• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

So i finally unlocked my preferred helmet and emblem that i used on ps3. Now i can play the goddamn game without caring for stupid clan and farming supplies.

BuIclOUIYAEnGhA.jpg
BuIcrkUIEAEtkzD.jpg

To get it again on ps4 i had to go through that grinding frustrating hell all over again.
Fuck that stupid bullshit clan survivors metagame. Can't wait to let those fuckers starve !

This made me laugh.

Alucrid

Banned
So, when I play with randoms, I'm suggesting them to follow, stay back, watch flanks, and giving them ideas of where the enemy is. Since I use headphones, it's hard not to talk.

Often, they actually listen, and a few times now, I'm getting randoms communicating back. Just now I played a game where a player admittedly "sucked", yet he's giving out cues and keeping up with us simply by communication.

Hah, yeah. I have a mic but I don't use it with randoms, I do however listen to anything people have to say. So far I've had suggestions to subscribe to someone's twitch channel and that there's a bomb at the top of the ladder.

Nearing the end of week 8, can't wait to get this over with...then I have to do the Firefly one.

Edit: Also, it's fucking stupid that if someone drops before the match starts in Supply Raid and a new person joins mid-game it takes off a point.

Still very impressed with the entire MP package, I think ND did an excellent job. This game will hold me very nicely until the Destiny and the following October onslaught.

Completely agree. The multiplayer is fantastic and easily overlooked given the superb single player campaign. I know I overlooked it on PS3.

Gustav

Banned
My friends and I have big problems finding matches with the party allowed matchmaking turned on. Wait is up to 10 minutes. Today we couldn't get a match going. I'm wondering if the matchmaking is broken or if so few people are playing.

Alucrid

Banned
My friends and I have big problems finding matches with the party allowed matchmaking turned on. Wait is up to 10 minutes. Today we couldn't get a match going. I'm wondering if the matchmaking is broken or if so few people are playing.

I ain't finding shit right now.

kamo

It has to be broken. The Matchmaking is fucking awful in general, but when you party up its a nightmare.

The matchmaking isn't doing so hot. It's not that people aren't playing. ND has said the playerbase for multiplayer has far exceeded the PS3 version, and it was still getting 9000 people at peak.

I can't play this game's MP for more than an hour without getting tense and shaky as fuck, and I used to marathon prestige CoD at least once every year. This is hard work.

HiiiLife

Its a damn shame the servers are trash.

When you're playing with your buddies the multiplayer really is an enjoyable experience.

Gator86

For all of ND's talent, they consistently demonstrate an inability to fix their team balancing and melee issues.

Random teams are always hilarious imbalanced. I played a few warm up matches the other day on the ps3 version and the team levels were a combined 360 to 40. Come the fuck on.

Melee is also similarly busted. Every fist fight seems to be a complete coin flip. I shot a guy at close range with a shorty then punched him twice with brawler. He lives through that while punching me twice which instantly kills me from full health. Maybe lag or something there but it happens all the time. They need to do something with their next game to make melee confrontations more than mash and hope for luck.

Palocca

So, i just got kicked from a game. Is there a votekick system or what the heck. Not like i was afk, or anything.

I think the game days you get kicked if the host disconnects. I remember when I killed a guy and then I got booted 3 seconds after. I think the guy rage quitted.

For all of ND's talent, they consistently demonstrate an inability to fix their team balancing and melee issues.

Random teams are always hilarious imbalanced. I played a few warm up matches the other day on the ps3 version and the team levels were a combined 360 to 40. Come the fuck on.

The levels don't matter overly though, just means they play a lot. I got saddled with a "low level" random team earlier and we steamrolled over a much higher combined level. Then the next game the teams shuffled up again.

Gator86

The levels don't matter overly though, just means they play a lot. I got saddled with a "low level" random team earlier and we steamrolled over a much higher combined level. Then the next game the teams shuffled up again.

Yeah, but there's a solid difference from a level 2 and a level 100. The level 100 knows all the maps incredibly well and has everything unlocked. Experience counts for a lot in this game. Sure, you can get them every now and then, but on average, the higher level team is going to stomp the lower level one.

Can ND at least put out a message on the game? I feel like they are losing players who may have just had a fleeting curiosity, and it sucks to see this happen.

