• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

soulx

Banned
Just watched the intro. Calm your tits guys, it's really good but not blow your mind pants-jizzingly awesome game of the forever like everyone here and on Reddit are making it seem.

That said, I'll be trading in my Vita for a PS3 just to play this. It's been getting a ton of praise and I'd like to check it out for myself.

Pranay

Feel like i'm the only one who hasn't seen it yet...

Dont see it, get your hype down, you will love it more.

People here as usual comparing with other games. You cant compare it tbh. All great intro of games are epic for their own reason, Gow for scale, biochock for art and design, for last of us once you see it you will get it.

TBH if you see it now, not a big deal honestly.

You will just notice how people are over hyping themselves lol then they should.

Chris R

Where is the best place to get this from deal wise NAgaf? Assuming I won't ever play the online that is (because I won't)

Superflat

Feedbackula - The Last of Us Rageapalooza!

From GameSpot, what a terrible fucking video.

Yikes, made me cringe. Why give so much attention to shit comments? It's not out of place for raving fans, but I think professionals shouldn't indulge them with a similarly mean-spirited/mocking video. It makes it look like stuff like this really affects them, no matter how retarded they try to make commentators look with "funny voices".

Since there seems to be many people trying to spoil the ending on sites like Youtube and Twitch, how the hell do they know that? Do they have the game or did somebody leak it to them or are they just guessing to piss us off?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Since there seems to be many people trying to spoil the ending on sites like Youtube and Twitch, how the hell do they know that? Do they have the game or did somebody leak it to them or are they just guessing to piss us off?

Some stores broke the street date man, a shitload of people have the game already.

Well there's both people who have gotten it early and the game leaked some time ago I think, so getting story spoilers shouldn't be too hard...

Wouldn't be surprised if some spoilers posted are also fake though, just people trying to make it up.

Superflat

Just watched the intro. Calm your tits guys, it's really good but not blow your mind pants-jizzingly awesome game of the forever like everyone here and on Reddit are making it seem.

I haven't seen it yet and I'm excited to see the intro that everyone is talking about, but I think it's important not to have/give people such incredibly high expectations at 00:00 of the game.

If you want the experience that reviewers are talking about, you have to go in with anticipation more than expectation. It's awesome to hear the game is amazing but always liberally season with salt, just in case.

Also just wanted to say I'm glad that many reviews are citing specific issues that the game has, but still feel strongly enough to feel it's a must-play in a literal sense.

Why isn't today Friday? Excitement levels for TLOU>E3 at the moment.

Well there's both people who have gotten it early and the game leaked some time ago I think, so getting story spoilers shouldn't be too hard...

Wouldn't be surprised if some spoilers posted are also fake though, just people trying to make it up.

Ok, because I think somebody spoiled the game for me just to be a dick. Fuck Youtubers.

Madridy

I finished the game and I don't know how someone can spoil the ending w/o context.

I just don't see a one sentance spoiler mean anything to someone who have not played it yet.

Unless they're spoiling minor and insignificant details about the ending.

Flek

Banned
No, pick stereo headphones. The headphones will do the VSS on their own.

but then again how the hell does this work?

if i chose stero the ps3 only sends out the information for 2 channels (l+r) right?
the headphones then emulate surround? But how is this accurate?

antitrop

I finished the game and I don't know how someone can spoil the ending w/o context.

I just don't see a one sentance spoiler mean anything to someone who have not played it yet.

I knew the technical ending of Bioshock Infinite before I played it, but without knowing the context the information was rather meaningless.

Even knowing what I knew I wasn't able to put everything together until I was right at the end. And when the moment happened at the end, I was still surprised because of the way that it happened and what the ending "really meant".

If anything, perhaps knowing the ending of Bioshock made it that much more special, because I spent the entire game trying to figure out how what I knew applied to the story. And since I wasn't able to, even knowing the ending, I suppose I was that much more impressed by it.

My friend who got it early is telling me this shit is gud and he isn't too easily impressed so theres that. Hype rising.

There might be copies floating around here but I already preordered digitally :(. I think I got Killzone 2 a lil early at the local store.

creyas

That's good to hear.

Mr. RHC

Time to get comfortable, guys and gals.
We have the potential game of the generation to discuss in here.

Ughh, Uncharted 2 was even made by the same developer, and that game was pretty good.

The definition of game of the generation you seem to have bugs me. A game of the generation does not merely rely on inflated numbered scores but defines or redefines a genre for good.

OK, I'm out. People really need to think before they type.

antitrop

Ughh, Uncharted 2 was even made by the same developer, and that game was pretty good.

