• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

If you guys want headphones that have a huge soundstage and let you easily tell where the enemy is coming from then you should get these Audio Technica AD700.

I don't actually have them, but I heard there one of the best for gaming and they cost $100.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Really hoping this gets to 97 on metacritic.

C'mon GameTrailers :)

They did say in their preview that it's Naughty Dog's best game yet....and they gave UC3 a 9.5, FWIW

Yep on invisible wall he said it's not a perfect game but he enjoyed it more than the Uncharted games.

antitrop

My hometown paper gave it a 10 eh.

That pushes me off the fence. Day 1.
Part of the game takes place in Colorado? Wooooo. :)

I'm not going to lie, I love when games have settings where I live. Like Wild West games and the newest Forza. And Metal Gear Rising, of all games...

Cyberia

Really hoping this gets to 97 on metacritic.

C'mon GameTrailers :)

They did say in their preview that it's Naughty Dog's best game yet....and they gave UC3 a 9.5, FWIW

In the latest episode of Invisible Walls he said that the game will be remembered in the same way Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto as important titles gone by.

If you guys want headphones that have a huge soundstage and let you easily tell where the enemy is coming from then you should get these Audio Technica AD700.

I don't actually have them, but I heard there one of the best for gaming and they cost $100.

They really only shine at that when you have a soundcard that emulates 5.1 on PC or you use Dolby Headphone. As a straight stereo pair they are a bit more open though but not a huge soundstage. They are extremely accurate though and I know a lot of guys on PC use them for competitive gaming to hear footsteps

For something like TLOU you want a pair with good entertainment aspects that are fun to listen with and bring out the quality of the audio, not so much for soundstage or positional cues, but with good low, mids and highs

Flek

Banned
my girl got me the ps3 official wireless headset and i was playing the demo last night and damn! the runners sound freaky, great sound quality, what a difference, this game needs to be played with a headset GAF

damn people like you made me order the ps3 official headset for this game alone… i hope it can keep up with my expectations though.

also don´t know if this wasn´t wasted money … how high is the chance that the headset will work wit the ps4 !?

Flek

Banned
They really only shine at that when you have a soundcard that emulates 5.1 on PC or you use Dolby Headphone. As a straight stereo pair they are a bit more open though but not a huge soundstage. They are extremely accurate though and I know a lot of guys on PC use them for competitive gaming to hear footsteps

For something like TLOU you want a pair with good entertainment aspects that are fun to listen with and bring out the quality of the audio, not so much for soundstage or positional cues, but with good low, mids and highs

any recommendations?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
any recommendations?

I'm rocking the Sony Pulse Wireless Headset Elite. These babies are absolutely wonderful. Best headphones I've ever owned.

aiLZBHA.jpg

EDIT: Oops, just saw your price point. These are a little more than your max price.

Vire

lets say up to 140 Euros - but 100 would be better

and i want them for gaming / movies exlusivly. I have sennheiser ie8 and a pair of audio.technica for music already

Why not just hook up the Audio Technica ones to your PS3?

Sure it's not ideal, but I do it and it still sounds fantastic.

lets say up to 140 Euros - but 100 would be better

and i want them for gaming / movies exlusivly. I have sennheiser ie80 and a pair of audio.technica for music already

ATH M50's are pretty good, but I think it might be out of your price range

Flek

Banned
I'm rocking the Sony Pulse Wireless Headset Elite. These babies are absolutely wonderful. Best headphones I've ever owned.

aiLZBHA.jpg

EDIT: Oops, just saw your price point. These are a little more than your max price.

whats the difference between them and the normal PS3 - Wireless Stereo Headset??

Why not just hook up the Audio Technica ones to your PS3?

Sure it's not ideal, but I do it and it still sounds fantastic.

because i need a reciever or something right?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

aiLZBHA.jpg

they don't have a mic on them? If so, that's alright I have a turtlebeach for that

any recommendations?

Depends on what you're willing to spend and what you want out of headphones (gaming, music, everything, bass, positional audio etc etc.). The AD700s are really good for their price point, really comfy, do have that airy feel about them like the sound is outside your head rather than inside but for TLOU I don't think they will truly bring out all the best audio, they're a bit light on bass.

Surround headsets are good for positional cues and provide a pretty convincing surround feeling but you lose a lot of clarity and quality. If you're use to straight shitty headphones then they will still sound good though and you can get them cheap.

For higher quality audio you want something like the Beyerdynamic range. The DT 880s and DT 990s are awesome for gaming. Really rich sounding and really deep too. They're also open headphones which gives that airy feel but the bass is pretty powerful at times. It's a bit boomier than some other headphones. But depending on the Ohm value ou might need a headphone amp

The Audio Technica M50s are really good for bass and provide a punchier sound as opposed to the Beyer's boomy sound. It really depends on what you want out of your bass. Tight and punchy or low and boomy.

All in all I say go with a set of Beyerdynamics for a movie like sound. Where you get clarity and quality. Go with the AD700s if positional cues (where enemies are) means more. And the Audio Technica M50s if you want some really hard hitting bass

Here is the best thread on the net for Headphone decisions. It taught me so damn much.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-dog-v-3-2-reviewed

ThisOne

Any word yet on how hard the "hard" difficulty is? I'm considering that for my first playthrough but if it's going to be really frustrating, I may just start on normal.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
they don't have a mic on them? If so, that's alright I have a turtlebeach for that

They have a mic on them

amazon said:
Key Features:

The Pulse Elite Manager can be downloaded in the PSN Store
BassImpact technology
BassImpact converts low frequency bass into pulses around the earpads letting you feel the sound.
BassImpact triggered pulses deliver an unprecedented level of immersion and sharpens your perception on the battlefield.
Feel the sound with BassImpact technology
Enjoy hi-fidelity 7.1 virtual surround sound
Crystal clear voice chat
Perfect for use with mobile devices
Comfortable for hours of gameplay
Preset modes optimized for select gaming genres
Stay informed with on-screen headset status updates

Definity

Can't wait to see what all this talk about the intro is about!!! Guessing they hit you right in the feels to start with or maybe some crazy set piece. Hurry up and get here game!

delta25

Banned
STAHP!

Seriously i have not seen one single person who doesn't like the intro, this is insane.

There's a reason for that. You'd have to be batshit insane or an incredibly bias fanboy not to think that the first 20 min of TLoU are some of the best ever.

Dem fucking shivers yo.

All y'all spoiling the intro for yourself ought to be ashamed! ASHAMED! That's quality narrative that deserves to be a part of a whole. You taking it all out of context and early is just a bad thing to do.

antitrop

The thing I didn't like about Uncharted 2 is the incredibly unsatisfying and terrible combat that felt like it didn't need to exist. If Last of Us even has mediocre combat I will be happy.
I agree, the shooting mechanics of Uncharted 2 are very poor and easily the biggest downside to the entire game.
They're not that bad, though. Turning the difficulty down to Easy solved my issues with that aspect of the game just fine.

Tomb Raider's combat blows Uncharted 2 away. Uncharted 2 blows Tomb Raider away in every other aspect, so far.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

They do have a mic on them, it's built in. Works wonderfully.

whats the difference between them and the normal PS3 - Wireless Stereo Headset??

Better design, has an audio jack that can be used with phones/laptops/mobile etc.

Main thing is the BassImpact technology it has in it. That stuff is great for when you really want to feel explosions and rumbling and such.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Any word yet on how hard the "hard" difficulty is? I'm considering that for my first playthrough but if it's going to be really frustrating, I may just start on normal.

Well the enemies are supposedly the same difficulty but in Hard you are just given way less supplies.

Top Bottom