• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

I had no idea until a couple of days ago that Ashley, the actress who plays Ellie, was the little girl on Growing Pains.

Mind blown.

Vymm5K8.jpg

Teknoman

With all the unique setting melting your eyes don't forget to give Sound a proper chance too. The sound design in this game feels truly amazing and with a surround Headset you will feel that you are, indeed there. Sound can be as immersive as the Storytelling and it can create the same amount of impact that visuals do in a game. And don't forget, you can listen but they can also hear you...

Wait...what?

Also are the pulse headsets with that bass vibration setting better than the original PS3 headset?

Vire

This game is single-handedly causing me a ton of stress. There's a PS3 bundle on Newegg with a bunch of games, a PSN card and an extra controller for 380, but with E3 around the corner, what happens if they drop the price? WHAT DO I DO???

Goddamn I want this game. My girlfriend is actually interested in it, and she's the furthest thing from a dedicated gamer I've ever personally known. You and your team have that effect on people, Neil. I hope that, beyond the game's commercial and critical success, that that is the largest takeaway you can have from developing this game.

I'd just wait till Monday.

I'm sure there will be a price cut, and you'll still have time before the game releases.

Picked up a HDTV just for this game today. After playing the demo in SD I feel it doesn't do the game justice. Also using headphones for the playthrough. I'm ready.

antitrop

This game is easily within my top 3 most anticipated games ever.

Which is crazy considering I'm primarily a PC gamer and not a fan of the Uncharted franchise, or even Naughty Dog in general.

Fixed1979

With all the unique setting melting your eyes don't forget to give Sound a proper chance too. The sound design in this game feels truly amazing and with a surround Headset you will feel that you are, indeed there. Sound can be as immersive as the Storytelling and it can create the same amount of impact that visuals do in a game. And don't forget, you can listen but they can also hear you...

Is this 720 or 1080? I may bust out the HMZ for the first time in forever if it's 720.

Vire

This game is easily within my top 3 most anticipated games ever.

Which is crazy considering I'm primarily a PC gamer and not a fan of the Uncharted franchise, or even Naughty Dog in general.

Didn't you say this like 2 months ago with Bioshock Infinite? :lol

The_Monk

Wait...what?

Also are the pulse headsets with that bass vibration setting better than the original PS3 headset?

I believe so fellow GAFfer. From other GAFfers they praise those Headsets so you should be fine. My Headset is not the best one, it's a Tritton but they are more than fine to give a great vibe for this game!

---

Well, if they can't hear you, at least some, can see you. And if you can hear them you can avoid being seen... :p

antitrop

Didn't you say this like 2 months ago with Bioshock Infinite? :lol
Well, Bioshock Infinite was on PC and I was a fan of the first Bioshock game as well as System Shock 2 and Thief, so I don't really think it's the same situation.
My hype for Bioshock Infinite didn't start until the OT went up. I've been hyped for Last of Us since E3 last year.

Of all things, Grandia II was my most anticipated game ever. It was a long first year as a Dreamcast owner with no good JRPGs to play at a time when I was very much into JRPGs.

Can anyone share cool moments with the enemy AI? I want to hear how smart, dynamic, etc. the AI is. Balance of Power ftw

Just no spoilery stuff like locations...

nib95

Banned
risky to put anything these days :v
tried making a spoiler free thread the second time =_=

Pranay Mohan ‏@FolkGamer 2m
@Neil_Druckmann Hope you like it =)

Neil Druckmann ‏@Neil_Druckmann 2m
@FolkGamer It's rad. Thanks!

yay

Well deserved.

Quick

Banned
ibdcwFkDoJUWDS.gif

risky to put anything these days :v
tried making a spoiler free thread the second time =_=

Pranay Mohan ‏@FolkGamer 2m
@Neil_Druckmann Hope you like it =)

Neil Druckmann ‏@Neil_Druckmann 2m
@FolkGamer It's rad. Thanks!

yay

Nice.

Pranay

BTW Thanks antitrop, nvid02, , bad dude , andrew and tricky :b

redid the entire op in 1 hr for you guys , you guys were waiting too long i

Quick and Flek , you guys are awesome <3

Vire

Well, Bioshock Infinite was on PC and I was a fan of the first Bioshock game as well as System Shock 2 and Thief, so I don't really think it's the same situation.
My hype for Bioshock Infinite didn't start until the OT went up. I've been hyped for Last of Us since E3 last year.

Of all things, Grandia II was my most anticipated game ever. It was a long first year as a Dreamcast owner with no good JRPGs to play at a time when I was very much into JRPGs.

As was the rest of GAF. ;)

Also, seriously is there anyone in South Florida who has been able to get this game? I'm willing to drive at least 3 hours to get this.

DukeBobby

Ellie looks a lot like Ellen Page in that banner.

She may be the first character under the age of 18 who I've not despised.

Well, other than Clementine, of course. Can't really think of any others.

Quick

Banned
Ellie looks a lot like Ellen Page in that banner.

She may be the first character under the age of 18 who I've not despised.

Well, other than Clementine, of course. Can't really think of any others.

No one with a heart can hate on Clementine.

spannicus

Hey projectors are great!!! Thanks to what I seen on gaf I made the jump and bought me an hd20 Optoma 1080 p projector with a Favi 120 inch screen and i will never go back to reg. Televisions.

Played the demo two days ago on my Optoma Projector, kind of thinking I need a new bulb because the brightness seemed to be flickering, but yeah Projector surround Sound or good headphones= pure bliss.

Maedhros

There's a video for the first minutes out there isn't it? Where's it?

Are the graphics better than the demo, btw? I played it on a 42" HDTV and it looked pretty rough sometimes. The sound and art direction made up for it though.

Quick

Banned
BTW Thanks antitrop, nvid02, , bad dude , andrew and tricky :b

redid the entire op in 1 hr for you guys , you guys were waiting too long i

Quick and Flek , you guys are awesome <3

No problem. Glad the banners actually worked out okay.

The_Monk

Every gaffer in the review thread last 5 hrs , i need a sleep i guess @_@ worked from 1 am to 7 am

You shall pass... for now! Now go to sleep fellow GAFfer.

Thank you and take care we'll see you tomorrow.

Also, hope we can add GAF Clan on the first page, I'm in!

antitrop

You shall pass... for now! Now go to sleep fellow GAFfer.
Thank you and take care we'll see you tomorrow.
Also, hope we can add GAF Clan on the first page, I'm in!
I was originally going to rent this game, but in the last few days I have decided to purchase it instead.

I can see myself jumping in some multiplayer, a clan would be cool.

There's a video for the first minutes out there isn't it? Where's it?
I wouldn't recommend watching it. I saw it before I went to work and I have to say it's probably best to experience it when you play it. It's really the first game that sent chills throughout my body when I watched it. Who knew that a game in the first 15 minutes could do that.

Top Bottom