• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

alstein

The number of games active online make me think a 400k number across both consoles is plausible, though a bit high.

250-300k would be a big success for a non-Capcom/Namco fighter, and enough to keep SNK going.

What, was there even a warning for the move to community? ._o I know it was pretty much time, but I don't remember seeing the usual warning.

I want to believe that number, but probably way off. Perhaps 200k across both consoles, and that´s being too positive IMO.

Maybe it's 400k both consoles WW?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
fersis: did you want more or less? ;(
400k would be beyond my craziest dreams. Even 200K sounds perfect for me.

Oh... and we are on Community now? I didnt see the warning on the thread title like most threads.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey, Fersis: I'm sure you could do a Better knock-off KoF than the Chinese did in flash. ;)

Saw some kid playing this at the library and had to do a a doubletake.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey, Fersis: I'm sure you could do a Better knock-off KoF than the Chinese did in flash. ;)

Saw some kid playing this at the library and had to do a a doubletake.
Thats pretty cool. Not a fan of stealing assets but it plays perfectly fine, much much better than anything i could do.

BTW is 400k a lot? (For KOF of course)

N4Us

STA ranbats again tomorrow. Won't be there though, flying out on a plane during that.

Here's hoping that Dacidbro/RodgerDodger grudge match goes down.

hypernima

Banned
Hey I've had this game for a while but never really played anyone but friends online.

Looking for more PSN players and general tips I guess, if anyone is interested in a match let me know :)

Fersis

Hey I've had this game for a while but never really played anyone but friends online.

Looking for more PSN players and general tips I guess, if anyone is interested in a match let me know :)
Dont forget to post your region!

Hello everyone. My first post here. Long time KOF fan since 1998 during the glory days of the arcade. Brought the game recently. Very beautiful. Certainly best kof after 98,2000 and 99.

However i must say the lag, oh my God. I swear, i cannot combo anything in this game online even with 4 bars. Nothing. I have all the time in the world but nothing seems to combo. Really disappointed with online aspect of the game.

Finally can someone tell me what the hell has SNK done with Saisyu Kusanagi? I miss him so much.

Fersis

Hello everyone. My first post here. Long time KOF fan since 1998 during the glory days of the arcade. Brought the game recently. Very beautiful. Certainly best kof after 98,2000 and 99.

However i must say the lag, oh my God. I swear, i cannot combo anything in this game online even with 4 bars. Nothing. I have all the time in the world but nothing seems to combo. Really disappointed with online aspect of the game.

Finally can someone tell me what the hell has SNK done with Saisyu Kusanagi? I miss him so much.
Welcome dood!

* Hugs new KOF GAF member *

welcome to neokof.

my 3-4 bar experiences are very good, all combos work. sometimes it doesn't work that well, and that's because my opponent uses wireless. turns every honest fighting into honest garbage in most online fighters.

Venfayth

Just picked up this game, been meaning to for a while. I started playing fighting games after seeing this past EVO, started with AE, a month ago picked up umvc3.

After spending some time trying to do trials in this game, god damn. I could barely do Elisabeth's 1 after 30 minutes, and haven't been able to do her 2 yet. The inputs are so strict. I realize starting with AE is probably horrible for execution because of it's leniency, but this game is so much faster as well.

The characters are a lot of fun, minus the loud repetitive voices while trying to learn the trials (yuri ._.) and I love how amazing NEOMAX cancels are.

Unfortunately, I feel so lost when it comes to actual matches. I have yet to try an online match, I'm so afraid hahaha. I can barely beat the CPUs.

Speaking of the CPUs, is there any trick to beating Saiki in story mode? He's so mean :(

Enordash

Just picked up this game, been meaning to for a while. I started playing fighting games after seeing this past EVO, started with AE, a month ago picked up umvc3.

After spending some time trying to do trials in this game, god damn. I could barely do Elisabeth's 1 after 30 minutes, and haven't been able to do her 2 yet. The inputs are so strict. I realize starting with AE is probably horrible for execution because of it's leniency, but this game is so much faster as well.

The characters are a lot of fun, minus the loud repetitive voices while trying to learn the trials (yuri ._.) and I love how amazing NEOMAX cancels are.

Unfortunately, I feel so lost when it comes to actual matches. I have yet to try an online match, I'm so afraid hahaha. I can barely beat the CPUs.

