• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

BadWolf

Interesting, its 3v3 but each player uses one character in the team. Its not the players playing one by one with entire teams.

Wonder if button configs will be a problem.

Interesting, its 3v3 but each player uses one character in the team. Its not the players playing one by one with entire teams.

Wonder if button configs will be a problem.

answer just finished talking about it, basically the person using an alt layout can pause in the very beginning or in final round, i guess they'll be playing it by ear. should hijack the curleh mustache thread and fuse both tourney threads together

BadWolf

answer just finished talking about it, basically the person using an alt layout can pause in the very beginning or in final round, i guess they'll be playing it by ear. should hijack the curleh mustache thread and fuse both tourney threads together

Yeah, I heard. Hope it works out since it sounds like a very fun concept. Used to do it a lot with KOF2k2 on Kaillera back in the day.

Meter management is going to be a bitch lol.

Yeah, I heard. Hope it works out since it sounds like a very fun concept. Used to do it a lot with KOF2k2 on Kaillera back in the day.

Meter management is going to be a bitch lol.

yea the meter management/roles really take huge importance with this 3 v 3 as well. wish it was offically supported. i remember awesome times in kalleria as well

I think i am starting to fall out of love with the game right now. The online is incredibly frustrating. All the combos i can do in practise mode means nothing when i cant do it online. My win percentage has fallen below 50% last night. aaaarrrgggh!

I think i am starting to fall out of love with the game right now. The online is incredibly frustrating. All the combos i can do in practise mode means nothing when i cant do it online. My win percentage has fallen below 50% last night. aaaarrrgggh!

Try to find some offline competition if you can.

alstein

That online completion percentage could jack me up. I've "ragequit" a ton of matches at the start due to lag. My drop rate is around 18% due to this, without an actual ragequit on my end.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if this patch allows you to leave an ongoing online match
Oh and i hate that you have to press start after recording a dummy on Practice.

BadWolf

Oh and i hate that you have to press start after recording a dummy on Practice.

1. Hit button to start recording action
2, Hit button to stop recording
3. Hit loop to have the dummy do the move over and over

Whats to hate? Pretty simple and straight forward.

Thank you!

I was playing some online over the weekend and never got a connection above 2 bars. The game feels so frustrating when an input straight up doesn't register. I constantly feel like I'm getting screwed out of matches due to lag alone. If you love dropping combos or throwing out normals when you are going for a special, stick to 2 bar connections :(

That might all end soon!

Maybe...Don't get your hopes up. XP

alstein

Any GAF members have the patch? Is online any better?

The one report I heard was that a 1 bar match felt like a 2 bar match. Also, you can now filter when hosting ranked matchs.

If 2 bar matches are like 3 bar matches I'll call this a success.
If 3 bar are like 4 bars a big success.

Grokbu

I'm in EU and got the update. Just played a random guy with three bars and it was pretty bad. I think that the delay was about as bad (maybe a bit better, can't remember) as when I play people in Sweden on my FL. It's just that this match had a bunch of slowdowns and "hiccups"/short freezes. I'm gonna try to play with other Swedes whom I've played with before and see how that holds up.

Also note that it's been a while since I played this online, so it's a bit hard to remember if it is better or worse now.

In other news, I just noticed that there are chibi KOF avatars on the EU PSN store. The Elisabeth one is too cute. ^^

I'm in EU and got the update. Just played a random guy with three bars and it was pretty bad. I think that the delay was about as bad (maybe a bit better, can't remember) as when I play people in Sweden on my FL. It's just that this match had a bunch of slowdowns and "hiccups"/short freezes. I'm gonna try to play with other Swedes whom I've played with before and see how that holds up.

Also note that it's been a while since I played this online, so it's a bit hard to remember if it is better or worse now.

In other news, I just noticed that there are chibi KOF avatars on the EU PSN store. The Elisabeth one is too cute. ^^

I see, thanks.

If you don't mind, could you post a quick speedtest.com result?

Grokbu

I see, thanks.

If you don't mind, could you post a quick speedtest.com result?
1740335078.png

And I feel like an idiot now, because I forgot to mention that I'm using Skype while playing at the moment. I have never noticed any problem while using it while playing before though, so I'm not sure if there'd be noticable difference.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1. Hit button to start recording action
2, Hit button to stop recording
3. Hit loop to have the dummy do the move over and over

Whats to hate? Pretty simple and straight forward.
Doesnt make any sense when you can assign a button to record and play.

1740379965.png

Just posting this because speedtest thread derails usually make me feel bad, but not this time.

Oh, I guess I hope the patch works well.

I bought all the DLC, but never played the game again after my online experience the first day.

Grokbu

I'm not sure what the problem is. A couple of weeks ago, I played this with a friend online and all of a sudden, our matches played a lot worse than they used to. We never used to have problems with slowdowns, but then suddenly, we did.

So I just tried to play with him now after the patch, and it played about the same as when we last played. Slowdowns and some delay.

I can't figure out why online suddenly got worse for me in this game so suddenly. I don't have any problems of this kind in other games... But anyway, maybe people should take my impressions with a pinch of salt.

And I feel like an idiot now, because I forgot to mention that I'm using Skype while playing at the moment. I have never noticed any problem while using it while playing before though, so I'm not sure if there'd be noticable difference.

Thanks again, I wonder if anyone with the patch can test if you can use Non-PS button controller/converters?

Here's mine result, from College. (Speed was a little better 10 minutes ago lol)

1740432994.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, Speedtest time? Nifty.

Looking forward to the patch, hoping the online is decent, since I've avoided it since day one due to how bad I'd heard it was.

Fersis

SNKPlaymore posted about the patch.. in superior japanese

Patch notes
Dunno what it says and google translate doesnt help at all.

The Professor to the rescue!
Mad Man Cafe Professor said:
The patch is only for PS3 at the moment. The Xbox360 will be getting it as well, but there's no solid date as of yet.

Rough translation of the List of changes
  • Ranked Match: You can now set your rooms so that players with low bars or low disconnects can't join in.
  • Custom Match: Your room and filter settings will be temporarily memorized by the game.
  • Connection Display: The Antenna's level display has been improved (I guess this means it won't lie like it used to)
  • Online Connection: The stability of online connection has been overall improved (Note that it says stability, not speed.)
  • Player Data: Fix(es) have been made to "Player Data" (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn't say.. probably the reset bug)
  • Replay: Fix(es) have been made to "Replay" (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn't say.. my guess is the delete bug: you deleted files on the 1st page no matter what you did.)
  • Misc: Some fixes have been made to "Customize", and also to issues caused with certain characters.

alstein

Not out in US yet. Guessing this afternoon, but I'll be playing SC for a while.

KOF might just have been one week too late on this patch for its online community.

Dream Cancel's impressions, so far, seem positive as well, there's still some contention to whether the netcode's been improved or not though.

Cautiously hyped.

BadWolf

Dream Cancel's impressions, so far, seem positive as well, there's still some contention to whether the netcode's been improved or not though.

Cautiously hyped.

Yeah, their impressions are very good so far. I am very hopeful, my experience so far hasn't been half bad and with the added filtering and stability it will be just right.

One impression on DC suggests that loading times have been improved between rounds.

Grokbu

Yeah, their impressions are very good so far. I am very hopeful, my experience so far hasn't been half bad and with the added filtering and stability it will be just right.

One impression on DC suggests that loading times have been improved between rounds.
Loading times between order select and match start has been improved as well. It's really fast now.

Top Bottom