• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Maybe it's just me or maybe it is because I did Pitioss in FFXV right befor starting this game, but I absolutely hate the controls. I can't get used to them it seems. They feel slow and sluggish and often pressing something will result in something else than I had planned. I really wanna like the game, but I'm not having fun with it, only frustration. I love the graphics and Trico is the cutest thing ever. I want to know the story and lore, I don't mind the puzzles and exploring, figuring out what to do etc, but when letting go of a rope to hang onto to a ledge seems impossible it's just not fun.
Also, there are some weird things going on. Suddenly Trico will be in a room with me and I haven't seem him enter, and there is also no obvious way for him to get in, but suddenly he is there. Other times I have to open doors for him.

I'm currently at a place where
I have to push this rope with a metal bit at the bottom of it, then hang onto to and let go so I can get up to where one of those painted glass eyes are. I just can't do it. I must be stupid but I have no idea how to get it to work. I let go of the rope and the boy just falls to the ground. There is no way to jump from the rope that I can figure out.
Any useful tips for a frustrated player?

You have to reorient the camera to properly jump from ropes. Basically set the camera so its got the boy on one side of the screen and the area you're trying to jump to on the other side of the screen and you should be able to have the boy reach out towards the platform to signal he's ready to jump. At least I'm assuming that's the issue but I'm not sure exactly what part you're at.

As the controls, treat them like a modern GTA game. Its all physics driven and reactive to the environment and you're playing a little boy and not Nathan Drake. Running through a rubble strewn area will slow the boy down and require his animations to take into account all the crazy geometry.

Fireblend

Banned
Maybe it's just me or maybe it is because I did Pitioss in FFXV right befor starting this game, but I absolutely hate the controls. I can't get used to them it seems. They feel slow and sluggish and often pressing something will result in something else than I had planned. I really wanna like the game, but I'm not having fun with it, only frustration. I love the graphics and Trico is the cutest thing ever. I want to know the story and lore, I don't mind the puzzles and exploring, figuring out what to do etc, but when letting go of a rope to hang onto to a ledge seems impossible it's just not fun.
Also, there are some weird things going on. Suddenly Trico will be in a room with me and I haven't seem him enter, and there is also no obvious way for him to get in, but suddenly he is there. Other times I have to open doors for him.

I have to push this rope with a metal bit at the bottom of it, then hang onto to and let go so I can get up to where one of those painted glass eyes are. I just can't do it. I must be stupid but I have no idea how to get it to work. I let go of the rope and the boy just falls to the ground. There is no way to jump from the rope that I can figure out.

I can't say much about the controls because it's a pretty subjective thing -I personally love them - they seem appropriate for a child that doesn't have the same dexterity as Noctis obviously does and is pretty much defenseless :p it kind of helps immersion for me, it just doesn't translate as "lag" for me but as the actual capacity of movement of the character. He stumbles in uneven terrain and is generally slow to react, having to actually reorient himself if he shifts direction suddenly, prepare for a jump, etc.

The Trico thing is weird, I've never seen him move in an illogical way, much less teleport - he's always around and the camera actually loves focusing on him whenever I call him or give him commands. I wonder if Trico teleporting is even possible as I've been observing him closely throughout my playthrough and I've never seen anything like that. I did ask myself how he made it past some doors a couple of times because I expected I had to open them for him, but then I realize he flew through a hole above that I hadn't seen or something like that. Pretty sure he doesn't teleport like say, Chocobos do in FFXV which I found pretty grating sometimes.

As for the part you're stuck on, just grab onto the metal bit and push it forward, the kid will auto-grab the chain, then point towards the support where the glass eye is and press triangle. Make sure the kid is in his "reaching out" posture, indicating that's where he'll jump. Not sure what you could be doing wrong, it worked the first time for me.

Edit: Not trashing FFXV, I liked it. Just using it as a comparison :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

1) Pay more attention to the game. Holdibg L1 focuses the camera on Trico. He doesnt just teleport around when you're not looking, he physically travels to get to where he is. Sometimes he'll jump over stuff you didnt think was possible. If you mean that first area when you get to give him commands, the gate is a dogdoor type of thing that opens one way to let him in but not back out.