Speaking of the CPUs, is there any trick to beating Saiki in story mode? He's so mean :(

I had to completely cheap Saiki out (I assume you mean the boss version). I spammed Kyo's Yamibarai, then Athena's Phoenix Arrow, then finally Terry's Power Wave. That worked eventually but is a very fickle strategy. The SRK guide says to pressure him into the corner, which didn't seem to work with a noob like me. What platform are you playing on? I would love to have someone to get better with. (I'm on 360)

Venfayth

I had to completely cheap Saiki out (I assume you mean the boss version). I spammed Kyo's Yamibarai, then Athena's Phoenix Arrow, then finally Terry's Power Wave. That worked eventually but is a very fickle strategy. The SRK guide says to pressure him into the corner, which didn't seem to work with a noob like me. What platform are you playing on? I would love to have someone to get better with. (I'm on 360)

Yeah I'm on 360 as well, you can add my GT if you want, it's Slipsmoke

I'll have to try spamming cheap things then :p He's kinda ridiculous.

Step 1: Pick Team Yagami
Step 2: Choose Vice
Step 3: Spam her dp grab like there's no tomorrow
Step 4: Enjoy your perfect or almost perfect

welcome to neokof.

my 3-4 bar experiences are very good, all combos work. sometimes it doesn't work that well, and that's because my opponent uses wireless. turns every honest fighting into honest garbage in most online fighters.

oh shit. that could be the problem. i use wireless because wired cable has no chance in hell in reaching my ps3.

sigh

Enordash

Yeah I'm on 360 as well, you can add my GT if you want, it's Slipsmoke

I'll have to try spamming cheap things then :p He's kinda ridiculous.

My GT is Abednego. Here's to hoping we can get a decent connection. I'll see you on there sooner or later.

shaowebb

Been playing some more though my time for gaming has been absent for like 2 weeks straight since college kicked back in. Chin still feels sooooo good when I use him and K' keeps feeling even better as I learn to cancel (which I suck at since I'm still pretty raw at this).

For kicks afterwards I picked up KOF2002 UM on live to see what was added to that version and discovered several characters all over again from its enormous roster I truly miss.

• Whip (Super Skrull ripped her off bigtime in MVC3 series)
  • Jhun Hoon (lol borked)
  • Nameless (k9999 with extras)
  • May Lee (everything is a special that can have an additional button press added to extend the hits. SOOO good at footsies too with how safe some of her stuff was)
  • Heidern ( O_O "Oh God...oh GOD! I can't stop him! RUN AWAY! Oh shit projectiles! Run back the other way! OH SHIT BAD IDEA FUUUUUUU..." )

spoonztt

Tried this out online yesterday with a friend about 20 miles away on the same ISP. It was horrible @ 3 bars :(.

You'd think it would be perfect as the island is so small. I guess I'll have to stick to playing VS CPU.

spoonztt

My personal schedule doesn't really allow for it right now. Most of the guys playing have schedules that usually conflict with my own. I probably see them once every 4-6 months (usually at tournaments)

I don't have a car so getting around isn't as easy as it sounds. The taxi system is run by private cars that work whenever they feel like so while getting to my destination is easy, getting back home isn't.

I saw that Local Battles ran a KOF ranbat (which 8wayrun streamed) last thursday. This angers me as 1. I didn't know about it
but more importantly 2. I live 10 min away from the damn place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to find out of there's another one and if this is going to be a reoccuring thing so I can start being active in person for a change!

Enordash

Has anyone else seen some neat things done with the color palette of any character. I saw a Hwa that looked like Buu from DBZ yesterday. Also a Yuri that was using Chun Li's colors. I bet you can do some pretty cool stuff with some characters.

Has anyone else seen some neat things done with the color palette of any character. I saw a Hwa that looked like Buu from DBZ yesterday. Also a Yuri that was using Chun Li's colors. I bet you can do some pretty cool stuff with some characters.

SRK has a pretty cool color edit thread.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/fun-with-colors-the-customize-character-thread.150606/

As for me, I have Elizabeth and Mature with DeeDee (Dexter's Lab) colors, Leona's in Sarah Bryant (Virtua Fighter) colors, and Athena in Lili (Tekken) colors.

I think I saw Terry as Red(Pokemon) in the STA stream.

Fersis

Still no PSN money. =/
Hope they publish the color unlock DLC soon.

Fersis

I would jump all over the color unlock DLC. I could spend irresponsible amounts of time tweaking everyone.
You and me both my friend.

And i dont care if its 'casual' i want to edit mah colorz!

Top Bottom