The definition of game of the generation you seem to have bugs me. A game of the generation does not merely rely on inflated numbered scores but redefines a genre for good.
My definition of "Game of the Generation" would be "the best game that has been released since Fall 2005".

For me that's pretty much a tie between Bioshock Infinite and Red Dead Redemption, but I think The Last of Us has the most potential to leave those two games in the dust.

My previous Game of the Generation was Resident Evil 4 and the one before that was Final Fantasy VII.

The definition of game of the generation you seem to have bugs me. A game of the generation does not merely rely on inflated numbered scores but defines or redefines a genre for good.

What? A GOTG is just a really well made game and the best that has come out since the PS360 came out. It doesn't have to redefine anything.

bigace33

This will be the first game I buy for my PS3 since MGS4 (It's been 5 years 0_0)

BooThisMan.gif

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Nah, your game of the generation idea is wonky, a GotG does not need to change a genre, it just needs to be the best thing to come out of a generation (and scores don't matter as a personal opinion).

iNvid02

yeah i dont think it has to redefine a genre.

RDR is the game that currently sits atop my list, i reckon tlou or GTA5 will give it a run for its money

So last year Dolan concluded everything was Uncharted. What are the chances that at E3 2014 everything will be The Last of Us?

I guess we need to see the sales first.

antitrop

Boooo. Where's the Dark Souls love??

That was my GOTG so far, followed by Uncharted 2
Dark Souls is in my Top 5.
I expect The Last of Us to knock each game down 1 peg.

1. Red Dead Redemption
1. Bioshock Infinite
3. Dark Souls
4. Spec Ops: The Line
5. Guitar Hero Franchise (played them all for thousands of hours, not going to apologize)

Sorian

Banned
I'll have to agree with anti on this one. RDR and Bioshock Infinite sit at the top of my list with RDR barely nosing ahead. We will see what TLOU brings to the table.

Edit: Ah, I guess I don't agree 100% :p

Sn4ke_911

So last year Dolan concluded everything was Uncharted. What are the chances that at E3 2014 everything will be The Last of Us?

I guess we need to see the sales first.

The weird thing is TLoU is confirmed to be at E3. I mean what do they want to show? MP? i have seen enough of this game. I hope they just have the game on the show floor and not a presentation.

Is this still sitting on 95 on Metacritic?

Not that I think that site is gospel, just interesting to compare. Would check but on my phone's slow internet.

Is this still sitting on 95 on Metacritic?

Not that I think that site is gospel, just interesting to compare. Would check but on my phone's slow internet.

Dark Souls is in my Top 5.
I expect The Last of Us to knock each game down 1 peg.

1. Red Dead Redemption
1. Bioshock Infinite
3. Dark Souls
4. Spec Ops: The Line
5. Guitar Hero Franchise (played them all for thousands of hours, not going to apologize)

Never got to play RDR since I sold my PS3 for a PC at the time, now that I'm getting one again I'mma be all over it. I played it a little on a friends 360 and it was pretty great looking, very atmospheric.

My list, in no order cos fuck that too hard, would be:
Bioshock
Uncharted 2
Dark Souls
Metro Last Light
The Witcher 2

There are many games that could squeeze into the list maybe but I think I am certain on these ones. I enjoyed the heck out of Spec ops too though, one of the best surprises I've ever had in gaming. TLOU will likely squeeze in there too

iNvid02

Boooo. Where's the Dark Souls love??

That was my GOTG so far, followed by Uncharted 2

its definitely in there somewhere, pretty high up. but each time i do a top 10 list everything changes. all i know for sure is i had the most wonderful time with RDR

as for dark souls, i was totally gonna skip it until durante swooped in and saved the day, bought it from GMG like 2 mins afterwards lol

antitrop

I can not agree that the final 1/3 of Dark Souls was poor. I enjoyed it as much as the rest of the game, as far as my memory goes.

Playing Uncharted 2 for the first time. Hated the musem part but the rest is pretty good. Can't wait for TLOU!
We're the same person.

DukeBobby

I'm 90% sure that The Last of Us will be the new number 1.

1. Bioshock
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum
4. The Darkness
5. Metro: Last Light

Sn4ke_911

I hate myself for watching both Demon Souls and Dark Souls on a live stream. I never played those games .... i will make sure that won't happen again with Dark Souls 2.

23:39 p.m.
Returned from birthday party (yeah, we all have to work on monday)
slightly drunk
I still want this game as soon as possible. I need it.
2 days minimum..,2 days....or more....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

OK, awesome. I'm bailing out of this thread now. This is exactly the one bit of info I wanted to hear. I was hoping this would be the case.

Top Bottom