2) No idea which area you're stuck on. Try giving more info or a screenshot so we can help you out?

Edit: Im not blaming you for missing details, theres no cutscenes or QTEs to focus on the details which can make it easy to miss certain things while you're off exploring since everything happens dynamically in game.

Meliora

You have to reorient the camera to properly jump from ropes. Basically set the camera so its got the boy on one side of the screen and the area you're trying to jump to on the other side of the screen and you should be able to have the boy reach out towards the platform to signal he's ready to jump. At least I'm assuming that's the issue but I'm not sure exactly what part you're at.

As the controls, treat them like a modern GTA game. Its all physics driven and reactive to the environment and you're playing a little boy and not Nathan Drake. Running through a rubble strewn area will slow the boy down and require his animations to take into account all the crazy geometry.

I can't say much about the controls because it's a pretty subjective thing -I personally love them - they seem appropriate for a child that doesn't have the same dexterity as Noctis obviously does and is pretty much defenseless :p it kind of helps immersion for me, it just doesn't translate as "lag" for me but as the actual capacity of movement of the character. He stumbles in uneven terrain and is generally slow to react, having to actually reorient himself if he shifts direction suddenly, prepare for a jump, etc.

The Trico thing is weird, I've never seen him move in an illogical way, much less teleport - he's always around and the camera actually loves focusing on him whenever I call him or give him commands. I wonder if Trico teleporting is even possible as I've been observing him closely throughout my playthrough and I've never seen anything like that. I did ask myself how he made it past some doors a couple of times because I expected I had to open them for him, but then I realize he flew through a hole above that I hadn't seen or something like that. Pretty sure he doesn't teleport like say, Chocobos do in FFXV which I found pretty grating sometimes.

As for the part you're stuck on, just grab onto the metal bit and push it forward, the kid will auto-grab the chain, then point towards the support where the glass eye is and press triangle. Make sure the kid is in his "reaching out" posture, indicating that's where he'll jump. Not sure what you could be doing wrong, it worked the first time for me.

Edit: Not trashing FFXV, I liked it. Just using it as a comparison :p

1) Pay more attention to the game. Holdibg L1 focuses the camera on Trico. He doesnt just teleport around when you're not looking, he physically travels to get to where he is. Sometimes he'll jump over stuff you didnt think was possible. If you mean that first area when you get to give him commands, the gate is a dogdoor type of thing that opens one way to let him in but not back out.

2) No idea which area you're stuck on. Try giving more info or a screenshot so we can help you out?

Edit: Im not blaming you for missing details, theres no cutscenes or QTEs to focus on the details which can make it easy to miss certain things while you're off exploring since everything happens dynamically in game.

Thanks, I wont give up, just felt very frustrated for a moment haha. And sure it makes sense he is a bit clumsy and all (and maybe I am too when it comes to these controls), but it seems like it takes him an awful long time to simply let go of an edge at times. And sometimes just climbing on top of Trico he will start climbing in the wrong direction. Maybe I just need to get a better control of that camera, it sounds like a lot of the issues I'm having might be related to that!
I was quite frustrated with Noctis and his controls too in Pitioss, so maybe I should have just taken a break before going straight to this game. Pitioss was truly a test in patience and frustration and I think I need to rebuild my patience reservoir :p

Fireblend got the place I'm at, I've tried triangle but I will try again. I absolutely love the art direction for this, the setting, the beast, the voices, everything. Just frustrated with the controls! I also hear the ending is very good so I will definitely finish it.

As for Trico teleporting. There's probably places where I missed him moving around, becuase there's a lot of pretty things to look at in this game, but there have been places where he seems to get to places too fast. Like he is behind me, I turn around to look for him and he is gone so I turn right back and he is in front of me in the next room and I didn't even hear him landing or walking or anything. I do try to pay attention to him because his animations are so lifelike. I love animals in general and they really captured quite a few in him I think.

