• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Mupod

I feel an obligation to rid the world of these monstrosities. It probably doesn't help much and doesn't really fit the character of Joel but I feel bad leaving them for the next unlucky SOB.

I kill everything too. On a related note, I'm only good at stealth in games where you're encouraged to wipe everything out by being a ninja (this, batman, MGR etc).

Pretty sure I've had certain enemies drop collectibles like firefly tags. Maybe only a couple times though.

Oneself

So that game is sold out everywhere in Montreal.

I'm sure it's sold out as well, but there's EB games at La Plaza St-Hubert (St-Hubert/Jean-Talon).
One place I'm sure you could find it would be at PHARMAPRIX. They have games, new games / big titles... nobody buys games there...

antitrop

After meeting Henry, I hope Brandon Scott has a long career in the voice acting business.

I think he stands out and after looking at his IMDb profile it seems he's a newbie.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This only the second game my missus actually enjoys watching me play, the first being ZombiU.

Had a good session last night and finished up for the evening at 56% after 14hrs 10mins and have found 64 pendants/comics/artifacts etc. At this rate I am expecting to take 25-30hrs for my first play through. Shame I couldn't start on Survivor but still....

antitrop

I'm going to stop playing now, 9hrs, 50%.

Only reason is to give my launch PS3 a small rest, it's been running for 6 hours straight now and I don't have all that much faith in its ability to continue functioning properly.

btkadams

my ps3 actually completely shut off while playing the last of us yesterday. no warning. the red light wasn't even on either. i had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in to get the red power light back on. i turned it back on and played for an hour before i had to go do something else. is that how the overheating mechanism functions, or should i be worried? i have a slim btw.

legbone

my ps3 actually completely shut off while playing the last of us yesterday. no warning. the red light wasn't even on either. i had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in to get the red power light back on. i turned it back on and played for an hour before i had to go do something else. is that how the overheating mechanism functions, or should i be worried? i have a slim btw.

i would be. i myself am having serious issues with this game. i can't play more than an hour without my system locking up. my system is a launch fatty and i just know this game is going to kill it. i am seriously thinking about selling my copy to a friend and going to his house and playing it with him. it sucks bad. i don't want to kill my ps3.

edit: and i keep it clean and in an area with plenty of ventilation. it is a launch fatty that is still alive. i have taken good care of the ole girl and would hate to see her die.

Lima

Yes that is how the PS3 works. It just shuts down to prevent from overheating. This game is using everything that the PS3 got. Shit is crazy.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone explain the brightness settings in this game. I don't understand how it works :S

is it best to leave it at default settings?

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Japan-Gaf writing in. 3 more days until I can get a hold of a copy here. Anyone know if the Japanese version has been edited at all? The Uncharted games had the blood taken out of them.

Batman

Banned
i would be. i myself am having serious issues with this game. i can't play more than an hour without my system locking up. my system is a launch fatty and i just know this game is going to kill it. i am seriously thinking about selling my copy to a friend and going to his house and playing it with him. it sucks bad. i don't want to kill my ps3.

edit: and i keep it clean and in an area with plenty of ventilation. it is a launch fatty that is still alive. i have taken good care of the ole girl and would hate to see her die.

It's just amazing that the reviewers and Naughty Dog didn't encounter these problems and shipped a game out like this, have they commented yet about the situation? No excuse for it.

Superflat

Credits are rolling right now and I'm fucking gutted that there's no more campaign to play.

Fanastic work from ND. Going ahead to the spoiler thread.

I shifted down to Easy to get past the demo section, and haven't turned it back up. Feels much better this way. I'm still playing it as smartly as I can, but when I mess up, I'm less likely to have to restart. I *really* want to experience the story without too many restarts ...

As a result, I've managed to get four chapers in now, and I've seen a wonderful variety of stuff already.

I really don't like the story genre at all though, and wish they'd spent all this energy on a more 'fun' story. But it's all so well done, that I'm willing to overlook it. I've mentally reduced all enemy types to just that - enemies with different behavior.

Some of the sights are really something to behold. Truly staggeringly beautiful. I wouldn't mind a version of this game that is exactly the same like this, but where all types of zombies are replaced by various forms of wildlife, some dangerous (hungry, or you get too close to their nest, etc.), and some not, but they could be food, and some could be challenging to kill/trap/cook. It could be a fantastic game. Still enough tension, with unpredictable humans and sometimes hostile animals, but it would feel much more naturally like a survival thing, and without all the bullshit zombies. Ah well. ;)

But like I said, it's so well made, it's not unlikely to get me through to the end regardless.

I have actually no idea how far I am into the game. Where does it show that? In the savegame maybe? (haven't looked there yet)

StiLt

Still a better love story than twilight. I hear you. Traded in my launch 60gb for slim eventually because I didn't want to see it die... well that and it had started sounding like a passenger airline taking off as soon as a game kicked in.

antitrop

I have actually no idea how far I am into the game. Where does it show that? In the savegame maybe? (haven't looked there yet)

Press Start. Go to Load Game, then let it sit there for a few seconds until your playtime and completion percentage appear.

Still a better love story than twilight. I hear you. Traded in my launch 60gb for slim eventually because I didn't want to see it die... well that and it had started sounding like a passenger airline taking off as soon as a game kicked in.

You mean Dawn of the Wolf, Pt. 2?

This is how my OG 60gig died while playing Killzone 2

Be afraid, be very afraid

Guys, quick progress check. How far am I to the end?

I am out of the hotel and on the booby-trapped road where Ellie specifically calls out that there's a guy watching the street from one of the buildings.

I think I'm way too much of a wuss for this game ;_;

I'm fairly early in the game, just left Boston, and I can't handle
the banging door with the steam behind it. had to quit for the day right there. My play session for the day started in the museum and ended after opening that. Couldn't even make it up the stairs.

Amir0x

Banned
See, this is what I'm talking about. These bathrooms at this one specific place in Pittsburgh. I mean. Look at the detail work in the textures! On the ceiling, the most beautiful chipped paint texture work ever. Who spends this much time on something so inconsequential!? And yet... what a marvel of artistry!

Going through THE LAST OF US is like taking flight through one of those photo galleries of Destroyed Detroit.

Top Bottom