• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

AmyS

Dear NeoGAF...

n4e76lL.jpg

uCT5LBe.jpg

kGQlj39.jpg

It's real.

JKTrix

How to train your chimera (from my own stream) https://streamable.com/vw89

Still trying to figure out the 'trick' to throwing barrels and having Trico catch it. Probably just a matter of distance and positioning. I got it a few times but more often than not it just bounces off of its face.

Skux

I made this before E3 2016...

Our Fumito, who art in Japan,
Hallowed be The Last Guardian.
Thy release come.
Thy game be done
On PS4, as it is on PS3.
Give us this day our announcement trailer,
And forgive us our GIFs,
As we forgive those who GIF against us.
Lead us not into anticipation,
But deliver us a street date.
For thine is the Ico,
The Shadow, and the Colossus,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

...prayers answered.

Played for about an hour. I'm at just after
calming Trico after he takes out the armor

This is fantastic so far. Trico looks and moves amazingly, the environments and architecture is compelling, and the boy is so charming with his loose arms and stumbling.

I really want this, and it looks beautiful but I have no tolerance for those terrible Ico controls and camera anymore. It isn't the PS2 era anymore. Should I just wait for a price drop?

Man, we've been waiting for so long for this and you want to wait a bit longer for a price drop, didn't you wait long enough to play this? lol

This game is so fucking beautiful so far. About 30 minutes in. Loving it.

This is the main reason I purchased a PRO. Game looks stunning on my 4K set.

shibbs

I can't believe it's released. There was a time I thought I was never going to play this.

So whats the verdict on the normal ps4 Version?

wapplew

When Trico take a peak at me with that innocence stare in the corner, my heart melt.
Please don't let anything bad happen to Trico, I can't take it.

How to train your chimera (from my own stream) https://streamable.com/vw89

Still trying to figure out the 'trick' to throwing barrels and having Trico catch it. Probably just a matter of distance and positioning. I got it a few times but more often than not it just bounces off of its face.

Huh, he seems to catch the ones I throw pretty well and I'm very early in the game. Right now I'm just letting the game sit and Trico is nuzzling the boy and he has to push him off haha

MCermak

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15944394&postcount=2654

Well, I was wrong about it the possibility of Trico changing into a rat elephant turtle thing by the end of development. Lol.

I can't believe it's finally here. I've been waiting for this, probably since the day I finished SOTC, which is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Is it possible to feel nostalgia for a new game? One you haven't even played yet?

We made it, gang.

My heart flutters every time Trico winds up and makes a huge jump in one majestic leap, and the music swells at the same time. Tremendous moments so far.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gotta say, the game creates an incredible illusion of Trico acting out like a living, sentient animal. Far moreso than I really expected and certainly well beyond what Ico and Colossus showed with its NPC allies and foes.

It's kind of uncanny just idly watching the thing animate and curiously interact with the environment, subtly giving slight hints as to your current objective through natural feral animations(ie. tugging at chains to climb or laying to rest near a small enclave you can fit through). It's absurdly impressive and I find myself never wanting to miss out on how the thing clambers, scales, and attempts to keep pace with me however it can when forced into separation.

I'm adoring this game so far and haven't been bothered by the control or directive jank when trying to get Trico to do my bidding as of yet. Very pleased with the impulse purchase.

Is the game out yet on the PSN store?

Unlocked at a few hours ago. Yes.

B33

Banned
I just took a screenshot of
Trico's butthole
AMA

Joking aside, this game is great so far despite its technical hitches on base PS4. They're noticeable but they haven't made the game unplayable.

I'm super bummed that this isn't going to perform well on regular PS4's. Still picking it up alongside FFXV this week because at this point, I have to know.

Feep

Banned
I've had no problems with the whims of Trico, but yeah, the camera is pretty trash. Feels *SO* sluggish, even with higher sensitivity.

Oh well. At least it's not a crazy action game or anything.

Enjoying so far.

B33

Banned
I'm calling it a night. I'm about three hours in.