Anyway, thanks for all the tips, I will give it another go tomorrow!

So given 2012 saw the move from PS3 to PS4, and the released game using Havok physics engine, and Ueda and team leaving, is it safe to say that the game development engine-wise was pretty much restarted from scratch?

So given 2012 saw the move from PS3 to PS4, and the released game using Havok physics engine, and Ueda and team leaving, is it safe to say that the game development engine-wise was pretty much restarted from scratch?

I guess it depends where you draw the line as far as engine. If you go back to the trailers pre-hiatus the animation system, as well as Trico's animations are damn near 1:1. It is impressive really. They had that worked out from the start. And the climbing system is very similar to SotC's except for some obvious tweaks and changes.

I've mentioned it before but I think the missing link in terms of tech is that when TLG went dark Japan Studio worked on other projects, namely Bloodborne. The extent of their involvement in Bloodborne is unclear but I think you can see some obvious carry over in solutions to specific tech problems such as linear-open world streaming as FROM does in their games.

I think TLG in terms of its core loop has been figured out for a long time, but stuff like the world construction and how it is connected has been more in flux. Again if you go back to the original trailers the wideshots of the world are unrecognizable. It is relatively flat. No towers, no verticality, definitely no giant white tower as a center fixture.

I'm kind of stuck.

I'm in a long room doors locked at both ends, I need to pull a lever to open one of the doors for Trico but there are six of those robot things standing right near it that activate when I go near them. Under the walkway is a lower level that I assume I'm supposed to use by getting the robots to the opposite end of the room, go underneath, get back up nearest end to the level and pull it before they reach me. Except by the time I've got back up on to the main walkway level they're already right in front of me waiting shooting their blue magic or whatever. I jump in to their waiting arms or off the edge to my death to try it all again.

Any clues?

edit - never mind, I tried again and they didn't notice me go back underneath this time. Every other time I've tried they were just waiting for me as I got back up.

Love the game, but I can see some areas people would get frustrated, Trico sometimes takes a long time to really respond to what you want him to do, got stuck a few times but figured it out, some puzzles are clever.

Overall an amazing experience with a few flaws. Flawed masterpiece is a good way to describe this I think.

I'm kind of stuck.

I'm in a long room doors locked at both ends, I need to pull a lever to open one of the doors for Trico but there are six of those robot things standing right near it that activate when I go near them. Under the walkway is a lower level that I assume I'm supposed to use by getting the robots to the opposite end of the room, go underneath, get back up nearest end to the level and pull it before they reach me. Except by the time I've got back up on to the main walkway level they're already right in front of me waiting shooting their blue magic or whatever. I jump in to their waiting arms or off the edge to my death to try it all again.

Any clues?

Time climbing up from the underneath path so they are not looking when you start to run to the chain. The window to pull the chain is wide enough that you can open the door before they go alert. If you do alert them by accident you can run from one end of the room to the other to buy some time and pull the chain a bit each pass but this is obviously the less ideal way to do it.

I guess it depends where you draw the line as far as engine. If you go back to the trailers pre-hiatus the animation system, as well as Trico's animations are damn near 1:1. It is impressive really. They had that worked out from the start. And the climbing system is very similar to SotC's except for some obvious tweaks and changes.

I've mentioned it before but I think the missing link in terms of tech is that when TLG went dark Japan Studio worked on other projects, namely Bloodborne. The extent of their involvement in Bloodborne is unclear but I think you can see some obvious carry over in solutions to specific tech problems such as linear-open world streaming as FROM does in their games.

I think TLG in terms of its core loop has been figured out for a long time, but stuff like the world construction and how it is connected has been more in flux. Again if you go back to the original trailers the wideshots of the world are unrecognizable. It is relatively flat. No towers, no verticality, definitely no giant white tower as a center fixture.
Nice! Thanks. I agree

I'm kind of stuck.

Any clues?

edit - never mind, I tried again and they didn't notice me go back underneath this time. Every other time I've tried they were just waiting for me as I got back up.
There's a way of disabling those guys. I never figured it out during my play through, but it would have saved me some hassle! Maybe figure that out now for the rest of your play through?

