• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

I agree, the shooting mechanics of Uncharted 2 are very poor and easily the biggest downside to the entire game.

They're not that bad, though. Turning the difficulty down to Easy solved my issues with that aspect of the game just fine.

Does Last of Us use the same shooting mechanics as the Uncharted series? Or does it actually feel like I'm shooting something other than a sponge?

Flek

Banned
Better design, has an audio jack that can be used with phones/laptops/mobile etc.

Main thing is the BassImpact technology it has in it. That stuff is great for when you really want to feel explosions and rumbling and such.

ok but this doesnt justify 60 euros more over the normal ones right?

anyway thx a lot guys i ordered the sonys and if i don´t like them (never had any wirless headsets without noise problems!) iam going to try the

Audio Technica M50s

but what else do i need to use them for the ps3?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Does Last of Us use the same shooting mechanics as the Uncharted series? Or does it actually feel like I'm shooting something other than a sponge?

Head shots, my friend.

Also I believe you can play this without shooting as often as a regular third person shooter (which this game isn't).

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
ok but this doesnt justify 60 euros more over the normal ones right?

Just a preference. I had the original Wireless Headset before selling them and upgrading to the Elite version and I found the Elite version way better, but that's just me.

I also only paid like $15 out of pocket for them, so yeah. :lol

Just watch the first 20min.

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT
How is this possible? Literally everyone, every single person, every poster, every reviewer loves the opening. I have a vague idea of what happens, but even in movies and books, those types of scenes haven't been exactly powerful. Action packed, tense, but never sad or heart wrenching

Is TLOU's opening so powerful because it's interactive? Compared to the same type of scenes in other forms of media?

Flek

Banned
Just a preference. I had the original Wireless Headset before selling them and upgrading to the Elite version and I found the Elite version way better, but that's just me.

I also only paid like $15 out of pocket for them, so yeah. :lol

but do you think they are future proof (ps4?)?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
FACE, either edit your post or get ready for the shitstorm.

The game is not out yet nor is this a spoiler thread.

but do you think they are future proof (ps4?)?

They work with your PC and use a simple USB adaptor, so it should work. But then again, there's no guarantee.

For me personally, I returned the Pulse elites because I found the battery life to be too short (4-5 hours) and too uncomfortable for me (lots of clamping force).

LuuKyK

I am weak and watched it too. Wtf. :( All my friends were talking about it anyway, so I wouldnt be much safer for long. Its just as incredible as I thought it would be.

Intro spoilers:
It's a giant cutscene where you occasionally nudge the analog stick forward, I don't see why it's so impressive.

lol I dont even.
Its just the start of the game to set the plot. What sets it apart from the rest is the raw emotion in it. Impossible to not get emotional with the voice acting and realism of it, unless you already started watching it wanting to not like it. ;)

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
damn people like you made me order the ps3 official headset for this game alone… i hope it can keep up with my expectations though.

also don´t know if this wasn´t wasted money … how high is the chance that the headset will work wit the ps4 !?
They should since this are plug and play on the PC so you would imagine Sony would make this compatible with ps4, I do prefer this over the pulse elite headset, they are way more comfortable and the only sound difference is a little better bass on the elite, not worth the extra money, right now the ones I got are on sale on amazon for 76 bucks and my girl got them price matched on best buy, $81 with taxes, really cheap for great sound quality, great battery life, man I was playing uncharted 3 yesterday for like 4 hours and the battery still shows full, go get them!

vladdamad

So how would the people who have played this already compare The Last of Us to The Walking Dead? I realise that they are really different in terms of gameplay, but which game would you guys say executes the zombie apocalypse in video game format better?

Dudes come on, it's great you either have the game or watched bits online or whatever but it's not out yet and it would be better for us that are still in the dark to not see black bars and links everywhere.

Save it for the spoiler thread, or make one to talk about it there.

Here in England all games are pretty much released on a Friday.

