• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

As a new player I wish there was a way to just start a game by yourself to get to know the maps.

There is. Select "Private Match" in Supply Raid or Survivors and you'll be able to run around solo.

Edit: it won't work in Interrogation unless you have at least one other player with you.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I love this game. Never played mp on ps3 so I dived right into it on ps4. So damn good. Feel free to add me.

PSN: gr1mj0w

zkorejo

OMG this has to be the WORST match making I have EVER seen in any MP game I have played.

I have been waiting for a match for the last 45 minutes. What the hell...!

Strider

OMG this has to be the WORST match making I have EVER seen in any MP game I have played.

I have been waiting for a match for the last 45 minutes. What the hell...!

If you dont find a game after a couple minutes always back out and start the search over. It works much better that way.

Hopefully it will be working properly soon though so we won't have to bother with it.

I'm having a small, but annoying, issue with the MP. When I'm jogging and I decide to turn left or right slightly to check my corners for supplies/enemies or whatever, my character goes from jogging to walking, instead of transitioning smoothly from front-facing jog to side-facing jog.

As I said, it's only a small annoyance. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It's not my controller either because it doesn't do it in the SP.

velociraptor

Are all the perks and new weapons locked behind a paywall?

The hit detection/netcode is atrocious. Some guy shived me from 1 meter away.

Besides that, I am having a ton of fun with the game. Easily one of the best MP experiences.

It seems like they made the bow a lot stronger though. I don't ever remember it being this powerful in the PS3 version.

I also am liking the new maps.

Matchmaking takes FUCKING FOREVER though. I've spent more time on the menu screens than in game.

GQman2121

Banned
My journey as a Fire Fly and Hunter are now complete.

FKTlblw.jpg

CozMick

Banned
Why the fuck am I getting punished for steamrolling to a 4-0 victory in Survival?

Game finishes 4-3. I get approx 115 supplies.

Game finishes 4-0. I get approx 50 supplies.

Its almost as if I have to match fix to get enough supplies, which is dumb.

Naughty Dog should consider a higher payout depending on the final amount of round wins per team.

Alienous

Why the fuck am I getting punished for steamrolling to a 4-0 victory in Survival?

Naughty Dog should consider a higher payout depending on the final amount of round wins per team.

They should take an average of the supplies you earned in the rounds you played, multiply it by the amount of unplayed potential rounds, and give those supplies to you at the end of the match.

Sometimes I have no idea what the MP team at Naughty Dog is thinking.

The bow is so overpowered it's actually annoying.

Have my headset on full and you can't hear where it's coming from, and it's 2 hit kill with armor on. Bullshit.

Thing needs to get nerfed ASAP for those of us who actually want a balanced skilled MP for once.

It's fine. The bow is only really good if they get the drop on you first. The bow user usually runs Covert Training 3 so that they can't be marked or appear on radar. That combination can be a pain for teams who don't communicate.

If anyone runs the hunting rifle (which I am doing more often in the PS4 version due to the smoothness), you can combat bow users quite easily, but the bow user's weakness is one on one confrontation.

Good games with Grinchy, where I was doing my best with the hunting rifle.

Gaf is sharpshooter effective for guns without scopes?

No. I run sharpshooter on my hunting rifle. It should also be effective on the upcoming weapon DLC drop.

Bow's powerful again? Thought any balancing in the PS3 version would've transferred to the PS4 version. lol Thing used to have a ridiculous firing rate, beating out many other weapons in their own intended firing range when coupled with the high damage per shot.

Gaf is sharpshooter effective for guns without scopes?

Yes. Reduced flinching will help you greatly in direct firefights if they get the first shot. If you can fire back to knock their aim off, you will win provided they aren't using Sharpshooter themselves. Rapid-fire weapons will also benefit from the healing effect.

There is also 'scope sway' with all weapons. It's just not very noticeable if you aren't using the Military Sniper. :p

Just finished both the main story and Left Behind and was about to start playing multiplayer. However, when searching for a game, it just stays on "searching for an optimal game."

KillGore

Can't believe some people hate this multiplayer, it seriously is one of the most unique MP I've played since gears of war 1 (honorable mention: starhawk)

So close to 120, then the matchmaking puts me in a losing game with 5-1 interrogation with 3 minutes left. Wow.

Edit: And it didn't count either when I pretty much turn the game around and had like 4000 points... godamntieteatiojh

catspit

Is there an easy way to complete the 2 (hunter/firefly) journey's? (tyophies MP) I think i read somewhere that it takes roughly 180 games to complete one.

drotahorror

Never played MP on PS3. Playing it now on PS4 though. Really awesome. I started out terrible, bottom of the scoreboards, and negative every game for about 3-4 games. Now I'm running the support premade class and topping charts and going positive every game.

