want that fixed at least. I've started to learn Lizzie since she's one of the few chars I have a good custom for.

0 HP

Any recommendations for an arcade stick on 360? I mostly would want it for shmups, but I'm a pretty big fan of XIII from what I've played so far (just got it yesterday). Something under $100 would be nice, I can't really 1cc shooters and I'll probably get my ass kicked on here if I start playing online.

Grecco

Were the EVO game announced yet?

Its tonight.

Any recommendations for an arcade stick on 360? I mostly would want it for shmups, but I'm a pretty big fan of XIII from what I've played so far (just got it yesterday). Something under $100 would be nice, I can't really 1cc shooters and I'll probably get my ass kicked on here if I start playing online.

Even though Madcatz refuses to ship to where i live. Ill always recomend a TE Stick.

VerTiGo

Banned
Is this game still alive? How is the online portion? I find games to play in Third Strike regularly and I can imagine that might be smaller than the player field of KOF. Marvel is fun don't get me wrong but I still would prefer something else and I am about to take the plunge today.

alstein

Is this game still alive? How is the online portion? I find games to play in Third Strike regularly and I can imagine that might be smaller than the player field of KOF. Marvel is fun don't get me wrong but I still would prefer something else and I am about to take the plunge today.

Surprisingly online is still going strong despite the weak netcode. If you enter a ranked match, you'll get someone to play you while you're at the character select screen, though it's usually a laggy 2 bar match with a Mexican.

This game is worth the plunge- this is the first fighting game I've enjoyed since VF5 this gen.

VerTiGo

Banned
Surprisingly online is still going strong despite the weak netcode. If you enter a ranked match, you'll get someone to play you while you're at the character select screen, though it's usually a laggy 2 bar match with a Mexican.

This game is worth the plunge- this is the first fighting game I've enjoyed since VF5 this gen.

Any news on the netcode patch? Most of my UMvC3 matches online are crappy and I am not too crazy about that game anyway to stick with it through the frustration. I imagine I will still get a few good games in online but I'm broadening the field of fighters I play to get a better grasp on my fightstick training.

Any news on the netcode patch? Most of my UMvC3 matches online are crappy and I am not too crazy about that game anyway to stick with it through the frustration. I imagine I will still get a few good games in online but I'm broadening the field of fighters I play to get a better grasp on my fightstick training.

It's coming. That's all we know. You might want to hit up practice mode to get use the inputs before going online if you haven't play any older fighters before.

BadWolf

Forget ranked, stick to player matches.

Ranked forces you to play whoever challenges you not matter what connection you have or if you want to play them or not.

Just create a room in player match and play practice while waiting for ppl with a good connection. I kick everybody below 3 bars.

alstein

Forget ranked, stick to player matches.

Ranked forces you to play whoever challenges you not matter what connection you have or if you want to play them or not.

Just create a room in player match and play practice while waiting for ppl with a good connection. I kick everybody below 3 bars.

If it's one bar and a Brazilian or someone out in a strange land I just ragequit the match before it starts. i've found one bars with japan to be semi-playable, but 2 bars with Mexicans to not be.

Lothars

I think what has made KOF blow up is dissatisfaction with Capcom+ KOF being damn good, not anything coming from EVO/SRK.

I think KOF's about as blown up as it will get in the US.
I don't think it has anything to do with dissastisfaction with Capcom but it's just the game is really good and that's what sold game plus it's a franchise with a history which helps.

alstein

I don't think it has anything to do with dissastisfaction with Capcom but it's just the game is really good and that's what sold game plus it's a franchise with a history which helps.

Arturo was very unhappy with Capcom, he's always been a bit of an SNK fan though, I remember playing him in GGPO98- I think that's where he started to like Athena.

The Super MNC chat room is full of Capcom-haters who love KOF. That place attracts some FGC folk.

A few locals have outright quit SF4 since KOF has come out. The Capcom hate is real out there, and while I'm not saying it's a majority, it's enough people that KOF benefitted and came out at a near-perfect time.

I would definitely give some credit to the folks on IPW. They've been showing the game a lot of love since before it came out iirc and it helped the game step up.
I think what has made KOF blow up is dissatisfaction with Capcom+ KOF being damn good, not anything coming from EVO/SRK.

I think KOF's about as blown up as it will get in the US.
It could have been more. SNK didn't bother to do anything serious about the netcode when Capcom is at their weakest. They probably won't regret it since they don't seem to care that much about console sales(so long as they stay where they are) when they've got stuff like pachinko and arcades(?) raking in money. Skullgirls would've been insane had it come out in September with a PC version too. It would've ridden in on that Capcom dissatisfaction hardcore and a PC steam version would've raked in dat cash. Let's see what happens with these titles in the next few months...

Lothars

Arturo was very unhappy with Capcom, he's always been a bit of an SNK fan though, I remember playing him in GGPO98- I think that's where he started to like Athena.

The Super MNC chat room is full of Capcom-haters who love KOF. That place attracts some FGC folk.

A few locals have outright quit SF4 since KOF has come out. The Capcom hate is real out there, and while I'm not saying it's a majority, it's enough people that KOF benefitted and came out at a near-perfect time.
True, but I don't think the hate is that widespread at least enough to affect KOF sales to a big degree. I think it's more to do with the package KOFXIII was and how it was presented.

Skilletor

True, but I don't think the hate is that widespread at least enough to affect KOF sales to a big degree. I think it's more to do with the package KOFXIII was and how it was presented.

The disappointment wouldn't affect KOF sales to a big degree, but the competitive community wouldn't affect sales of any game to a big degree.

I definitely think it's a case of disappointment at capcom and KoF being fuck awesome. It's definitely the feeling here in my community.

alstein

AE got widespread hate in the competitive community, and the competitive community (along with anime fans) drives sales of non-mainstream fighters. I'll be surprised if AE gets more entrants at EVO this year then it did last year.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think its kinda wack to reveal the EVO games before one of them is even released.
They did the same with MK, MK took a spot before it was released. Thats whack.

#WHACK

Oh and the CEO 2012 game lineup will also be revealed this week.

EDIT: No Color Unlock DLC today =/

So I played my first ranked match and it was a 2 bar connection with no way of backing out...never again. I played a few 3 bar connection player matches and those were a lot better. Lag wasnt a huge factor in the player matches.

Shadow780

Anyone recommend Benimaru as a beginner character?

Can you do his down b > qcf+kicks combo starter and follow-up consistently? That's his most essential combo starter and if you can, why not. He's a pretty strong character, long reach, good poking, and you get to see him without clothes.

Fersis

KOFXIII at EVO !!!

1258372469.jpg

120.jpg

Fersis

BTW CEO Jebailey just confirmed KOFXIII at CEO 2012 too!

We're going Hollywood!

Top Bottom