Also, why can't we have cross play again? They said in an interview about the difference in frames per second, but you can actually choose to play in 30 FPS on PS4 MP. Is there a more technical reason, or is it just that they want people to upgrade?

meppi

Just got done playing the worst round ever with a bunch of morons running around playing like it was cod. Lone wolves everywhere and no sign of teamplay.
So damn frustrating... Normally even playing with randoms you don't get shit like that. :-/

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done playing the worst round ever with a bunch of morons running around playing like it was cod. Lone wolves everywhere and no sign of teamplay.
So damn frustrating... Normally even playing with randoms you don't get shit like that. :-/

I try to stay with everyone but they all go running off in different directions :/

GavinUK86

It's usually the level 0's in my experience. I tend to stay the hell away from anyone who's sprinting everywhere.

Edit: Just got kicked from a game that I had just joined. Had to spectate for a few minutes, then kicked. Great job ND.

Some people are just terrible at interrogation.

When your team has phase3 on the safe, you don't defend it anymore. There's no point in defending it. The only chance to win is to rush their lockbox as fast as possible.

Gator86

It's usually the level 0's in my experience. I tend to stay the hell away from anyone who's sprinting everywhere.

Part of me dies every time I play with randoms using covert and one of them just continually runs in a circle around me. I wish you had an indicator or something your team could see that said you were using stealth perks and gear.

GavinUK86

Part of me dies every time I play with randoms using covert and one of them just continually runs in a circle around me. I wish you had an indicator or something your team could see that said you were using stealth perks and gear.

One of my loadouts is using Covert 2 so I'm totally hidden when the rest of my time just sprint everywhere like you're saying. It's hilarious.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Edit: Just got kicked from a game that I had just joined. Had to spectate for a few minutes, then kicked. Great job ND.

If one of your team is sprinting all over the place, hang back but not too far - they'll lure in the opposition and you could get some good kills

If one of your team is sprinting all over the place, hang back but not too far - they'll lure in the opposition and you could get some good kills

I default with my crafting/revive/heal load out for all games but if I get a team where it's all Call of Duty, I'll switch to a stealth build and flank my own team mates - usually the enemy assumes the whole team is by Rambo and doesn't protect themselves.

So i finally unlocked my preferred helmet and emblem that i used on ps3. Now i can play the goddamn game without caring for stupid clan and farming supplies.

BuIclOUIYAEnGhA.jpg
BuIcrkUIEAEtkzD.jpg

To get it again on ps4 i had to go through that grinding frustrating hell all over again.
Fuck that stupid bullshit clan survivors metagame. Can't wait to let those fuckers starve !

LOL I'm still waiting to unlock the skull mask. 85 alive after the journey is done. Then i'll get to stop caring.

velociraptor

Are all the perks and new weapons locked behind a paywall?

The hit detection/netcode is atrocious. Some guy shived me from 1 meter away.

Besides that, I am having a ton of fun with the game. Easily one of the best MP experiences.

It seems like they made the bow a lot stronger though. I don't ever remember it being this powerful in the PS3 version.

I also am liking the new maps.

Matchmaking takes FUCKING FOREVER though. I've spent more time on the menu screens than in game.
Anyone?

meppi

Yep. Just happened again.
2 of us sneaking behind the enemy, while a third asshole kept running up on us, getting all 3 of us killed in the process. Ffs

GavinUK86

2 of us sneaking behind the enemy, while a third asshole kept running up on us, getting all 3 of us killed in the process. Ffs

Same sorta thing just happened to me but because the one guy on our team was sprinting, that drew 2 of the enemy out who were gunning after him and that allowed me to butcher both of them with the purchasable assault rifle.

The hit detection is just getting worse with each game, especially when matchmaking goes into Any game and finds a game from there. Good thing I'm rolling with Hawk eyed 2, if I can't mark a moving enemy I know its going to be shit game so I just quit.

Gator86

Essentially. It's annoying not only because you get killed, but also because you wasted 4 goddamn loadout points on a perk they're taking off your character.

Canucked

Every game someone is running off right off the bat. Every. Time. Also, screw bows. You stupid Mo**88834$#

Any bow users wanna team up later?

Every game someone is running off right off the bat. Every. Time. Also, screw bows. You stupid Mo**88834$#

Any bow users wanna team up later?
Running right off the bat is fine. Running after the first supply box and giving away your teams location is a problem and frustrating.

Canucked

Top Bottom