The camera has problems and the framerate dips occasionally, but it's great. I love Trico, the environments, and the puzzles so far.

xclk07

Very slight spoiler question:

To those who have finished, how far in the game is the
command tutorial
? Halfway? Third of the way? Less?

melkier33

Playing on a pro. I can't believe how good this game looks, the animation is top notch. Had trick come through a door and attack some armour, with the way the light was coming in even though graphics are stylized it looked real on another level. Kinda gave me a weird sensation. Only complaints so far, the boy seems to tip toe while running occasionally. And kinda hate the button mapping. Played a few hours and still mashing the wrong buttons. On the plus side haven't really had issues with trico, just need patience to wait for him.

Really really like the visual style on everything.

Damn the impressions in this thread are awesome.
Can't believe I have to wait 11 days before I can play this :(

Edit: beautiful OT btw Agram! Very fitting.

You play as much as you can, take any base idea and try and figure out how to make it playable and then run with it - it's one of the most liberating things you can do. I started mostly by mapping out the level design in ICO and the world map in Majora's Mask and seeing how they fit into place and "worked".
His games are so inspiring and I'm sooo certain I'm gonna cry when I get this in the post lmao

Thank you for the answer! Will Keep this in mind. I will probably try to do this with tlg ;)

brawly

This game looks amazing. Maybe not every single texture but overall I'm really impressed. Should be incredible at 4k on a Pro. (OG PS4 here)

Gurish

So guys afer playing it do you think it could run on PS3? do you feel like it's a last gen game technically like some were saying after the reveal?

On my way home from work now. Never been so happy to get off work this whole year! I will be playing TLG within the hour!

Been waiting so long for this.

AmyS

This game looks wonderful on PS4 Pro (playing with video output in 1080p to get the better framerate, there's no option in the game menu to turn down resolution).

Trico is amazing.

brawly

So guys afer playing it do you think it could run on PS3? do you feel like it's a last gen game technically like some were saying after the reveal?

Trico alone wouldn't have been possible. The feathers and fur are incredible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Japanese packaging is gorgeous. Will take pics when i get home.

I made this before E3 2016...

Our Fumito, who art in Japan,
Hallowed be The Last Guardian.
Thy release come.
Thy game be done
On PS4, as it is on PS3.
Give us this day our announcement trailer,
And forgive us our GIFs,
As we forgive those who GIF against us.
Lead us not into anticipation,
But deliver us a street date.
For thine is the Ico,
The Shadow, and the Colossus,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

...prayers answered.

200w.gif

ranmafan

Finallly got home and done all the things I need to do, now I can dive right into the game. I love the Japanese packaging as well as others have said. It's so stylish and fits well. The special Fumito Ueda Material book from Brutus magazine is very nice too. It's so crazy to have both this and Final Fantasy XV finally, all in the same week. But tonight FFXV gets a break so I can enjoy this next Ueda masterpiece! So excited!

Haganeren

I really love the game, always found new way of making myself loving Trico.

That being said, like ICO, it's not always easy to know where to go, i'm
Just after the first time you use a trolley as a Pendulum, where Trico use its huge paw to make the boy go to the floor upstairs. You know, in the big round arena which have a battle at first and a windows on the ceiling with a grid which make a grid shadow at the center of the room.

I managed to get Trico to climb here but then... I don't really know what to do anymore...I don't even see a way out !

If someone rememebr this place...

N30RYU

Still no videos of the two dynamic themes??? I wanna see if they're as good as the ones from Ico and SOTC for PS3. (ones of the best PS3 dynamic themes)The inly thing right now we have is two stills of one of the themes and the thumbnails of the preloaded themes

Alastor3

So, is the game is that bad with the OG PS4? I don't have any money to upgrade to PRO and I already purchase the game. :(

Lol I cancelled my amazon.de Steelbook because I'm busy playing FFXV and now I got my shipment confirmation of my amazon.com collectors edition. Fuck totally forgot about it.

I'm not even mad.

MrHoot

So, is the game is that bad with the OG PS4? I don't have any money to upgrade to PRO and I already purchase the game. :(

It's really not as bad as people make it out, playing on OG ps4 myself. Never impedes the experience i'd say as it's a slow methodical game

Top Bottom