• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II was released 4 years ago

Bernardougf

Then how is it a good game to you if the latter part of your comment says otherwise? Confused.
I consider Elden Ring a good game and also a shit tier Souls game / sequel to dark souls ... as a game ? Normal to Good .. as a true souls game ? Dogshit.

Dont know if is this what he meant.. but... I tried.

Nigel

The gameplay was perfect. My biggest gripe was the pacing of the narrative, and once I got to liking Abbey I had to switch back to Ellie. I suppose that was the point? Given the ending & Ellie’s choice.

I did somewhat like the ending, but feel the ending would’ve been better if Ellie had killed Abbey. Considering Ellie lost her fingers, her means of playing guitar and ultimately her final connection to Joel - the ending would’ve been bitter sweet.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Celebrating 4 years with no sales numbers.... again.
As many people have said, graphics, gameplay is what you expect from ND, narrative, characters & story was clearly written by lesser skilled writer than the first.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Oh the part where they replaced the zombies with religious people? Then Ellie strangles one and whispers “Adam and Steve bitch” in his ear?

Or maybe that was me saying that out loud while playing.
I'll just say it's an unnecessary section.

Varteras

My favourite part was when my expectations were subverted by a 9 iron.

Well, depending on which end you used, I would imagine it would be a bit of a- OH! You meant the game.... haha... yeah.

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

As many people have said, graphics, gameplay is what you expect from ND, narrative, characters & story was clearly written by lesser skilled writer than the first.

The leak also revealed something about the sales:

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Banned
Incredible gameplay with a decent story that has some issues with pacing. Say what you want about the characters and the story, but the game itself is GOATed. They are crazy for scrapping the multiplayer.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Then how is it a good game to you if the latter part of your comment says otherwise? Confused.
Because of the story that could have been much better, the death of an important character, few of the new characters are charismatic. That also affects the experience.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Personally hated it. Blatantly woke, poorly paced and badly written. Overall pretty boring to me.

Gotta admit the gameplay, while simple and being "the usual stuff" for those kinds of games, felt very smooth and polished. Liked that it had dogs as enemies, since having an enemy sniff you while trying to be stealthy felt pretty tense.

Never made it to the Abby section, Ellie's was too boring to me, but I heard that part is better.
Honestly Abby's section are better in Gameplay.

Awesome game. Still shocked after 4 years the amount of hate it gets. Was it as good as part 1, probably not. Not many games are, but it was still a damn good experience. The gameplay and animations are top top tier. My only grip with the game is the pacing is def a little odd. Playing as Ellie, getting to what you think is the climax of the story to then just play as Abby and basically have the same thing happen when you play as her does throw it off a little bit.

midnightAI

Amazing game, just a shame the leaks happened which killed off any shock value, without those leaks could have been one of the most shocking moments in any video game.

(And one of the reasons I hate leaks, especially of that much importance. Gameshow leaks are kinda, eh, whatever, but full on spoilers is just scummy and for this game pretty much unavoidable)

Last edited:
One of the few games that I stopped playing because it was just an all-around miserable experience and I couldn't force myself to continue.

TGO

The leak also revealed something about the sales:
Yeah we already knew it sold 10mil back in 2022.
It's the radio silence since then when Santa Monica, Insomniac & Guerrilla Games have celebrated their 10/15 & 20mil mile stones in shorter time periods.
Take in account that they've release the Remaster 5 months ago too and still haven't reported numbers that includes that release either.
Considering it's PlayStation's Flagship title seems a bit uncharacteristic of them.
Unless...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's the radio silence since then when Santa Monica, Insomniac & Guerrilla Games have celebrated their 10/15 & 20mil mile stones in shorter time periods.
Take in account that they've release the Remaster 5 months ago too and still haven't reported numbers that includes that release either.
Considering it's PlayStation's Flagship title seems a bit uncharacteristic of them.
Unless...
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

tommib

Gold Member
Unless...
Wasn’t there a spreadsheet showing Part II as the second most lucrative PlayStation game ever?

TGO

Wasn’t there a spreadsheet showing Part II as the second most lucrative PlayStation game ever?
Yes as of 2022, despite GOW having double the units sold.
How that works I do not know, other than the asking price

nial

Yes as of 2022, despite GOW having double the units sold.
How that works I do not know, other than the asking price
God of War had many more discounts throughout its lifecycle, plus TLOU2 was never bundled with PS4 outside of the limited edition for PS4 Pro.

Business

Technically an absolute masterpiece. Ruined the series' universe for me with a ridiculously woke mess of a story and dragged way too long for its own good. Multiplayer without the need to reinvent the wheel could have saved it but we know how that ended.

bender

What time is it?
knap-mooie.gif

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
One of my top ten games of all time. I was completely absorbed into the story upon release and couldn't put it down. Everything from the graphics, physics and attention to detail left me awestruck. Naughty Dog is the the gold standard imo.

UQBIEKB.jpeg

Muffdraul

Dial back this level of culture war gaslighting discourse.
I came for the masterpiece in stealth and open combat game mechanics and design. One of true GOATs.

I stayed for the endless salty tears streaming down the faces of butt hurt alt right incels around the globe, performing all of the mental gymnastics and overdosing on copium to convince themselves "Joel did nothing wrong!"

EDIT: This place still has mods?!

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I came for the masterpiece in stealth and open combat game mechanics and design. One of true GOATs.

I stayed for the endless salty tears streaming down the faces of butt hurt alt right incels around the globe, performing all of the mental gymnastics and overdosing on copium to convince themselves "Joel did nothing wrong!"
Devs getting death threats was particularly embarrassing. I couldn't comprehend wishing harm towards someone because of a fucking computer game. Astronomically pathetic!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Absolutely loved this game. Between the first and second, I probably like the first one a bit more, but Part 2 was also incredible. I love how flawed and complex some of the characters are. It really does a good job of making you love them one minute, and hate them the next. Game toys with my emotions.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
4 years? Where is part III? I supposed based on the last one we are waiting until 2027.

DonF

this game... i dont care about the story but the pacing...horrible pacing. I just cant with the exposition, the slow walking and talking and a bit of lame semi open world, some exploring and then if you are lucky, a little bit of combat. I think its terrible.

Part I is one of the all time greats, part 2 misses so many marks. Yeah, it looks amazing, but it barely plays. Thats why the new game mode is soo good.

GrayDock

ND, listen me for the part III:
A new imune girl/boy will show up, and they ask Ellie to take her/him to the same hospital of the first one, where the equipment is still there, since she knows the way but she refuses at first, and decide to keep her normal life. A outbreak happens on her area and Dina dies, and them she decides to go with the new imune kid. Game happens, meet people, kill people, zombies, meet Abby, help Abby, get help from Abby, Abby dies, gameplay, etc. In the end, at the hospital with the kid, she decides to sacrifice herself for the cure, letting the kid live. Cliche, I know, but it would be a good finale IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom