• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I've tried to avoid details about this game but, after seeing the recent TV ads, in the movie version I've had playing in my mind, I see George Clooney and, playing under her age, Ellen Page, as Joel and Ellie. I apologize...

Gadirok

jbtbr2kDmo8Cme.jpg

I'll give the old man a break until next week.

The infection is spreading.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm getting it next week but I am not quite as excited as most of you guys. The gaming press continues to overrate the fuck out of almost all big releases nowadays.

So, how are the comics doing? Are there more? Is it successful?

Does anyone have the background wallpaper found when you highlight the demo on PS3? I want it as a background-- the B&W one of JEllie

Animator

I am sad I will not be able to play this because my monitor has no HDMI input and I have no TV or I would have bought a PS3 just for this.

antitrop

I'm getting it next week but I am not quite as excited as most of you guys. The gaming press continues to overrate the fuck out of almost all big releases nowadays.
The impressions from the few people actually playing the game in the Review Thread seemed to line up perfectly with the reviews.

Man I've had to avoid podcasts, threads, reviews and so much media about this game. I need it already.

Have reviews talked about how much surround sound improves the game?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
This game has some pitch black humor.

Case in point. Ellie to Joel:
You got something on your shoe.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The impressions from the few people actually playing the game in the Review Thread seemed to line up perfectly with the reviews.

Don't spoil my hatred. Someone has to take Derricks place. Someone that isn't so in your face with it.

If you're on media blackout, don't click my link.

The rest of you - if you haven't, for some reason, played the demo from God of War Ascension, I decided to record my play-through of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qddjtOn0_c

Oh and I only talk before the game starts and as soon as the demo is over to keep from being annoying with my gasping and shrieking from terror :p

Man I've had to avoid podcasts, threads, reviews and so much media about this game. I need it already.

Have reviews talked about how much surround sound improves the game?

Shouldn't need reviews to tell you something as obvious as that, surround sound improves every game immensely and especially a ND game with the huge range of options (Dolby,DTS,LPCM). Also it's a game that relies heavily on audio cues at times so I'd say it will improve it a LOT

chrono01

Nice OT!

I'm pretty excited for this one. I'm currently finishing the games I'm in the middle of, so once I receive my copy I can focus purely on The Last of Us.

The time will soon be upon us!

Can't wait to get my copy!!!! I'm getting it for my birthday (next Wed) but I'm not sure who's getting it for me, the wife or one of my bros.

The_Monk

I've already posted this in the Review thread but I was thinking you guys would find this nice.

---

Fellow GAFfers I know this is kind off topic but I thought GAF would find these interesting.

How Lisbon (Portugal) would look in The Last of Us setting

Before:

NHK82hHl.jpg

After:

gC5ni4Bl.jpg

Before:

VXc1cbbl.jpg

After:

AgPltuwl.jpg

---

PS: I want the Steelbook Case SO BAD :( I would even pay some € for just the Case Only.

Shouldn't need reviews to tell you something as obvious as that, surround sound improves every game immensely and especially a ND game with the huge range of options (Dolby,DTS,LPCM). Also it's a game that relies heavily on audio cues at times so I'd say it will improve it a LOT
Yeah I know so little about SS gaming and never use it but I figure this would be a great game to start out on.

Top Bottom