• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Amir0x

Banned
Games like this make me totally unimpressed with next gen graphics, I mean look at what a ps3 game could look like, everything I saw this e3 did not wow me as much and looked like incremental improvement, that includes the division and infamous ss.

Games like this make me insatiable for next-gen. Last of Us is practically a text-book example of why we need it - extremely poor image quality, jaggies everywhere, framerate issues. This game is like "DAMN WHERE IS THAT PS4, I NEEDS ME LAST OF US HD+ EDITION!"

It's pushing PS3 so far it simply cannot do the job anymore. And it's a shame because this game is so goddamn packed with loving work from artists.

StuBurns

Banned
Games like this make me totally unimpressed with next gen graphics, I mean look at what a ps3 game could look like, everything I saw this e3 did not wow me as much and looked like incremental improvement, that includes the division and infamous ss.
If The Division doesn't impress you, I can promise you that you will never be impressed by a game graphically again.

tom_clancys_the_division_4.jpg

The jump from that to photo realism is pretty small.

Pranay

Games like this make me insatiable for next-gen. Last of Us is practically a text-book example of why we need it - extremely poor image quality, jaggies everywhere, framerate issues. This game is like "DAMN WHERE IS THAT PS4, I NEEDS ME LAST OF US HD+ EDITION!"

It's pushing PS3 so far it simply cannot do the job anymore. And it's a shame because this game is so goddamn packed with loving work from artists.

Yup.
The art and lighting is insane.

A full HD Version will make it look better then most cross next gen games easily.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

On this note, How is the art book for this game? I was thinkin about picking it up but wanted to get some impressions!

So I just played some Uncharted 3....

Wow, what an upgrade. After playing TLOU, the graphics (both in game and cutscene), the animations, the AI, the environments of Uncharted 3 don't impress as much as they used to.

Also
How does replaying chapters work? Can you select which section to start (for example
University
is split into
Go Big Horns
and
Science Lab
? What supplies and upgrades do you have? Does it reset your progress to that chapter?

Kallor

You're kidding? The game looks super poor at times. If anything after Metro 2033 Last light on PC then playing this game on ps3 made me realise just how overdue next gen is.

Please port this game to ps4 Sony, it deserves it.

If The Division doesn't impress you, I can promise you that you will never be impressed by a game graphically again.
I'm definitely impressed by the division, however not nearly as much as I am with tlou. I expected a leap as noticeable as previous gen visual upgrades. Well, at least we'll see less jaggies and better frame rate.

I'm glad TLOU sold so well! It's a quality title. I'm glad to be playing it.

You're kidding? The game looks super poor at times. If anything after Metro 2033 Last light on PC then playing this game on ps3 made me realise just how overdue next gen is.

Please port this game to ps4 Sony, it deserves it.

Agreed. I don't think Last of Us is one of the best looking console games I've played, in motion or in still.

Amir0x

Banned
Amir0x I hope you don't have a panic attack when you get to the sections when the game
forces you to run
;)

When I was up to the
Truck Pushing Segment
right before Pittsburgh, I actually died like 30 times trying to explore the area lol

traveler

Not Wario
I'd be down with a $40 "enhanced edition" for PS4 that gave this game's visual ambition the horsepower it deserved. Throw in some Half Life style dev commentary too while you're at it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhh...

Motherfucking
bloaters. Having trouble with the second one. In the hotel after Joel falls down the elevator shaft.

kmax

I've been listening to Gustavo Santaolalla's score from The Last of Us for hours now. It's hauntingly captivating.

This game is beyond amazing on all fronts. Cheers Naughty Dog for crafting the art that you do. Simply the best.

After playing through a bit of the game I feel like "Endure and Survive" would have been another great OT sub-title.

Lol, I just said the exact same thing on the previous page.

Edit: Wait, aren't you the same person that suggested the same name I had already suggested for the Remember Me OT? (the one that is being used right now)

nib95

Banned
This is how I play in every single area.

STEP 1 ->

Methodically take out everything

STEP 2 ->

Methodically pour over every Room for items to scavenge

STEP 3 ->

Admire Art Direction (includes meticulously viewing every corner, bit of texture work, poster); Take in Environmental Narrative; Admire strongs and weak points of the visual engine

STEP 4 ->

Maybe move on to next area?

I died there I think 3 times at least. I am on Hard/No Listen Mode, so took a bit before I realized how open I could be with my kills on the runners before the Clicker would hear.

Lol, those are the exact same steps I take.

