• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Zee-Row

Banned
Question , do any of the King of Fighters collection games feature the arrange soundtrack from the Neo Geo CD versions? I always preferred those over the original AES soundtracks.

Question , do any of the King of Fighters collection games feature the arrange soundtrack from the Neo Geo CD versions? I always preferred those over the original AES soundtracks.

The Japanese "NeoGeo Collection" releases do. But the US released "Orochi Saga" does not (they're merely unlockables you can play on the main menu IIRC).

Aside from that the US PS2 releases of 2000, 2003, and 98 Ultimate do.

I might be crazy, but XI is the ONLY SNK game where I actually prefer the OST over the AST. The music is already Arranged quality, the AST version is more of an alternative remix album.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So how's the netcode on this game?

I played the PS3 demo and the connection was just absolutely horrendous. I was playing against somebody with 2 bars and my moves were literally happening about a half second behind my inputs. It was completely unacceptable.

Y$ES MK and KOF

:eek:)

swish.gif

BB black shorts KOF white

Toge

Can you do his down b > qcf+kicks combo starter and follow-up consistently? That's his most essential combo starter and if you can, why not. He's a pretty strong character, long reach, good poking, and you get to see him without clothes.
Do it I can, hit confirm I cannot (yet)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Theres a small chance that ill be going to EVO.
If it happens it would be a real pleasure to meet N4Us, haunts, RogerDodger and all the GAF KOF folks!

BadWolf

Do it I can, hit confirm I cannot (yet)

You can do like two or three down Bs before going into qcf+K so there should be enough time to hit confirm.

Also, to do the follow up to qcf+K you can just hold up and press K after the qcf+K motion.

The main combo to learn for Beni is standing C or crouching Bs> qcf+K> followup> drive cancel into qcb+P> juggle with ex super

Not very difficult, a lot of time to hit confirm and great damage.

Frankfurt

Banned
I reeeeally hope the KOF community doesn't drop the ball like the BB community (they had what, 150 entrants only?). It needs at least twice as many peeps signing in, and i'm not sure KOF can get that.

Hope i'm wrong.

Skilletor

As if Arc System Works could design a fighting game character dressed sensibly.

Come on man.

Needs more robes, lace, and excessive Rob Liefeld accoutrements. :p

Where have you been? I thought your jizz would have coated this thread by now. :p

Played a bunch of KoF online with a friend last night. He's like 30 minutes away from me and we have the same ISP, but the connection was still 3 bars, lol.

4 bars is a myth, like a unicorn, or that girl you dated in high school but she went to another school so nobody ever met her.

Still, it was consistent, and playable for basic stuff. I kept missing lots of stuff, so just stopped trying altogether.

KOF AT EVO!!!!!

Everyone forgets Battle Fantasia exists. Arc isn't all belts and zippers!

Only because it's harder to model all that lace and belts with polygons. LOL LOL LOL

Where have you been? I thought your jizz would have coated this thread by now. :p

KOF AT EVO!!!!!

Trying to scale back on the amount of time I waste here. Plenty of jizz for this thread.

Still haven't tried 13 online. Don't want my heart broken.

Okay, so I just gave SNK my money for Flame Iori, on the PAL PS3 version of the game. Fine. Now how do I select him? He's nowhere to be seen on the select screen.

Fake edit: Nevermind, pressing Select worked. Awesome way to sell a character to people who never played an old KoF game with EX characters.

N4Us

Theres a small chance that ill be going to EVO.
If it happens it would be a real pleasure to meet N4Us, haunts, RogerDodger and all the GAF KOF folks!

Yeah, KOF being announced as a main game pretty much cemented me going this year.

Rain_ng

Banned
Okay, so I just gave SNK my money for Flame Iori, on the PAL PS3 version of the game. Fine. Now how do I select him? He's nowhere to be seen on the select screen.

Fake edit: Nevermind, pressing Select worked. Awesome way to sell a character to people who never played an old KoF game with EX characters.

We finally got Nests Kyo too, but he's not as exciting.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finally, EVO gets a real fighitng game! ;)

Really looking forward to seeing what the players bring out in the game by then. I really hope we see some great variety of characters, and some dominance by the unexpected. A perfect time for eLive's new group to show off their skills and backing, too!

Will be a good amount of time for people to get used to the DLC characters as well. I could understand if they were not included, but I really hope they are!

Orobi

Excuse me, could someone link me the thread with article about characters art of KOFXIII Vs. this-gen-characters art?

I reeeeally hope the KOF community doesn't drop the ball like the BB community (they had what, 150 entrants only?). It needs at least twice as many peeps signing in, and i'm not sure KOF can get that.

Hope i'm wrong.

You know I'm a total scrub (at least tourney wise) in this as I am in all fighting games but I may enter at EVO instead of just spectating just to support it.

Had a lot of fun playing this online, but 90% of the time when I am decimating my opponent, they conveniently disconnect and I do not get the win.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that Black Ash and Saiki are very susceptible to moving grab attacks. Vice got stompin'

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EX Iori and EX Kyo are now available in the EU PSN Store

galvatron

Just got back into the states and had this game waiting for me. Bodied my scrubby friend in it, but I really suck. Marvel has ruined my timing for real fighting games since I can't just buffer everything in KOF.

Add me if you don't mind playing someone who is learning, but with little time to play

PSN: doc-wily

Top Bottom