There's a way of disabling those guys. I never figured it out during my play through, but it would have saved me some hassle! Maybe figure that out now for the rest of your play through?

Really? I was wondering that when I played, I could not figure it out, I just let Trico kill them or knock them down and I ripped their heads off.

That would be useful! I'll look in to it.

Just had an amusing silly physics moment just after this previous part and the whole wind charm part where Trico is hungry. I found the barrel, got it up to where he is, put in front of him but he wouldn't eat it, so I tried throwing it at him. The barrel hit him on the nose and then went byes-byes in to the floor, Tricos face is halfway through the geometry of the floor looking for it but it was gone I suppose - time to restart this section!

I can really only take this game in 1 hour bursts, I've had my fill of the mushy camera and frustrating controls by then. The feels are nice and the views are pretty, but as time passes I start to feel bogged down with having fight against its shortcomings and it starts to impede on my enjoyment. I'm quite glad this game is relatively short tbh. I can see me enjoying a second playthrough more once I know what to do in each set piece and can just go through the motions.

Frillen

A great and gripping game. Absolutely perfect ending. But man, controls, camera and commanding Trico around pushes this from fantastic territory to great territory. I probably spent 1-2 hours in the game just waiting for Trico to respond to my commands.

GLAMr

The only thing I didn't get about the plot:
if Trico was one of the beasts bringing the nest "food," why did the armor suits imprison him when he fell out of the sky? I was under the impression that the armor suits were meant to be guards of the place.

My take:
The horns seem to be linked to the control of the Tricos. When those control mechanisms activate, Trico's horns glow and pulse. When his horns broke in the fall, the guardians knew he would have free will so they chained him until his horns grew back.

Fireblend

Banned
Just stopped playing after
Trico flies from the tower ambush. Man, that cutscene showing how Trico ended up chained in the first place was beautiful.

I feel like I'm close to finishing the game and I'm surprised at how I don't really want it to end, I feel like I could continue playing it like I've been in 2-3 hour sessions for weeks and not get bored or tired :p but I guess this masterpiece has to come to an end. It will absolutely stay with me for a long while; I'm almost excited at the idea of replaying it some months from now. I'll see if I can finish it this weekend in preparation for GR2.

Trico flies from the tower ambush. Man, that cutscene showing how Trico ended up chained in the first place was beautiful.

I feel like I'm close to finishing the game and I'm surprised at how I don't really want it to end, I feel like I could continue playing it like I've been in 2-3 hour sessions for weeks and not get bored or tired :p but I guess this masterpiece has to come to an end. It will absolutely stay with me for a long while; I'm almost excited at the idea of replaying it some months from now. I'll see if I can finish it this weekend in preparation for GR2.

The pacing is masterful.

HStallion

You still have a couple hours.

gfxtwin

So After playing through multiple times to visit my buddy Trico, I think I've figured it out and maybe proved that...y'know all those reviews with strong critiques of Trico being so unresponsive to commands that it grinds the game to a halt and causes tons of unnecessary frustration (*coughJimSterlingcough)? Yeah, that's seems to be their problem.

Two playthroughs and I had him trained (he was also responsive on my first go, but I knew why during the second). It really is like training a pet in the sense that you have to take cues from Trico to interpret how/if it is reacting to what you're command is. Of course the game doesn't tell you this at all, you have to discover it on your own (or keep reading my post), but when you do it makes things go smoothly.

If you spam commands, he'll throw a fit. If you wait too long to issue a command the second time, he might get distracted by god knows what and not listen to you, etc. But there definitely seems to be a method to the madness. For anyone who hasn't gotten it down yet, climb onto Trico's back and issue the command when he's perched somewhere and won't budge, or won't jump up to another area, won't dive, etc.