I have to say though, the Bow is super cheesy.

Also, how do you level up? I'm on week 3 and I'm level 2. I didn't even hit 2 until after a few days of week 3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there an easy way to complete the 2 (hunter/firefly) journey's? (tyophies MP) I think i read somewhere that it takes roughly 180 games to complete one.

168 I think. Each 12 week journey is 84 days (matches). If you think you'll continue playing MP, just let it come naturally. I guess you could boost it with willing friends to speed it up a bit (especially with the slow matchmaking). Play survivor in a private match and win 4-0 every time would be quickest.

Never played MP on PS3. Playing it now on PS4 though. Really awesome. I started out terrible, bottom of the scoreboards, and negative every game for about 3-4 games. Now I'm running the support premade class and topping charts and going positive every game.

I have to say though, the Bow is super cheesy.

Also, how do you level up? I'm on week 3 and I'm level 2. I didn't even hit 2 until after a few days of week 3.

That's how it works. The 'level' just indicates how many weeks you've survived with your clan

hesido

I'm the guy who was a bit dissappointed very early in the SP campaign (So early, I hadn't met Ellie), luckily I'm hooked to the MP. Its style is unique and very visceral. I'm glad we have this thing next to CODs and BFs.

The window of opportunity to play any game is rather small, with a two year old and a -10 ten days old child, but anytime I got, I want to play this game.

That said, the matches go between absolute joy and borderline torture, depending on your team.

I have only played "deathmatch" so far but this is a bit awful to hear.. A set amount or an avaraged sum for every unplayed round should have been given..

Btw, I found that the easiest task to accomplish (to act against adverse events) is healing others. If you select the same task the requirements increase but I don't think it will be unmanageable unless the requirements increase in logarithmic fashion.

168 I think. Each 12 week journey is 84 days (matches). If you think you'll continue playing MP, just let it come naturally. I guess you could boost it with willing friends to speed it up a bit (especially with the slow matchmaking). Play survivor in a private match and win 4-0 every time would be quickest.

I was matched up with someone who played 287 games. He was dead last with 1000 points. lol

Canucked

Finally got all the map pack trophies. I missed water tower the two times I saw it before today because no one would vote for it.

If I partner up with anyone, I'll vote for the maps you want. Also just looking to progress through the hunter journey. Let me know if you want to play.

Finally got all the map pack trophies. I missed water tower the two times I saw it before today because no one would vote for it.

If I partner up with anyone, I'll vote for the maps you want. Also just looking to progress through the hunter journey. Let me know if you want to play.

I'm midway through week 9 and I haven't even played Hometown yet, lol. Its only come up twice as well but voted against both times.

AGoodODST

Multiplayer worked fine the first time I tried it but the last two days it has just stays on "searching for optimal game". Any fixes?

So, when I play with randoms, I'm suggesting them to follow, stay back, watch flanks, and giving them ideas of where the enemy is. Since I use headphones, it's hard not to talk.

Often, they actually listen, and a few times now, I'm getting randoms communicating back. Just now I played a game where a player admittedly "sucked", yet he's giving out cues and keeping up with us simply by communication.

Still very impressed with the entire MP package, I think ND did an excellent job. This game will hold me very nicely until the Destiny and the following October onslaught.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So, when I play with randoms, I'm suggesting them to follow, stay back, watch flanks, and giving them ideas of where the enemy is. Since I use headphones, it's hard not to talk.

Often, they actually listen, and a few times now, I'm getting randoms communicating back. Just now I played a game where a player admittedly "sucked", yet he's giving out cues and keeping up with us simply by communication.

I just can't talk - mostly play late at night so need to keep quiet.

Can you use the DS4 for a mic, at the same time as using the Sony gold for headphone audio? Thinking if I could run my iPad headphone socket into the ds4 headset socket, and use soundboard software to issue voice clips..

Here's a video of me taking out all 4 enemies in Survivors in about a minute.

I was with a really disorganized team where one player would go his own way and cost us. They improved when I got on mic but we couldn't beat them in the end.

The best advice I can give here is don't go for executions, but try to keep in mind where downed enemies are so that they don't get healed. It's sometimes a good idea to get the enemy's guard down by getting them to revive their friends, which is what I let them do, giving me the drop on the third guy. I was able to do this here because all the enemies were in one place. Usually, they are more spread out, making it more risky to let them get away.

So i finally unlocked my preferred helmet and emblem that i used on ps3. Now i can play the goddamn game without caring for stupid clan and farming supplies.

BuIclOUIYAEnGhA.jpg
BuIcrkUIEAEtkzD.jpg

To get it again on ps4 i had to go through that grinding frustrating hell all over again.
Fuck that stupid bullshit clan survivors metagame. Can't wait to let those fuckers starve !

Top Bottom