• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Vaporizer

Banned
Once he has either an EX dragon or normal dragon connect in the corner he can do long combos which build bar. Putting him first is also a good idea, The Answer was talking about this in part 2 of the interview but that hasn't been uploaded. Maybe he gave away too much info for the French maybe heh. Watch for that Liz 91% it looks like a glitch he does it in the video somewhere.

i think i am going to start playing with billy now. Too many possibilities lol.

Also is it me or is there something incredibly alluring about a girl who plays KOF?

The only way I can stop that is to shift style and lame them out to make sure they can't land a comeback period, which is well, lame.

The other way is killing them in the same fashion before they kill you. Make every hit count. Whenever you're not making the most of each opening, that's your own fault. You think "fishers" are bad, try playing one of those types who basically hit confirm anything into massive damage. Those won't need to hoard meter blatantly mid-match because they're somehow always going to have it from hitting you so much.

(Yes, I got brutalized recently. Made my blocking a little better, at least.)

Also fireballs giving no meter is fine by me because Kensou and K' don't really need to get any better as is. XD

The other way is killing them in the same fashion before they kill you. Make every hit count. Whenever you're not making the most of each opening, that's your own fault. You think "fishers" are bad, try playing one of those types who basically hit confirm anything into massive damage. Those won't need to hoard meter blatantly mid-match because they're somehow always going to have it from hitting you so much.

Also fireballs giving no meter is fine by me because Kensou and K' don't really need to get any better as is. XD

funny to read this now, i was going to type something similar just now :D i get brutalized by players who seem to hit anything for big combos and HD, basically what you expect from top end players. it's pretty frustrating when you work your ass off and manage to lead the match, but then everything falls apart when they get that one combo in last round and you have no choice but to watch as your whole life bar disappears. today was especially bad, so i guess i have to work much harder myself.

alstein

funny to read this now, i was going to type something similar just now :D i get brutalized by players who seem to hit anything for big combos and HD, basically what you expect from top end players. it's pretty frustrating when you work your ass off and manage to lead the match, but then everything falls apart when they get that one combo in last round and you have no choice but to watch as your whole life bar disappears. today was especially bad, so i guess i have to work much harder myself.

My advice, as someone who runs into the same thing, is to lame then out so hard. Basically don't let them near you to get that hit in.

That only happens to me if I'm running into elite tourney champ-level players. Generally, I'm willing to sacrifice my damage to take it away from the opponent, I have faith in my abiity to win on pokes/light stuff vs others pokes/light stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Winners Final for KoF XIII starting now, Answer VS Mr. KoF
http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse

- Heh heh, Hardcore Mr. Karate showing from Fox. That was fun to watch.
- And he continues it! OUCH! Mr. Foxrate dominating. He has some great traps and tricks overall.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Quite welcome:)

I like the fact that Fox isn't afraid to go for those "easy" super cancels. He's landing so much damage, rather than using meters on GCCDs and GCRolls that lead to no damage / personal disadvantages...

Shen's with no meters are not nearly as threatening as one sitting on 4 stocks!

As much as I love Chin, I really prefer him as a first or mid, rather than a final. In comparision to others, I just don't feel he's as "game ender!" as others. Hm. But Fox had some Nice Chin when he got him working.

And wow, what an ending XD Won't say who as to not give it away for those who wanna watch later.

I think these fights were great examples of how much meter management matters in this KoF. Character order, as well. I could see a lot of these fights going differently if a Roll wasn't done here, or if a star character was placed as a 3rd, rather than a 1st...

Stream Chatters were yappin' about Answer's "Bias commentary", while Frio was playing coach for both teams, lol. Hard not to wanna root for ones friends, or ones country, so I can understand them both. Answer gave Fox well deserved props, though, so I think he did good overall.

Nice to see a tourney end so early, lol, An hour later, and I would have had to miss the finals... and I don't mind missing SSFIVAE, haha.

Shadow780

I have not fought a single Kensou yet.

It's almost all Shen/Kyo and somebody else.

At least I get to play 3 characters instead of KenKenKenKenKenKenKen

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I see a decent amount of Kensou's, but my brothers Kensou has trained me so well on him, that I don't see them for very long ;)

I actually fight very few Shen's. Matter of fact, I started to mess around with Shen, just to prepare me for when I DO fight him, lol. I swear he's one of the easiest characters in the game, just landing DAMAGE off EVERYTHING. Everything he has is SO good! XD

Flame Iori's, Kyo's of any flavor, and... I dunno, a lot of Terry's and oddball Clarks? I'm thankful I don't fight many solid Kula's, lol. She's my Kryptonite in this game, it seems... (actually, I could use the experience...)

feels like it's getting harder to find random people online, i have to rely more on my friendlist, but even then they have problems joining my rooms sometimes and vise versa. doesn't help that fake green bars are blocking ranked play, and you can't avoid them.

that's my online rant for the day.

alstein

feels like it's getting harder to find random people online, i have to rely more on my friendlist, but even then they have problems joining my rooms sometimes and vise versa. doesn't help that fake green bars are blocking ranked play, and you can't avoid them.

that's my online rant for the day.

