• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Tawpgun

Wait.

Joel isn't Ellie's father?

Oh.

Also, I finally know how PC gamers felt when they couldn't play Red Dead. I want a PS3.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Joel or Ellie?

Hm... i really can't decide.

leaning more towards #TeamJoel

After his Uncharted 3 review, he can never be forgiven.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that review is terrible. Any time him or Colin are on to review a PS exclusive I roll my eyes and just ignore it. It's a shame their scores are counted so highly

Joel or Ellie?

Hm... i really can't decide.

leaning more towards #TeamJoel

#TeamJoel all the way man. I have never been that attracted to Ellie as a character so far. I mean sure she's a cool little kid but I feel they overdo her sometimes in the potty mouth punk department, it feels forced sometimes.

Joel seems like a really beaten down kind of guy who's really seen some shit. That and it's Troy Baker, the best VA around

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
what headphones did ya get?

Sony MDRZX600B

Nothing too fancy, but I didnt want to play it with the TV speakers (especially if my PS3 decides to start vrooming during the game).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

JohngPR

Does anyone know if the 90 minute making of that comes with the season pass is the same "making of" videos they'd been releasing in parts?

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
my girl got me the ps3 official wireless headset and i was playing the demo last night and damn! the runners sound freaky, great sound quality, what a difference, this game needs to be played with a headset GAF

my girl got me the ps3 official wireless headset and i was playing the demo last night and damn! the runners sound freaky, great sound quality, what a difference, this game needs to be played with a headset GAF

It needs to be played with surround speakers more like. But yeah the difference even with normal headphones will be better than the TV just for audio cues alone.

Never underestimate the power of good audio, by listening through the TV you miss so much of a game, even the demo on youtube you can hear the building shake and groan and it's so deep. ND games have movie style audio and it's exceptional

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
It needs to be played with surround speakers more like. But yeah the difference even with normal headphones will be better than the TV just for audio cues alone.

Never underestimate the power of good audio, by listening through the TV you miss so much of a game, even the demo on youtube you can hear the building shake and groan and it's so deep. ND games have movie style audio and it's exceptional

this headphones have virtual surround sound, it might not be the same quality as the real thing but as soon as you turn it on it makes a huge difference, huge, im loving this headset, super comfortable and in my opinion it has great sound, im no DJ so im not really picky about headphones ;P

Magnus

Really? I saw two videos of the same area (same from E3) that played differently
AI reacting to empty guns, reacting to human shields, begging for their lives, running from Joel, flanking and ambushing, searching for Joel....

Maybe it's because you've only played the tutorial or early in the game?
I hope that this is not the case. The AI was one of the main reasons I was so hyped for this game!

Yeah, I am real early on still. But isn't most of the behaviour you're describing stuff that's been done in shooters before? I can't imagine this'd be the first game to ever have enemies do some of that stuff? But then, I'm not a seasoned FPS/TPS gamer, so I don't know.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yep, GOW 3 has the best intro I've ever seen and if this is better then fucking bring it on.
GoW 3 intro is still by far the best intro of the gen. This was great, but I think those who are saying it topped GoW 3's intro or the best intro of all time, etc are being hyperbolic. I mean, SSM went all out on that shit and it was by far the best part of the game.. LOU is more of a consistant quality throuhout type scenario.

GoW 3 intro is still by far the best intro of the gen. This was great, but I think those who are saying it topped GoW 3's intro or the best intro of all time, etc are being hyperbolic. I mean, SSM went all out on that shit and it was by far the best part of the game.. LOU is more of a consistant quality throuhout type scenario.

Yeah GOW3 blew it's load in the first 30 minutes and nothing after that came close to the same quality :(

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think ascension did the same thing. The first battle gets you excited then it starts to tumble, hitting every broad piece of level design you've witnessed in the last decade.

deafsox987

Neo Member
I may have overlooked something, but does the game have subtitles during cinematic sequences? I played the GoW:A demo of the game, and there were no subtitles in the opening sequence between the three characters. Yet during the actual gameplay, the subtitles were there. I am concerned that Naughty Dog might have forgotten to add the subtitles for the cinematic sequences, given the fact they did not add subtitles for Jak & Daxter (the only negative aspect of that game).

I think ascension did the same thing. The first battle gets you excited then it starts to tumble, hitting every broad piece of level design you've witnessed in the last decade.

Ascension has far bigger problems than just giving you the best moment at the start. At least GOW3 was fairly solid throughout regardless. Ascension is just poor all over

I guess this year will be good in that there's no chance this game will be spoiled for me by GAF because GAF won't even be online during E3.

HardRojo

I don't know if I should get that TLoU+Pulse Elite bundle, I'm kinda short of cash right now but I could still manage... I guess I'll just let it pass by for now :/

Ascension has far bigger problems than just giving you the best moment at the start. At least GOW3 was fairly solid throughout regardless. Ascension is just poor all over

While I understand and can relate to people have issues with GOW Ascension... anyone who has seen the final boss usually says that was a site to behold. As for the intro to The Last of Us. I just expect it to be damn good from a narrative point of view, not from OMFG dat graphics.

I'm very happy with mine as well, specially because they also work on PC (no surround but it's plug'n play and they have great stereo).

While I understand and can relate to people have issues with GOW Ascension... anyone who has seen the final boss usually says that was a site to behold. As for the intro to The Last of Us. I just expect it to be damn good from a narrative point of view, not from OMFG dat graphics.

Yeah I'm expecting a really tight intro to the game with emotion, great character moments and a few sad moments or some shockers etc. Not expecting a huge scale battle or anything like that. Bigger isn't better for this game

Also yeah Ascension's final boss is awesome looking but it felt like it was just there to look good and didn't really add much to the overall game. At least the Zeus battles actually served a purpose and felt substantive. Ascension's is just "Oh look what we're able to do"

Andrew.

Banned
As if I'd be able to be okay by just avoiding this thread and GAF altogether, it's even worse when someone on your PSN friends list is actually playing the fucking game while you're trying to kill down personal hype via replays of the same old shit.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
I don't know if I should get that TLoU+Pulse Elite bundle, I'm kinda short of cash right now but I could still manage... I guess I'll just let it pass by for now :/

pulse elite headphones get damaged way to easy, 2 friends got this headphones and the base that holds the ear piece is made out of cheap plastic, it breaks easily and sony will not replace it, true story, that's why i ended up with the official headset, i might be a little bigger but the build quality while is not perfect at least is much better than the pulse ones

spannicus

Sony said fuck you. You can't have the last byte.

lol i was going to play with him a bit but you did a good job hehehe. God willing my connect comes thru tomorrow, I didnt give him my number for nothin..right? WOOOOOO that 252 dollar copy on Ebay. Dammmnnnnnnn

danthefan

Here in Ireland one of the independent retailers is saying he's never had such demand for a game, and that from talking to his suppliers he thinks there's going to be a shortage of the game for the week after release. I know it's made by a brilliant studio and is Sony first party but it's still great to see a brand new IP doing so well.

creyas

Preordered, 62 eur gone.. probably going to hook up the PS3 to my projector and have a proper summer weekend. #HYPE

Top Bottom