• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Arol

I just got the game, been messing around by no means an expert but wouldn't mind playing with some other peeps.

I'll go over the PSN list but if anyone can add me to the chat that would be awesome as well.

Oops, my psn ID is Arolisci

Good games Alstein, your Ralf really is something else. His normals are super quick and cover a ton of range and you know how to throw in his dive punch infrequently enough to have it always in the back of my mind. Just be weary throwing it out there when your opponent has a decent amount of meter since most quick supers/neomaxes clean it up quite easily.

I was really satisfied with my Kyo play overall, seems like a good fit for me at this point.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
On 8way stream, ChrisG had some solid blocking, and saved up that meter from blocks to blow-up wonderfully.

RogueYoshi... I'm suprised he didn't High/Low mix as much as I'd expect. He did some nice stuff when he could, of course, but not only was he losing, he also was losing with almost no meters due to so much GCCDs and such.

Was an interesting watch though, and it was nice to see some solid practical uses of a variety of Neomax's. I love it when people aren't afraid to use meter in this game, especially when it has strong, practical uses.

Hwa, why didn't you land some fanciness? At least there was a Dragon Bak-Breeeka...

Did anyone ever use Mr. Karate? All that EX Kyo and Iori, but no Karate? :( (And thanks for the Beijing Karate, BadWolf. He was nice to watch!)

dkeane

Bought the 3 new characters. Support SNK!
Looking forward to trying them out tonight.

Can I only use them in versus and online? I tried them in practice this morning and couldn't select them.

Bought the 3 new characters. Support SNK!
Looking forward to trying them out tonight.

Can I only use them in versus and online? I tried them in practice this morning and couldn't select them.

You can use them in practice, are you pressing select while highlight their normal counterparts?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone got sales figures of KoF XIII?
Dont expect SFIV numbers.

But considering that KOF is kinda unknown in the USA (The Biggest market) i think it did fine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the NPD thread? I see.
Maybe it was posted on those threads but i dont read them.
Obviously nothing is official until Atlus, Rising Star or SNKP say so.

EDIT: But yeah sales are not my thing ;)

Enordash

So, I've been dabbling in this game for a couple of weeks. Nothing too serious, but against my friends, I was consistently winning. Last night, I thought I'd test the water online and see where I stacked up against (hopefully) similar people. I'm a rank 4 I do believe, but again, all of my matches were against friends. Needless to say, I got dominated. Not just beaten, destroyed. I am apparently just terrible at this game. I was trying to use King, Athena, and Terry. Nothing worked. My opponents could just trap me in a corner. I felt completely useless. I need people to play with that will actually teach me what the hell I'm doing wrong.

So, I've been dabbling in this game for a couple of weeks. Nothing too serious, but against my friends, I was consistently winning. Last night, I thought I'd test the water online and see where I stacked up against (hopefully) similar people. I'm a rank 4 I do believe, but again, all of my matches were against friends. Needless to say, I got dominated. Not just beaten, destroyed. I am apparently just terrible at this game. I was trying to use King, Athena, and Terry. Nothing worked. My opponents could just trap me in a corner. I felt completely useless. I need people to play with that will actually teach me what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Try guard rolling out of your opponents blockstrings. It's pretty important in this game with all the long blockstrings in this game. Neutral jumping might be helpful too.

alstein

Try guard rolling out of your opponents blockstrings. It's pretty important in this game with all the long blockstrings in this game. Neutral jumping might be helpful too.

Those chars also are vulnerable to keeping trapped in the corner, except for King.

Blocking is good in KOF, due to the ridiculous amount of meter you get for it. Just don't get guard crushed- if you have to CD counter, guard cancel roll. YOu'll gain a meter to do it before you get guard crushed in most cases, unless they're playing certain chars.

Enordash

Those chars also are vulnerable to keeping trapped in the corner, except for King.

Blocking is good in KOF, due to the ridiculous amount of meter you get for it. Just don't get guard crushed- if you have to CD counter, guard cancel roll. YOu'll gain a meter to do it before you get guard crushed in most cases, unless they're playing certain chars.

I'm used to DPing my way out of a corner, but the timing seems difficult to get down especially online with any sort of lag. I probably just need to study up a little more and get used to the specific system.

Skilletor

I'm used to DPing my way out of a corner, but the timing seems difficult to get down especially online with any sort of lag. I probably just need to study up a little more and get used to the specific system.

DPs are super baitable. That's not what you want to do unless it's a last resort.

BadWolf

Learn your characters' normals, a lot of them can be useful against various pressure. Like King's far standing HK is a great poke and also works well as an early anti-air, her crouching HP is also good as an anti-air. Her df+D slide lowers her hit box way down to the ground so you can slide under jumps or jump in attacks, high hitting attacks etc. Standing blowback attack beats lows.

Enordash

Thanks again for the help, guys. I need to get it in my head that I can't do unsafe moves against people that don't suck. I'm hoping a lot of it comes eventually as I play with people that are skillful. I'm really hoping that KoF gains a decent following. Fighters seem to be back in full swing. Lots to look forward to this year.

Fersis

Spooky is saying that XIII sold 400k

Kinda impossible isnt?

Top Bottom