At some point (almost immediately every time, but not like clockwork) he will turn around and look at you. In other words he's now attentive. Issue the command while he's doing that and, for me, like 8/10 times he immediately knows what you're saying and will follow through. Also, the one command you really need to use (for the most part) is pointing him in a direction. That's basically it as far as getting through the game (you can of course still make him jump and sit and catch barrel treats, etc).

I'm linking a long clip from my most recent playthrough in this post for anyone with 4 hours to kill. Or just watch the games most infamous moments (the colosseum wheel/seesaw scene, the water puzzles where you need him to dive, etc). You'll notice he responds immediately and the camera is seldomly wonk , it freaks out almost never, and most of the fuck-ups are the basic "missing a jump" or "falling off a ledge" platforming mistakes. So to anyone struggling with getting Trico to respond, just know that my Trico is so well trained he could win first prize at the Trico show, and yours can too.

Cliffnotes:

- You can train your Trico. If he is taking forever to do what you say you're either doing it wrong or encountered a rare glitch
- Most of the time all you need to do is climb on his back, point him in the right direction, wait until he's attentive and repeat
- It really feels like you're training him, which makes the bond feel more genuine
- I uploaded a playthrough via an attempt to record gameplay (sorry about the game not being fullscreen, didn't know how to disable that)
- Watch it all to get a sense of how you can play TLG with few of the issues critics are holding against it (although, yes, the camera could be improved and some of the puzzles are whack and there are some glitches). Or just jump to the moments that have the most complaints and watch me breeze through most of them. Or just shrug a fuck off and ignore this post, but in the end I think I've managed to prove that one of the most vocal critiques of TLG is BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcfA_K8R-m4

gfxtwin

Brehs, do I keep this Collector's Edition (haven't had time to open it) or return it and grab a regular copy?

What do?

It was pretty well received among those who bought one. It could potentially be more of a collector's item later considering how this game kinda flew under the radar in regards to sales. And Ueda games always have so far become more beloved over time (Ico on the PS2 went for quite a bit of money at one point). There's definitely a chance it could appreciate in value over time.

Unknown?

So After playing through multiple times to visit my buddy Trico, I think I've figured it out and maybe proved that...y'know all those reviews with strong critiques of Trico being so unresponsive to commands that it grinds the game to a halt and causes tons of unnecessary frustration (*coughJimSterlingcough)? Yeah, that's seems to be their problem. Two playthroughs and I had him trained (he was also responsive on my first go, but I knew why during the second). It really is like training a pet in the sense that you have to take cues from Trico to interpret how/if it is reacting to what you're command is. Of course the game doesn't tell you this at all, you have to discover it on your own (or keep reading my post), but when you do it makes things go smoothly.

If you spam commands, he'll throw a fit. If you wait too long to issue a command the second time, he might get distracted by god knows what and not listen to you, etc. But there definitely seems to be a method to the madness. For anyone who hasn't gotten it down yet, climb onto Trico's back and issue the command when he's perched somewhere and won't budge, or won't jump up to another area, won't dive, etc. At some point (almost immediately every time, but not like clockwork) he will turn around and look at you. In other words he's now attentive. Issue the command while he's doing that and, for me, like 8/10 times he immediately knows what you're saying and will follow through. And also, the one command you really need to use (for the most part) is pointing him in a direction. That's basically it as far as getting through the game (you can of course still make him jump and sit and catch barrel treats, etc). I'm linking a long clip from my most recent playthrough in this post for anyone with 4 hours to kill. Or just watch the games most infamous moments (the colosseum wheel/seesaw scene, the water puzzles where you need him to dive, etc). You'll notice he responds immediately and the camera is seldomly wonk , it freaks out almost never, and most of the fuck-ups are the basic "missing a jump" or "falling off a ledge" platforming mistakes. So to anyone struggling with getting Trico to respond, just know that my Trico is so well trained he could win first prize at the Trico show, and yours can too.