I think SC5 and BBCSEX have eaten many of the non-dedicated players, and I've been working on those more myself. KOF's the one fighting game I see as a definite keeper, but I've been playing it less- despite having a major in 2 weeks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think SC5 and BBCSEX have eaten many of the non-dedicated players, and I've been working on those more myself. KOF's the one fighting game I see as a definite keeper, but I've been playing it less- despite having a major in 2 weeks.

This is what has happened to me...been playing SC5 and also just picked up BBCSEX, plus SFxTK is only a few weeks away. There's too much out!

Final Round should be pretty hype. With the other majors, there's only been either SoCal or East Coast domination because the other regions can't make it out. Final Round should be a good neutral ground in terms of regional presence. I just hope I'm actually able to go.

didn't even know the new BB was out already. SC instantly became popular on my FL. might give it a try at bomba price, but i doubt it will entertain me for long.

looks like they will focus on fighting games for the time being. not much new info besides that, unfortunately.

You know, it would be nice if better players would stop being such pompous assholes, take their free wins, and stop kicking me out of their rooms after a couple of matches.

Ranked is sucking more than usual.

Also, I might be getting a little better at the game. Still working on execution though.

You know, it would be nice if better players would stop being such pompous assholes, take their free wins, and stop kicking me out of their rooms after a couple of matches.

sounds like any other fighting game online.

play too good = get kicked after one game.

play poorly = get kicked after one game.

or they just play until they win one and kick you afterwards.

only choice is to sort the bad apples out and stick to the civilized people.

alstein

Ranked is sucking more than usual.

Also, I might be getting a little better at the game. Still working on execution though.

This is why I usually prefer to join rooms. If someone is truly boring me, I can just leave without having to kick. I'll usually give someone a couple of chances, in case they were sandbagging the first time or experimenting, or they just guessed wrong a ton of times (these things happen). I get kicked usually if I OCV someone.

Wish more folks were playing, but I don't think many are coming back now.

This is why I usually prefer to join rooms. If someone is truly boring me, I can just leave without having to kick. I'll usually give someone a couple of chances, in case they were sandbagging the first time or experimenting, or they just guessed wrong a ton of times (these things happen). I get kicked usually if I OCV someone.

Wish more folks were playing, but I don't think many are coming back now.

You would think that a decent player would stick around after a lesser player toughs out an OCV and immediately challenges you again, but I guess not. Than again,GGPO and this game are my only really extensive experiences online.

So, when are you (or anyone else who want to get games in the US) usually on? I live over in Oklahoma if that helps.

Apparently, over 100 entrants for KOF at Final Round. Only just online registration too.

alstein

You would think that a decent player would stick around after a lesser player toughs out an OCV and immediately challenges you again, but I guess not. Than again,GGPO and this game are my only really extensive experiences online.

So, when are you (or anyone else who want to get games in the US) usually on? I live over in Oklahoma if that helps.

Apparently, over 100 entrants for KOF at Final Round. Only just online registration too.

I'm on at weird times. Often early morning. I work weird hours so online play is pretty much all I can get, which is why I'm quitting the tourney scene after FR.

The thing, with an OCV, I can tell usually if someone got unlucky, or if I can just autopilot a win every time. Some players are just playing brainlessly, and well, that's no different then playing an AI. Those are the guys I don't want to play.

My PSN is ArchdukeAlstein if you want to add me. KOF's the only game I'm entered at FR right now (I think I entered SC5 but I haven't played that in two weeks) I'm mostly going for the VF.

BadWolf

My PSN is ArchdukeAlstein if you want to add me. KOF's the only game I'm entered at FR right now (I think I entered SC5 but I haven't played that in two weeks) I'm mostly going for the VF.

Do you by any chance have this rather lame/turtle-esque style of play and color match your characters? B/c I think I've played you a few times.

Nyoro SF

Korean 3v3 Team Tournament: http://www.youtube.com/user/MADKoF13

good stuff.

What I got from the footage is that Yuri looks like kind of a dumb character. High-priority normals, guessing against her command grab, low-risk special moves and dive kick...

I mean it was weird to see Shen of all characters cowering because everything that he was sticking out air or ground was getting stuffed by Yuri.

I've never played a real competent Yuri, but if that's what they're like I can only imagine it to be frustrating.

Top Bottom