• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Is the bow overrpowed? I feel like a dick using it. I think new people (I'm new as well) really underestimate it right now.

I strongly dislike it, I feel like it's too good in close quarters.

^Dubz yeah it was doing that to us as well, despite joining with a full party and finding another 4 players.

HiiiLife

I strongly dislike it, I feel like it's too good in close quarters.

It's ridiculous how fast I'm downing people when its upgraded twice. People tend to hold L in firefights causing them to lose, but I do a little popshot with it similar to Gears, let go of L then strafe left/right for a split second then popshot again. Downed enemy in less than 2-3 seconds.

Might need to see how the hunting rifle differs.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Dear god this is the most frustrating multiplayer I have ever experienced. Ever..bar none.

the hit detection at times is just horrible. 3 burst rounds into the enemies chest, still standing, so I run up and melee him 2 or 3 times, he hits me twice and I die.

anyone else experience bullshit like that?

Gibran7

Nope, lots of gore here. Canadian version.

I've seen faces smashed in, limbs blown off and just about everything else you see in SP. You might just not be noticing it.

when someone is downed and they trigger a bomb is probably the highest level of gore, arms and legs flying off.

Ok good. Thanks. Just getting into MP so probably haven't played enough to see it. Just wanted to ask as I had heard some suggest it was dialed back.

ChawlieTheFair

It's ridiculous how fast I'm downing people when its upgraded twice. People tend to hold L in firefights causing them to lose, but I do a little popshot with it similar to Gears, let go of L then strafe left/right for a split second then popshot again. Downed enemy in less than 2-3 seconds.

Might need to see how the hunting rifle differs.

Yeah that's how I play with the hunting rifle, similar two shot chest/1 headshot down thing except the bolt and in-scope aiming are pretty slow. The only real advantage I can see the hunting rifle having is that it's easier to use over super long distances, but there's not many maps or situations where you will be setup for that regardless.

KageMaru

Does it usually take minutes to join a game? I've been trying to play with a friend for the Las half hour and only played one game so far.

HiiiLife

I like to think I move as good as I do in TLOU firefights due to how heavy Halo relies on strafing. I'm well aware the character movements in the two games are different and incomparable, but shit I do it anyway. Lol.

JB1981

Dear god this is the most frustrating multiplayer I have ever experienced. Ever..bar none.

the hit detection at times is just horrible. 3 burst rounds into the enemies chest, still standing, so I run up and melee him 2 or 3 times, he hits me twice and I die.

It's like there are invincibility frames that don't register. Very frustrating

I like to think I move as good as I do in TLOU firefights due to how heavy Halo relies on strafing. I'm well aware the character movements in the two games are different and incomparable, but shit I do it anyway. Lol.

I feel exactly the same. Maybe I just want a decade of Halo to amount to something.

ChawlieTheFair

Haven't used burst rifle, nut nah never really experienced anything like that. Maybe some unlucky lag?

HiiiLife

I feel exactly the same. Maybe I just want a decade of Halo to amount to something.

Its gotta be that, man. Shit I played Destiny and the Halo sniping nostalgia came back. I started racking up headshots like crazy. I honestly feel I'm better in certain aspects of TLOU online due to other games multiplayer. Especially the whole popshotting thing I picked up from Gears.

Jeramii

Banned
Room for 2. Anyone need a game, or have room?

Edit. My gamertag is Jeramii. Still need a game for 2 people, or want 2 in mine. Add me yo.

Double edit. Space for 1 now.

Its gotta be that, man. Shit I played Destiny and the Halo sniping nostalgia came back. I started racking up headshots like crazy. I honestly feel I'm better in certain aspects of TLOU online due to other games multiplayer. Especially the whole popshotting thing I picked up from Gears.

Yeah definitely. The strafing from Halo, the quick trigger finger from COD, the ability to move from cover well from Gears etc.

Darksol

If you feel like your team is too strong and want a horrible bow player who will keep his distance from the group, play inconsistently, and mute everyone, I'm your man.

PSN: komaschwarz

Zornack

Anyone need one more? ID: Zornack

Also, has anyone else noticed that the character model you see yourself as isn't the same as what other people see? I went to craft some stuff and over a teammate's mic I heard my character do the "hold up a minute" dialogue but it was a woman delvering the line while on my screen I was playing a man.

Jeramii

Banned
Anyone need one more? ID: Zornack

Also, has anyone else noticed that the character model you see yourself as isn't the same as what other people see? I went to craft some stuff and over a teammate's mic I heard my character do the "hold up a minute" dialogue but it was a woman delvering the line while on my screen I was playing a man.

Full at the moment. But if anything opens I'll invite you. Add me: Jeramii

Also, everyone sees different characters. You could be fireflies and I could be a hunter and if we play together I'll appear as a firefly on your screen.

Zareka

Before I head to bed, have a dumb video I threw together out of boredom after having this happen to me on MP.

The original was probably funnier. Anyway, have fun everyone and goodnight!
It's almost 6am. ;_;

Grinchy

Banned
Good games earlier with Zornack, zr0cool, and Alpha_Male. I wish it wasn't taking us so long to find games. And I wish I wasn't so off my game.

I'll be on tomorrow night too so hopefully we can link up again.

Top Bottom