Cliffnotes:

- You can train your Trico. If he is taking forever to do what you say you're either doing it wrong or encountered a rare glitch
- Most of the time all you need to do is climb on his back, point him in the right direction, wait until he's attentive and repeat
- It really feels like you're training him, which makes the bond feel more genuine
- I uploaded a playthrough via an attempt to record gameplay (sorry about the game not being fullscreen, didn't know how to disable that)
- Watch it all to get a sense of how you can play TLG with few of the issues critics are holding against it (although, yes, the camera could be improved and some of the puzzles are whack and there are some glitches). Or just jump to the moments that have the most complaints and watch me breeze through most of them. Or just shrug a fuck off and ignore this post, but in the end I think I've managed to prove that one of the most vocal critiques of TLG is BS.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcfA_K8R-m4

I don't know man. Trico was NEVER unresponsive for me, not even once. Before I played I was a little worried from those negatives (idk why 98% of reviews were positive) but now I'm glad that they didn't dissuade me from getting it. The only time Trico didn't do what I wanted was when I stupidly told him to go somewhere I thought was the way forward but wasn't even close to the way to go. That didn't happen much because I can generally figure out what needs to be done quickly. I feel like the people who have problems with Trico are more just not understanding the concept or the way to go. Also bugs.

Anyway this is my favorite PS4 game so far. Really fantastic! Looks great too on the Pro.

I haven't sat down to play a game to completion since Dark Souls. TLG was my original reason I bought a PS4...

TLG has awoken my inner gamer.

Just finished this masterpiece last night. I think it is better than ICO but gameplay wise not as good as SoTC.

I teared up twice. Definitely gonna save this game for my (future) kids to play.

Worth the wait.

Thanks Ueda San!

I'm ready to attack my backlog now thanks to TLG!

Up next: Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3!

I haven't sat down to play a game to completion since Dark Souls. TLG was my original reason I bought a PS4...

TLG has awoken my inner gamer.

Just finished this masterpiece last night. I think it is better than ICO but gameplay wise not as good as SoTC.

I teared up twice. Definitely gonna save this game for my (future) kids to play.

Worth the wait.

Thanks Ueda San!

I'm ready to attack my backlog now thanks to TLG!

Up next: Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3!

You could just jump to Bloodborne if you want another masterpiece :D. Dark Souls 2 is nice but may introduce deadly series fatigue before you even touch BB. :O

hope

Banned
This is the Game of the Generation for me till now. Such a simple game and its such a Marvel. There are so many great moments in the game, the little details which ND has in their game to create more immersive experience is done 10x times here and the impact is even more, Trico is a revelation man. The most realistic thing in gaming for me. The Boy is so well done. His Animations and voice variation is Masterclass. The Set Pieces are unique coz of Trico. Platforming is nailed. Puzzles are clever and engaging but not frustrating.

Zero problems with camera and frame rate and had no problems guiding trico. This all blown out of proportions i think. Not a hindarance at all.

The Ending just elevates everything. Phenomenonal game. Ueda San is a Genius. No Words to describe this Masterpiece.

I an glad this wasnt cancelled. Thank you Sony. Thank you gen Design. You have created history with this. Masterpiece of an Art.

pilboy

Neo Member
Any useful tips for a frustrated player?[/QUOTE]

If it's the place I'm thinking of, you have to hold the end of the rope and run to the edge so that your momentum carries you across the room.

Smellycat

If it's the place I'm thinking of, you have to hold the end of the rope and run to the edge so that your momentum carries you across the room.[/QUOTE]

pull the rope back as far as you can, then starting running while holding on to it and the momentum should carry you close to the cart tracks. While the chain is moving, climb up then hold the left stick towards the tracks and the boy should make the motion that he is reaching out to jump, then press triangle

Edit: I didn't realize I was replying to the reply lol

mellow

Yep, definitely can't listen to the Epilogue. 😭

I'm still listening to the OST almost daily, it's so good and the game would definitely not be the same without it, epilogue is my favorite

I'd never heard of Takeshi Furukawa before but I hope he works on more games in the future

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I started this game yesterday and today stopped around those areas
filled up of huge underwater caverns you have to swim through with Trico
. Honestly this might become my favorite Ueda game. If anything it's super polished, smooth and artistically complete. A polished formula that took a decade to reach it's max height and I'm glad I finally got to play this long waited title now.

