• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

Sure is!

CzC2swhVQAEHYc6.jpg

Is this what I think it is?

Adryuu

Post above your onto something and youll know what to do by your second playthrough ;)

Talk about my post? I don't have the game anymore for a long time I guess, so I'd like to know, if just a little, about these things. And see something. And if it's cool enough I may do my second playthrough sooner rather than later.

PlayerOne

Banned
My only problem with the game is that the way the rooms are designed, there are a lot of "false paths". I seem to spend a lot of time trying to reach a ledge, a door, or a path that - after much trial and error - I find that I'm not supposed to reach. There was one wooden stairway leading up a cliffside and to a door that I spent nearly thirty minutes trying to navigate. Turns out that wasn't where I was supposed to go at all. This seems to happen a lot in the game.

Not that I'm asking for Uncharted-style glowing ledges or anything.

As they should be? I miss these kinds of stuff, really. It will feel way more video game-y if everything is blocked and they all lead to this one path a la Uncharted.

That was the same thing with ICO. Just because there is a space does not mean you need to go there. It is there the same way wherever you go there is space. I'd rather have that than have everything blocked off by barrels or sacks of sand or anything.

It's just what it is. It's a space, and nothing else. I do not know why you'd have to have a reward for going there.

Plum

*throws hands up in the air*

Well. I've bought myself a PS4 Pro just to play this. TLG is something I've been waiting for for so long that I just can't happily play the low-FPS base PS4 version. Congratulations, Sony!

Nah but seriously I would have bought a Pro one day or another so might as well do it now.

Lyonaz

Played for an hour so far and yep it totally is a Team ICO game.
Absolutely loving it, the animation, Trico, the boy, the music. It's all so beautiful.

post-63263-Happy-Endings-Elisha-Cuthbert-9NhL.gif

There's a second patch already?

I'm hoping the bulk of the frame rate problems will be ironed out by the time I play this bad boy on the 25th, but I'm not holding my breath.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've reset checkpoints and that seems to work. Hoping the patch I just downloaded helps.

That might have been your issue in the first place, the patches were said to fix certain bugs and AI issues and what not. I waited for all the patches to DL before playing and I've not had any bugs and Trico actually seems very responsive. I mean I get on his back sometimes and he starts completing the area without even prompting.

Mezoly

Fyi, there is a digital manual that explain the controls better than the game. It's early game spoilers only.
You could accesses it through playstation docs.

For instance, I saw someone here post that Trico stand still
when there are enemies. Holding R1 and hitting square will make him attack

Fyi, there is a digital manual that explain the controls better than the game. It's early game spoilers only.

Wow, that would have been helpful to know

The Lamp

That makes sense once you learn that Square means shove. But I still did not know that.

Psoelberg

This game! Here was the true GOTY that I've been waiting for.

7 years of waiting and can happily say that the reward is a true masterpiece. A truly next-gen experience. The level design. The storytelling. The AI. The atmosphere. Love it all!

Vaga

I can't stop petting Trico after a soldier fight or after a close shave platorming set piece.

It just warms my heart.

This game man

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Only about an hour in and it is amazing. I love the little details that Ueda's games always have.

My favorite so far has been
how you can wipe the blood away from Trico's feathers by petting him on the bloody spots from the initial spears.

brau

Only about an hour in and it is amazing. I love the little details that Ueda's games always have.

My favorite so far has been
how you can wipe the blood away from Trico's feathers by petting him on the bloody spots from the initial spears.

I did not know that. :O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Alright so I'm so afraid of entering this thread. FFXV has been taking a lot of my free time (along with RL-stuff) but I'm wondering something... SotC is one of my favorite games of all time. How does this stand in comparison to it? I really like ICO as well.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So does anyone know what triggers
Trico pooping
because there is a trophy tied to it and it just kind of happened at random. I'm guessing feeding it?

brau

Alright so I'm so afraid of entering this thread. FFXV has been taking a lot of my free time (along with RL-stuff) but I'm wondering something... SotC is one of my favorite games of all time. How does this stand in comparison to it? I really like ICO as well.

I am loving it just as much. But its also a very different game with a different pacing. Still a Ueda game, and its one that is crafted with detail and a lot of heart. I would recommend it Yoshi. :D

It's kind of a blend between the two, more on the side of ICO so far.

If you like both those games I cannot imagine you not enjoying this one.

A quick question about
issuing commands
for Trico

So triangle is for
jumping
Square is for
attacking

But I haven't been able to figure out what X and Circle do yet :(
Loving the game so far BTW

brau

A quick question about
issuing commands
for Trico

So triangle is for
jumping
Square is for
attacking

But I haven't been able to figure out what X and Circle do yet :(
Loving the game so far BTW

When i press Circle next to a crate it will Stomp it. You can also press L1 for you to sit down and meditate and Trico will sit next to you. I also figured Circle would be for Trico to pull things. Like a chain or a rope. But i've had no need for it. The man says its basically mimicing you, so i just do the action i would do to get to where i want to go or interact with an object. Like leaning Trico to step up on a wall i use the Joystick to point in that direction.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just woke up and I'm hyped as fuuuuck to jump back in this later today! That's pretty much all on my mind at the moment lmao. That genDESIGN magic has me enchanted. Must be back for more. If I'm honest though, I don't want this journey to end. I know I was inching closer and closer to the end last night and my heart felt heavy.

I can't stop petting Trico after a soldier fight or after a close shave platorming set piece.

It just warms my heart.

This game man
Oh god yes, I pet Trico for a good full minute after every battle or crazy set piece. She's my baby.

As someone who loves and adores Team ICO games, I'm absolutely loving this game. Definitely check it out for yourself if you got the Pro, you'll be glad you did.

Is trico a she?

Yoshida called Trico a female in an interview, otherwise it's been pretty ambiguous.

Interestingly, they considered making the boy a girl but decided her village garb in a skirt would be troublesome with the gameplay/camera and that she would be weaker at climbing.

If you liked both Ico and SotC, you'll love it. For anyone else, if you liked SotC but didn't like Ico, then you might like it. If you liked Ico and not SotC, you'll probably like it.

If you didn't like either...hm, I don't know. They're hard to compare to other games.

So does anyone know what triggers
Trico pooping
because there is a trophy tied to it and it just kind of happened at random. I'm guessing feeding it?

I'm assuming it's standing idle for a long time as both times I had my controller down, it happened.

Dad

It's incredible the amount of work they put into designing all of Trico's actions. If you come out on a ledge above him and call out he looks around confused for a bit trying to find you

Top Bottom