Beaulieu

So that game is sold out everywhere in Montreal.
How big is the PSN download ? It says 153mb on the site but that cant be possible.

You get the weapons at the exact same point as your original playthrough, only difference is that hey're fully upgraded when you get them.

The jump from that to photo realism is pretty small.

I'm pretty sure this game won't look that good ingame.
Do you remember Killzone and motorstorm trailers? yeah...^^

Ricker

This game is sold out in all of Montreal.
I didnt think stuff like that hapenned anymore wtf.

Even at a off the path Microplay...? the one on Beaubien near Langelier might have some,call there lol...but yeah it's hard to find.

Alltogether the download is close to 25 gig I believe...

Flo_Evans

Their are lot of sections where the game has no hand holding when you genreally think it should lol

I tried to stand my ground in the
sewers after you meet back up with Ellie, I still think it may be possible. But one time I turned around and the dude was like "hey help me with this door dumbass!" There was also a 2nd fight at the exit that I thought I could of won but all of the sudden cutscene kicked in and I was out. Don't know if it was timer based or if I clicked on the door by accident.

Beaulieu

Even at a off the path Microplay...? the one on Beaubien near Langelier might have some,call there lol...but yeah it's hard to find.

Alltogether the download is close to 25 gig I believe...

well I don't have a car or anything. I know all futureshop and archambault on the island are sold out, microplay on mont-royal too.
fuck me.

nib95

Banned
Ahhh...

Motherfucking
bloaters. Having trouble with the second one. In the hotel after Joel falls down the elevator shaft.

First few times I got fucked, but then one time I just
ran up the path in to the room above as soon as the generator was on, threw one nail bomb at the entrance (to kill any runners or clickers that might try to come up to chase me to my spot), then hid in the room above in the corner. To my surprise, the bloater walked up the path and straight to the doorway in-front of me, not knowing I was behind it, hidden in the corner of the room. I then lobbed a molotov at him once he went through the doorway, followed by a couple of nail bombs and he was dead before he even knew where I was, or could properly react.

slade

Not liking this game much, way too much stealth. Shelved it for Binary Domain, will come back to it if I ever give a damn again.

I can see myself getting addicted to the multiplayer in this game. Me and a friend played it together and we demolished the other team. Their's no better feeling then doing an execution to an enemy. I wish ppl on mp would be more aware of stuff behind them, I always check my back every second because I know someone may be stalking me waiting for the right opportunity. I've seen too many times someone comes up to one of my teammates and backshiv them.

antitrop

Not liking this game much, way too much stealth. Shelved it for Binary Domain, will come back to it if I ever give a damn again.
Lower the difficulty level or get past the first 3 hours.

Either one will pretty much allow you a bit more freedom and creativity in each environment, especially the latter suggestion.

You know, I'm a fan of Binary Domain... since day one. Really enjoyed the hell out of it, but The Last of Us is leagues better then that game. How far did you play before stopping. If your early on, you really need to keep going.

Fantasmo

Unless you forget to get the keycard before you pull the generator... Like I did.

That complicates things. (And made it much better, as far as I'm concerned)

Yeah, somehow I did that part easily. I died once because I just
turned on the generator and the entire infected population gangbanged me
; but after that I just threw molotovs and picked everyone off, the
bloater
never came after me which was odd. It took me another 10 minutes to find the keycard.

Mupod

there's only been one section so far where I really feel like I probably missed something major because I was forced to move on before I could backtrack. But it seems like it'd be a dick move to put something in that area so I don't think they did.

I thoroughly comb every area and I'm probably gonna clock in around 21 hours. Highly doubt I missed any collectibles but I might've forgotten to read a page or two since I picked them up mid-fight.

Pranay

Shelving The Last Of Us for Binary Domain...

Fh3ro.gif

I am still divided whether i should trade the game for Bioshock or
blacks op 2

or play the mp game

Speaking of which i genreally thought god of war is the best looking game on ps3 but i think only interms of IQ SSM has an edge , overall TLOU is the best looking game on ps3

rataplein

hey guys, i have the original ps3 wireless headset. (the bulkier one)

which audio output option should i choose?.

i searched the thread, and only found one guy saying that the headset option was the better one... but i'm not sure, at least in the menu the dolby pro logic ii sounded better.

ill play later!.

Astery

not sure if enemies have constant hp across the progress of the game, but I've killed 2
bloaters
and everything else in the last section of
the tunnel in salt lake city
with a brick to lure everything near it, follows by a nail bomb, then a molotov , feels bad ass and not a sweat dropped.

Top Bottom