• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

This MP needs a patch ASAP. Yesterday I tried to play some matches with GAF and we only played one game in about an hour, the rest was waiting in the lobby. It was never that bad on PS3.

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

dreamfall

This MP needs a patch ASAP. Yesterday I tried to play some matches with GAF and we only played one game in about an hour, the rest was waiting in the lobby. It was never that bad on PS3.

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

This is so true. When you're partied up with a group (usually four), it takes forever to matchmake. We had a great group of GAF homies tonight- some epic matches. Playing collaborative matches with good coordination, nothing feels better. This multiplayer is still so incredible!

The bow is so overpowered it's actually annoying.

Have my headset on full and you can't hear where it's coming from, and it's 2 hit kill with armor on. Bullshit.

Thing needs to get nerfed ASAP for those of us who actually want a balanced skilled MP for once.

TyrantII

Fuck this. Im done with this terrible multi player. Naught dog stick to single player games.

Stahp ruhhnin bra'

This game is the prefect combo of Socom with OG CS. Too much fun, and such a nice break for the turds that are most online gaming now a days. Especially survivors.

Tagg9

Have my headset on full and you can't hear where it's coming from, and it's 2 hit kill with armor on. Bullshit.

Thing needs to get nerfed ASAP for those of us who actually want a balanced skilled MP for once.

Respectfully disagree. The bow's reload time and aiming is beyond wonky IMO. I hate using it, and it only gives an advantage to someone who's really skilled with it.

bombshell

Only if it's shots to the legs where the armor doesn't protect you, so I'm not sure how that's specific to the bow.

Only if it's shots to the legs where the armor doesn't protect you, so I'm not sure how that's specific to the bow.

Just the fact that the bow is 2 hit kill, doesn't show up on radar, and nearly impossible to hear.

Sound should be increased, and rate of fire should be dropped.

Only thing that ever kills me in the game. Other than that; all 10-0 games when people don't use it :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm going to try the MP for the first time today, tips?

Stay with your group, use listen mode to check of enemy movement, suggest the support loadout initially - allows you to contribute and earn parts by healing/reviving but still gives you decent weapons too.

madp0k

Yeah, don't waste ur time on it, it's terrible. Only attached to the game so they can say "we have MP too".
Just silly deathmatch.

So much wrong in this post, easily one of the best mp's available today.

Advice would be stick with it, it has a steep learning curve but when played with mates it's great. Last night my TLoU virgins 'clicked' with it and we had some cracking games. Very few games have the combat so close and so deadly,can see us playing this for the entite gen or until SOCOM comes out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you make it to week 12, does it keep going, or do you start over and have to earn your upgrades over again? If I try for the platinum trophy I need to play as both hunter and firefly for 12 weeks - so will that reset my progress if I change characters?

Caleranatior

Neo Member
If you make it to week 12, does it keep going, or do you start over and have to earn your upgrades over again? If I try for the platinum trophy I need to play as both hunter and firefly for 12 weeks - so will that reset my progress if I change characters?

You start over at the end of the 12 weeks and get to choose between factions again.

I agree. My friend and I are so nasty with the bow. It's why I don't use it. Also being able to pick up your arrows allows for a lot of ammo.

Daffy Duck

MP is great with four friends but I wish it would stop splitting our party up and putting is on different teams

I've got a free £10 psn code, what weapon dlc pack is the best one to buy? Is there only one?

I need to try out the bow now, I'm intrigued. Its still quite far in the unlock tree but I should be able to use it in one of the preset loadout.

MP is great with four friends but I wish it would stop splitting our party up and putting is on different teams

I've got a free £10 psn code, what weapon dlc pack is the best one to buy? Is there only one?

Yeah I think there's only one.

scaffa

Really enjoying the multiplayer so far. It's very tense and I like the pacing a lot. Not rushing into things and sticking together and such.

Wish the matchmaking was a bit better. Takes awhile to get into a match and sometimes you need to find a new match again after the current one is finished. Is the matchmaking region based?

If anyone wants to party up and also my psn friend list is way to slim at the moment: Zotty_nl

Ryuuga

Banned
One of many things I love about this game is the penalty for people who quit mid-game. I was doing really well on the wharf (a map I never got a chance to play yet) and the team ended up leaving one by one. Down to the last minute it was one versus my original team:

10536647_709386615812574_1240116594978336137_o.jpg

Kudos to the guy who stuck around though especially since he joined halfway. The only flaw is for those who have unstable connections.

Respectfully disagree. The bow's reload time and aiming is beyond wonky IMO. I hate using it, and it only gives an advantage to someone who's really skilled with it.
The bow can be very annoying in anyone's hands. The fact that it doesn't show up on radar is what makes it a bit OP. We ran into an entire team using it, and they weren't very good. They just camped a lot, and hid behind corners.
Fuck this. Im done with this terrible multi player. Naught dog stick to single player games.
Do you play in a party? This game requires team work. Especially against other parties.

As a new player I wish there was a way to just start a game by yourself to get to know the maps. I feel rushed even though it's a slower paced game.

I switched to the Xbox One sticks and that helped out a lot with the aiming, but it's clear there are folks who have been playing a long while.

I love it though, I'll be playing this for a long while. Depending on how Diablo III UEE pans out.

Top Bottom