I started this game yesterday and today stopped around those areas
filled up of huge underwater caverns you have to swim through with Trico
. Honestly this might become my favorite Ueda game. If anything it's super polished, smooth and artistically complete. A polished formula that took a decade to reach it's max height and I'm glad I finally got to play this long waited title now.

I feel like people are gonna jump on this. Are you playing on a Pro? I love the game - it's my game of two generations - but it's anything but polished in terms of camera, framerate and some animation jank in the boy.

The fact that it is a two-tiered experience - stable framerate on Pro and generally not great on base PS4 - really bugs me too. That's exactly what Sony said wouldn't happen.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm playing on a Slim and maybe it's my experience with less-than-great PCs, but I don't mind the occasional FPS drop one bit. Guess people have different tolerance bars for that stuff, but yeah I sure hope this doesn't become par for the course with the slim. I don't wanna have to upgrade :p

HStallion

I feel like people are gonna jump on this. Are you playing on a Pro? I love the game - it's my game of two generations - but it's anything but polished in terms of camera, framerate and some animation jank in the boy.

The fact that it is a two-tiered experience - stable framerate on Pro and generally not great on base PS4 - really bugs me too. That's exactly what Sony said wouldn't happen.

Before the final late delay The Last Guardian would have launched before the PS4 Pro was released and thus would not be required to get a Pro patch. It may very well never have even gotten one if that had remained the case.

This part where you're in the water and have to grab his tail is TERRIBLE. Easily the most frustrating part yet.

After about 10 minutes of calling him, his tail comes down, I grab it and climb the physics of the wood knock me back in to the water and his tail is somehow looped resting on the wood. A few minutes of this and the voice over tells me we've both escaped as I clung on to him! What a fucking joke! The physics of the world borked the dialogue. This is worse than the barrel falling through the world I had earlier.

This game's fun/frustration ratio of this game is really testing my patience.

Unknown?

This is the Game of the Generation for me till now. Such a simple game and its such a Marvel. There are so many great moments in the game, the little details which ND has in their game to create more immersive experience is done 10x times here and the impact is even more, Trico is a revelation man. The most realistic thing in gaming for me. The Boy is so well done. His Animations and voice variation is Masterclass. The Set Pieces are unique coz of Trico. Platforming is nailed. Puzzles are clever and engaging but not frustrating.

Zero problems with camera and frame rate and had no problems guiding trico. This all blown out of proportions i think. Not a hindarance at all.

The Ending just elevates everything. Phenomenonal game. Ueda San is a Genius. No Words to describe this Masterpiece.

I an glad this wasnt cancelled. Thank you Sony. Thank you gen Design. You have created history with this. Masterpiece of an Art.
100% agreed! The camera had a few hinky spots for me but never remained a problem for more than a few seconds. I was really surprised at how good this was!

I don't get the controls complaints, game controls fine for me? What am I missing? Sometimes the camera is less the ideal but not bad. Vince on IGN said it was the worst controls/camera he has ever seen...I don't get it.

Pro releasing is not going to make all games on base ps4 run well, with or without pro game would have frame issues on ps4. has zero to do with the pro.

This part where you're in the water and have to grab his tail is TERRIBLE. Easily the most frustrating part yet.

After about 10 minutes of calling him, his tail comes down, I grab it and climb the physics of the wood knock me back in to the water and his tail is somehow looped resting on the wood. A few minutes of this and the voice over tells me we've both escaped as I clung on to him! What a fucking joke! The physics of the world borked the dialogue. This is worse than the barrel falling through the world I had earlier.

This game's fun/frustration ratio of this game is really testing my patience.

Just move the box over further and he will move, causing planks to break and fall, it's easy. He will follow where the box is.

Just move the box over further and he will move, causing planks to break and fall, it's easy. He will follow where the box is.

uh, no, it's not easy. might've been easy for you, but for many of us, even having done what you suggest, it was still a seriously frustrating sequence :( ...

Top Bottom