• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Left Behind |OT|

Kuro

That's a good point. I never thought about it that way.
Actually, it would be more if you go 3D and get popcorn, drinks, candy etc. Oh, and dont forget parking.

BTW, I read in another thread that you needed to have a copy of the disk? Does this mean I cant play the DLC if I have the digital version?

You can play the DLC as long as you own the game whether its digital or retail. Just make sure the regions match up.

TrueCoins

Banned
Any notes about Ish left around? To know more backstory to Ish and such?

Speaking of, does nobody else think ISH would make a fine character for a sequel? Prologue of him on his boat, moving to the sewers, then finding the Kyle and Susan family in town, inviting them back. Starting a commune. Then it all goes to hell. With the group of kids dieing with Kyle in the locked storage room? That sounds like all one hell of an intro to me.

Then it could be with Ish, Susan and maybe her kids (if any lived)

Ish seems like a deep character who has taken a large role of protecting this women and her family now that Kyle is gone, sounds like a great plot device to me. And Isherwood just sounds like a leading character name to me.

Grisby

Man, I don't know when it happened but PSN has been a lot faster for me than my 360 in the past few months. Downloaded the extra map pack and the documentary thanks to the season pass pretty quickly.

Got a question though of there are any MP vets in here. I started playing tonight and I was getting all of these "UNKNOWN STRING" errors all over the MP menus. Never had that when I played at launch. I can get in a match but most of the words are all just 'unknown string errors'. Wonder if it's some sort of server side deal.

Anyways, looking forward to downloading Left Behind tomorrow. Itching for some more TLOU.

Vire

Neil Druckmann is a boss.

Is the game going to be released TONIGHT at 10pm PST?

Yes 3 hours from now it theoretically should be available for US gamers, but knowing the PSN store...

Any notes about Ish left around? To know more backstory to Ish and such?

Speaking of, does nobody else think ISH would make a fine character for a sequel? Prologue of him on his boat, moving to the sewers, then finding the Kyle and Susan family in town, inviting them back. Starting a commune. Then it all goes to hell. With the group of kids dieing with Kyle in the locked storage room? That sounds like all one hell of an intro to me.

Then it could be with Ish, Susan and maybe her kids (if any lived)

Ish seems like a deep character who has taken a large role of protecting this women and her family now that Kyle is gone, sounds like a great plot device to me. And Isherwood just sounds like a leading character name to me.

They said they had more Ish notes in the DLC at one time but it felt too coincidental / too much like fan service so they took it out.

ALL reviews are opinion pieces.

Oh, also: has Naughty Dog said anything about the other two DLC packs in the Season Pass? Mainly, will they be single-player packs like Left Behind or multiplayer packs? Because if they're the latter, I probably won't bother shelling out for the season pass.

No shit! That's not what I meant. If you don't immediately know who is reviewing the game then the score is meaningless. Polygon is not one of those websites that puts reviewer first. Even IGN does better job doing that.

Disclaimer: Comment about IGN is partially sarcastic.

kneePat

I have the season pass, and I downloaded it. When I go into the game menu and hit downloadables and load up the DLC, I don't see an option for Last Behind. What am I doing wrong?

I have the season pass, and I downloaded it. When I go into the game menu and hit downloadables and load up the DLC, I don't see an option for Last Behind. What am I doing wrong?

I'm assuming you still have the base game installed, correct? A patch for it, 1.06, is required to play Left Behind
(I believe the title of the DLC you mentioned is rated AO)
. Did you install the patch already?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll grab this in the morning... don't trust PSN anymore to ever be on schedule.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just bought the season pass in preparation. Had no idea it also included all those hats and masks and whatever. Pretty cool.

Lucent

Just bought the season pass in preparation. Had no idea it also included all those hats and masks and whatever. Pretty cool.

And only $5 more? Not bad. Might just have to try multiplayer again. It was pretty decent from what I played and had some laughs throwing molotovs at people who tried to crawl away. Just rarely got with any good teams.

Nitsuj23

Has there been any word on how long this will be? Tried Googling and didn't come up with anything... it's late, could be my fault.

Dead

well not really...yet
And only $5 more? Not bad. Might just have to try multiplayer again. It was pretty decent from what I played and had some laughs throwing molotovs at people who tried to crawl away. Just rarely got with any good teams.
Yeah $5 more for a map pack already out, another one out in the future and all the cosmetic shit too. Made sense.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Such a great trailer, so so looking forward to this even if it is a bit on the short side :/ Sure it will be worth it though. Has there been a confirmation yet of what time it'll be available? Is that 10 PST time that's floating around in here accurate?

In just over 30 minutes unless there's a delay.

I'm looking forward to finding out what this secret is that they've been hiding from people.

In just over 30 minutes unless there's a delay.
Thanks, is there a source for this though? Not that I doubt you, I'd just hope to get my hopes up for nothing, and the earlier I can get the download started the better!

One more question for anyone, is there a list of the DLC trophies yet? With any spoilered trophies hopefully hidden at least.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Thanks, is there a source for this though? Not that I doubt you, I'd just hope to get my hopes up for nothing, and the earlier I can get the download started the better!

One more question for anyone, is there a list of the DLC trophies yet? With any spoilered trophies hopefully hidden at least.

The trailer released a long time ago so this has to be the time the DLC gets unlocked:

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/434038308528615424

Levyne

Banned
I preordered the dlc code from amazon (they had it bundled with the game for a decent price a while back) but it has midnight pacific listed as the release date. Hmm.

In the long run I know it doesn't matter, but hope it is sent sooner.

So annoyed I imported the US version of the game now. Might just download the DLC and hope it's compatible.

As the man said above, DO NOT waste your money. All PS3 DLC is region locked. Has to be downloaded from the same region as the game is from.

I got burned not once, not twice, but TRICE because of it. A few years ago with Motorstorm Apocalypse which I imported and then bought local DLC, then with Batman Arkham City which I traded in and downloaded the PS+ version to find my half way completed game saves wouldn't work with it and then just last year with the map pack for The Last of Us.

I never learn.

I have like $7 on my PSN account right now. Is there any easy way to add like $10 worth of funds without putting my credit/debit card on the account?

Top Bottom