Yep (I'm in Ireland) and it makes more sense too cos Friday is payday and you have the weekend to play. Sucks cos it's further away though but E3 would ruin my play time of this game if it came tuesday.

traveler

Not Wario
I had been on an unintentional blackout for the past year out of disinterest. No point in watching stuff this close to release. Might as well wait.

Intro spoilers:
It's a giant cutscene where you occasionally nudge the analog stick forward, I don't see why it's so impressive.

To be fair, if you're a Naughty Dog fan in the first place- especially someone who considers the Uncharteds the pinnacle of this generation- this probably doesn't lower your opinion of it in any way.

Bucca

They should since this are plug and play on the PC so you would imagine Sony would make this compatible with ps4, I do prefer this over the pulse elite headset, they are way more comfortable and the only sound difference is a little better bass on the elite, not worth the extra money, right now the ones I got are on sale on amazon for 76 bucks and my girl got them price matched on best buy, $81 with taxes, really cheap for great sound quality, great battery life, man I was playing uncharted 3 yesterday for like 4 hours and the battery still shows full, go get them!

The thing about the original Wireless Headset being more comfortable is definitely true. The Elite tend to hurt the top of my head after a while of having them on and I usually end up adjusting them around my head :lol.

Tempted to pick up one of those headsets for this game as well, although my TV already has decent sound as it is. I've never played a console game on headphones before and it sounds like this one would be ideal for it.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
The thing about the original Wireless Headset being more comfortable is definitely true. The Elite tend to hurt the top of my head after a while of having them on and I usually end up adjusting them around my head :lol.
I usually can't use headset because my ears start to hurt rather quick, with this is a breeze, very comfortable

Bucca

I usually can't use headset because my ears start to hurt rather quick, with this is a breeze, very comfortable

Same here. But both the original and Elite have the best comfort my ears have ever felt in terms of headphones. Sony really hit the nail on the head in that department.

Tempted to pick up one of those headsets for this game as well, although my TV already has decent sound as it is. I've never played a console game on headphones before and it sounds like this one would be ideal for it.

Every big game like this should be played on Headphones, it's an insult to the audio team to play through speakers. ND have insane audio production values and with a decent set of headphones you will be amazed by just how much you were missing before, especially in regards to low end bass.

Really wish I still had my 5.1 Onkyo set up. But it was too noisy where I lived and since moving I really regret selling it :(

AEREC

I have little to no interest in this game for some reason but I'm kinda wanting to get it just based on all the perfect scores. I'm sure ill enjoy it...as I do with all ND games.

I have little to no interest in this game for some reason but I'm kinda wanting to get it just based on all the perfect scores. I'm sure ill enjoy it...as I do with all ND games.

If you already like ND games then you have to get this game.
Also, try the demo and see what you think of it.

Every big game like this should be played on Headphones, it's an insult to the audio team to play through speakers. ND have insane audio production values and with a decent set of headphones you will be amazed by just how much you were missing before, especially in regards to low end bass.

Really wish I still had my 5.1 Onkyo set up. But it was too noisy where I lived and since moving I really regret selling it :(
Thanks, dude. I think you sold me on picking up a pair. Can't wait.

gadwn

How is this possible? Literally everyone, every single person, every poster, every reviewer loves the opening. I have a vague idea of what happens, but even in movies and books, those types of scenes haven't been exactly powerful. Action packed, tense, but never sad or heart wrenching

Is TLOU's opening so powerful because it's interactive? Compared to the same type of scenes in other forms of media?

You nailed it with the interactive part. And the attention to detail is just mind blowing, just like the acting.

This game feels nothing like Uncharted imho. The bullet impact and the sound effects are much much better. Still takes to many bullets to down a enemy though.

rapid32.5

Went to GS today to preorder my copy, the clerk said they are nearing 32000 copies preordered and midnight launch is gonna be crazy.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
This is getting stupid, where are the mods? Ban all this people talking about the start of the game and the ones posting spoiler tags! The game isn't even out!

Top Bottom