• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Alienous

Anyone else hate the MP side missions? Like why do I have to do certain things to have this number up? I assume once your population hits 0, its game over for your MP run? Im on week 6 or 7 and have like 70+ people, every time I need more parts or food whatever.

I wish I could just play MP and not worry about that shit. I dont want to have to do what it wants me to do in certain days just to "keep up". Am I playing this wrong? Should I stop worrying about this stuff? I think I have to advance in weeks to unlock the other perks. Guess this is one way to remove leveling up.

It's just a shitty design choice by Naughty Dog.

I went through it on PS3, and in the later stages of the metagame you only have a few loadouts and a narrow playstyle that can get the required supplies consistently enough. And even after completing it the minigame persists, making you feel like you've failed whenever you ignore it.

If you can, ignore it. It restricts your viable options too greatly. Heck, there's an entire game mode you are likely to ignore if you get too invested in the metagame. It sucks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yea, having a hard time getting into one.

Really strange.

It's weird. I'll have a couple of games with the same group, then suddenly I'm on my own and it starts looking all over again. You'd think it'd try and keep groups together

Any games going on at the moment?

Edit: plus, if you have a bad game with everyone on your team just running around,nthey getting your clan killed because you can't earn decent points

Darknight

I went through it on PS3, and in the later stages of the metagame you only have a few loadouts and a narrow playstyle that can get the required supplies consistently enough. And even after completing it the minigame persists, making you feel like you've failed whenever you ignore it.

If you can, ignore it. It restricts your viable options too greatly. Heck, there's an entire game mode you are likely to ignore if you get too invested in the metagame. It sucks.

Yea I sometimes feel restricted. "Oh shit I have to get sniper kills and I hate being a sniper!" *sniper mission being the easiest as the other ones are becoming harder to get*

Thats the thing. I may be playing MP and all of the sudden I have a mission but now Im thinking if I should quit out and change to another MP mode to see if I can get more downs or whatever there as maybe it may be hard under Survival for instance and easier on Interrogations.

I really wish this was a separate mode and then regular MP with matchmaking. At least Im not the only one thinking about this! Any who, add me if you want to play MP!!!

CozMick

Banned

There is nothing more infuriating than completing said tasks and still losing 20% of your clan.

The whole meta shit is boring and completely takes you away from the game.

I see a guy downed, will I revive him?, will I fuck! Not when I need 9mm downs and the enemy is on the other side of the map.

wowlace

But that's kind of shitty. Most times when you encounter an enemy you have mostly even chance of taking then out depending on skill. If they have a purchaseable, you are already dead.

I get the downsides to them, I'm just not a big fan of the mechanic.

Don't go into a fight you know you will lose. Back out and wait for friends.

Gator86

Don't go into a fight you know you will lose. Back out and wait for friends.

I like how in these hypothetical situations people throw out you are always in a wide open field and can see the opponent slowly walking toward you and what weapon they have. Sometimes you run into an enemy no matter how careful you are. If that enemy happens to have a purchaseble weapon, you're pretty much blown off the map before you can do much of anything.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn. Start of week 6 and hunters tuned up. Risk of losing ALL my population! Going for heals as that seems relatively safe.

pronk420

is the multiplayer matchmaking just broken at the moment or was it like this on the ps3 too? i get the impression from the internet that a lot of people are playing/trying to play this, but trying to get into a match is really hard.

it just sits there and occasionally shows that white bar moving down that i don't know what it means..

Gator86

is the multiplayer matchmaking just broken at the moment or was it like this on the ps3 too? i get the impression from the internet that a lot of people are playing/trying to play this, but trying to get into a match is really hard.

it just sits there and occasionally shows that white bar moving down that i don't know what it means..

Mostly broken. Hopefully, ND decides to fix it. Hard to sell hats otherwise.

No it was much better on PS3. I am thinking ND were not expecting this many people to play the MP mode on PS4. The leaderboards have a lot of players.

Gusto

Fack! I picked up a copy and my wife picked up a copy so we could play together since she's in another city and we can't play...wtf $100 for 2 copies and we can't even spend quality time together. DRUCKMANN!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been in matchmaking (supply raid/no parties
) for the past 20 minutes and I still haven't found shit.

What the fuck.

Edit: fucking finally

hesido

Oh.. Today 3 of us died when the newbie had no idea whether to / how to revive us. We just crawled around him begging for help and slowly bled to death. I guess he didn't know how to interpret the triangle button prompt.

quickwhips

Oh.. Today 3 of us died when the newbie had no idea whether to / how to revive us. We just crawled around him begging for help and slowly bled to death. I guess he didn't know how to interpret the triangle button prompt.
Maybe he was concerned that what downed you 3 would get him also?

GavinUK86

When I do go lonewolf and play with randoms I'm actually finding Survivor to be the best mode. People value their life by default since you only get one life per round. This makes them more likely to sprint less, play stealthy, and not run around like an idiot.

Survivor is the only mode I play. I don't like the normal mode because people treat it like a standard run-of-the-mill deathmatch and I'm not a fan of the other, at all.

Survivor is extremely tense due to only having one spawn per round.

Strider

Anyone have an extra spot or looking for a group? I'm about to start playing and would like to get a full party going if possible.

I found that if you make someone else in your party the leader, if its taking too long finding a game, that seems to get it to work.

Survivor is the only mode I play. I don't like the normal mode because people treat it like a standard run-of-the-mill deathmatch and I'm not a fan of the other, at all.

I can see your point, but that's not really fair. I've had plenty of matches in supply raid where both groups were sticking together and those matches are some of the most fun I've had in the MP - it gets really intense, I don't think it's fair to write it off.

I would love to play Survivor, it reminds me of SOCOM II.

However I never get matched with a decent enough team that communicates, so until I get a battle buddy I usually stick to Deathmatch.

GavinUK86

I would love to play Survivor, it reminds me of SOCOM II.

However I never get matched with a decent enough team that communicates, so until I get a battle buddy I usually stick to Deathmatch.

Well, to be honest, I don't think it needs communication really. It helps, but because everyone knows they only have the one life, you automatically play it safe and stick together. Usually. I have had teammates that just run off but they don't last very long.

Alienous

I doubt they want to sleep on a patch that long for something that just released. They will lose a whole player base before it even reaches it's peak.

tumblr_m6phqxQSu51r2c05t.gif

Naughty Dog's multiplayer team doesn't play by the rules. Even the good ones.

Hunter trophy done. Now for Firefly.

Multiplayer isn't so bad. Heal mission is so easy that I could do the last tier heal mission since I always hit like 200 heal.

Canucked

Just got this lovely error, closed the game mid match completely.

vmDtmmUl.jpg

Gonna try grouping again after I change over the laundry I guess.

Played a ton of the PS3 version so I thought I'd get into the PS4 version pretty easily. Still fun as hell, but man it is hard to start over. I had a loadout I was really comfortable with and playing without it is tough.

Either way though I'm running a different loadout anyway, as on PS3 I was running the revolver but for whatever reason I can't kill anyone with it on PS4. I have to use the Semi-auto now which I'm not a huge fan of, only because I have to use 2 points on it.

Also, the matchmaking really needs to be fixed. It's a serious chose right now to find a match.

Well, to be honest, I don't think it needs communication really. It helps, but because everyone knows they only have the one life, you automatically play it safe and stick together. Usually. I have had teammates that just run off but they don't last very long.

Well yea, that's the issue I usually have. Before I know it I'm sticking with this one dude who is literally running around while one or two of our guys just got clipped for doing their own thing, and it's two on four or one on three.

I wouldn't mind if it didn't happen all the time, but it happens too often on my end.

Top Bottom