• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Voror

So I had been playing FC but had paused for some time. I'm wondering now if it might be better to just switch over to PC for Trails in the Sky since TC is coming soon there. Then once TC is out and I've completed that, move to the copies of CS I and II I have for Vita, and then up to CSIII on PS4 whenever that comes here.

Do I have that right? And would that probably be the best option when it comes to Sky?

Aeana

CS2 ends in a way that felt like it could have just been a lead-in to a new arc rather than a third game in the same arc. That's how I felt, anyway.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yay.

Augh.

More a cliffhanger in the veins of SC.
Where you know Estelle's and Joshua's story going to be about finding Renne+ all the other doors left open for story threads but in general I think CS II ends on a somewhat satisfying note.

Korigama

So I had been playing FC but had paused for some time. I'm wondering now if it might be better to just switch over to PC for Trails in the Sky since TC is coming soon there. Then once TC is out and I've completed that, move to the copies of CS I and II I have for Vita, and then up to CSIII on PS4 whenever that comes here.

Do I have that right? And would that probably be the best option when it comes to Sky?
It's possible to make sense of CS I and II since the Erebonia games were meant to ease in new players, but if you are interested in the Sky games, then playing those on PC would be best. You'll have plenty of time to play them in order before a localized CS III ever happens (though of course, Zero and Ao would still be missing).

Busaiku

So is it comparable to like Bravely Default (haven't played other Legend of Heroes games, only thing I can think of at the moment)?
That's fine with me if so.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hate everyone who can fluently read Japanese right now. Just letting you know.

Time to freeze myself until 2022. I expect this game in 2019 or so, if we get it, but I might as well assure I can play Death Stranding too when I get out of my cryostasis

Thoraxes

I don't know how you can sleep with that Chicken Roaster neon sign burning itself thorugh your eyelids.

Right-click and save.

Feels like it needs a logo.

I could add the logo. There was a transparancy image on the site. I just like the pure screens as far as desktops go.

Bladelord Loewe

Neo Member
C0GN8y3UQAAVvGt.jpg

My heart can't take this right now... this has been the worst year ever but also the best because I started to play this series.

I really hope it's not due to sales and more to do with legal loopholes. But let's face it, Cold Steel should have been on PC. It was really short sighted to make your entire series on the PC and then omit the latest entry just because. Like Ken says, never say never.

It's going to be 2017 and Ys Origin is coming to PS4.

Psxphile

damn son here we are reveling in sen iii news and you drop a bomb like that, lol

Seriously though, it's always looked iffy but that's just because of the Ao situation. I guess that just means they still haven't found a way to deal with it yet.

Well, guess that's that.

After the 3rd comes out, I guess I'll bite the bullet on the Evolution versions. Only real chance I feel I have of adequately following the stories in those games.

Vamphuntr

Your best bet for Ao/Zero is that Falcom makes PS4 ports. They can't touch and probably wouldn't touch the Vita versions and the PC versions are from a Chinese company that might complicate things a bit. Trails SC seems to have spectacularly bombed as well. Otherwise you have to hope they will have the patience and motivation to do it as a side pet project slowly over the years.

I'm not taking that e-mail as a confirmation of anything. Assuming things go better for XSEED with Trails on PC (i.e. FC's playerbase expands enough to increase sales momentum for SC and 3rd), they can commission a new PC port of Ao no Kiseki as part of their recent PC port project. This would let them start working on the Japanese PC version of Zero ofc. Nothing's set in stone, and I think it'll be a while before Zero/Ao get localized, but XSEED's doing well at the moment.

Ken likely just doesn't want to get hopes up unrealistically. It's either that or maybe Little King's Story on PC has gotten to him, lol.

Bladelord Loewe

Neo Member
True that, but this is a wake up call for sure. A lot of people are still not even aware this series even exists. Being on outdated hardware like PS3 and Vita does not help it at all but I am still eternally grateful to the team that they even brought over those 4 behemoth sized games under their belt in just under 2 years. Insanity my friends.

For now just spreading word of the series is really all anyone can do, after 5 years of my friend pestering me to play, even I played it.

TR_

Wow, they really polished the graphics and it looks sharp. Hopefully, they won't adding too many new characters. The old cast already didn't do much in the story so I'm hoping they'll keep it to a manageable level. I'm still hoping that Lloyd or Estelle would be the other main protagonist of the story since they're more personality than Rean.

Wow, they really polished the graphics and it looks sharp. Hopefully, they won't adding too many new characters. The old cast already didn't do much in the story so I'm hoping they'll keep it to a manageable level. I'm still hoping that Lloyd or Estelle would be the other main protagonist of the story since they're more personality than Rean.

I'm not necessarily assuming that we will be seeing everyone from CS2 back. A number of party members had their stories left in such a way that they might not necessarily be picked up again in Erebonia, but in some future arc in a different country if need be.

Sen 2 leaves alot of things hanging, but it pretty conclusively ended Class 7's story.

I think they all should make an appearance, and maybe even be playable at points. but not all of them should be along for the adventure again. or even most of them.

I personally love the idea of
the game focusing on a "new Class 7", with Rean as their instructor
and really hope that turns out to be the case.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll still play it, like an alcoholic scrambling for the cheapest booze he can find.

infact i have an interesting question for you guys
would you rather
Never play the crossbell games at all(assume learning japanese or xseed localizations wont happen)
or play using a fan translation
im legit curious

Moonlight

Banned
I don't really mind the idea of the party focusing on 'a new Class VII' but I do hope that at the very least we'll be seeing most of Class VII somehow.

Although I guess I don't really care either way about seeing Machias. It'd be like, hey guys! I'm still
in school learning how to be a government official
?

would you rather
Never play the crossbell games at all(assume learning japanese or xseed localizations wont happen)
im legit curious
If the fan translation were somewhat competently edited, I'd go for that. If it were on the level of the screen just posted, nah. I'd be fine with any alternative presented to me assuming it's worst offense is being dryly translated. And if XSEED ever does localize it, then I'd still be excited, because I'd still be interested in playing the game and reading a professional localization, but knowing the characters and the plot ASAP is more important to me.

im gonna assume Mr. doesnt need to be there and will just be Wolves
and time instead of going
i mean cmon its a fan translation but their not retarded

Mr. I think is translating the honorific. Wolves probably shouldn't be plural though. Pretty sure she's referring to a specific character in that scene.

duckroll

I'll still play it, like an alcoholic scrambling for the cheapest booze he can find.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1326384

:(

would you rather
im legit curious

I'm just going to buy the Evo versions next year and play on my Vita. :p

I don't really mind the idea of the party focusing on 'a new Class VII' but I do hope that at the very least we'll be seeing most of Class VII somehow.

Although I guess I don't really care either way about seeing Machias. It'd be like, hey guys! I'm still
in school learning how to be a government official
?

like i said someone like Emma and Laura is feasible cause obvious reasons, but Jusis and Machias have shit they need to do so they can stay where they are
Gaius should be doable as well, all hes doing is painting

Young Magus

kBVgFEX.gif

Never say Never tho, we did get SC after all.

I got faith in XSEED

I guess it was wise for me to dive in to Zero and Ao JP... I suppose it's a barrier that can never be overcome.

Yea,
getting over the
language
barrier in games reminds one of my 2k16 highs.

Just get...

over the barrier.

*puts on sunglasses*
YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Have you guys taken a look at the screens?

Mr. Wolves? A hard going? What does that even MEAN!?

piI8k8y.gif

Top Bottom