• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Jinjo

Man, the lag is horrible in this game sometimes. Can't even heal or gift at times. Downed people magically standing up again. Ridiculous. This never happened in the ps3 version. What went wrong here ND?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but is there a way to get voice chat working? I never have the speaker icon next to my name when I'm talking and no one has responded to me. Both the included PS4 headset and my Golds work fine otherwise.

This is in-game chat btw, not while in parties. It works in a party, but I play with randoms too and want to be able to communicate with them.

GRaider81

I'm in the UK and bought the US PSN version.

Does that mean I need to buy the add-ons from the US store? will that work when playing on my UK account?

Yes it works. I had $8 left over so I bought a couple of hats and the enforcer gun on my US account.

They were unlocked in my UK account

Footos22

I never seem to wait too long to find a match maybe happened once or twice. and pretty much having the exact same experience a single did on ps3 mp. Naughty dog is on the case though according to twitter for ppl who are having issues.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but is there a way to get voice chat working? I never have the speaker icon next to my name when I'm talking and no one has responded to me. Both the included PS4 headset and my Golds work fine otherwise.

This is in-game chat btw, not while in parties. It works in a party, but I play with randoms too and want to be able to communicate with them.

They can hear you (or should); the speaker icon does not show up for yourself when chatting.

shwimpy

For those having issues with matchmatching, have you guys tried backing out and trying again? Usually if I can't find a match within 30 seconds, I back out and try again and it works. Haven't had much issues with finding a match.

Gbraga

I wonder why some of us are having matchmaking troubles.

I get into matches with no parties in half a minute or less.

I think my longest waiting time was yesterday because I was on a party with just one dude (GrayFoxBH), but usually it's not that long of a wait to me either. And it almost always put me against people in Brazil only, so mostly lag free matches.

I did notice it's taking a bit more to find matches after I switched my ISP to get fiber, though. Might be a coincidence, since it was also the day some patch came out and people were complaining it got even worse.

For those having issues with matchmatching, have you guys tried backing out and trying again? Usually if I can't find a match within 30 seconds, I back out and try again and it works. Haven't had much issues with finding a match.

I also do this, as soon as it hits "searching for any game" I back out and try again.

Canucked

I back out and back in but can still wait anywhere from 30 sec (no problemo) to many minutes (never actually timed it)

But I shouldn't HAVE to back out and back in. And sometimes I just stop backing out and just wait, because backing out and in can take just as long as waiting.

And I bounce around between party and no party and encounter the same wait.

Yeah I do that all the time and it makes things faster, but still not fast enough.

LAA

Yeah multiplayer is ruining it a little for me too with waiting times. I literally gave up on MP yesterday due to the wait. The map loading times could be better too, but it's still an improvement over the PS3 version.

Lobby waiting times seem worse than the PS3 version to me though, so hope ND can fix this.

I started playing multiplayer yesterday. I didn't really play it much on the PS3. So far I'm loving it on the PS4! Like everyone has said the matchmaking can take awhile but when you get into a match it's great! I feel they really captured the survival aspect of the single player game.

IndustryX

My Matchmaking has been not bad really. really enjoying this game again. Anyone who wants to run in a crew of Survivor's feel free to send me a friend request , I don't use my mic but I have a headset and I travel smartly with the group and will cover your flanks etc, I feel like i'm pretty good at the game.

IndustryX--

My Matchmaking has been not bad really. really enjoying this game again. Anyone who wants to run in a crew of Survivor's feel free to send me a friend request , I don't use my mic but I have a headset and I travel smartly with the group and will cover your flanks etc, I feel like i'm pretty good at the game.

IndustryX--

Might be adding you. I don't always use a mic, but I'd like to test it out and make sure it's actually working. I played quite a bit on PS3, so I'm cool with playing with someone who pays attention regardless of whether they have a mic.

Grinchy

Banned
I actually had a lot of luck with the matchmaking last night. It was finding games at PS3 speeds.

Interrogation is fun as hell, btw. I'm gonna play more of that from now on.

I think I might stick to my pistol class. The revolver on its own is just so good and without a big weapon I can use crafter 3 and other great skills.

I'm getting into matches way quicker than I did yesterday, so maybe they sorta fixed MM? Either that or more people in my region are getting on the MP.

Damn, I pre-ordered but I don't think it started me on 11....

Same thing, I preordered but didn't get loadout points. Also hiding loadout points in skill tree is the stupidest thing ever, you're already gimped by the choices of weapons/perks when you start out, why gimp more by giving even less slots for them?

KooPaL

Anyone encounter like weird glitchy people who warps all over the place? I feel like they are doing some sort of hack cause I can't hit them and they teleport around killing me :/

Strider

Anyone encounter like weird glitchy people who warps all over the place? I feel like they are doing some sort of hack cause I can't hit them and they teleport around killing me :/

Yea I have. There have been games where we will kill an enemy and his body will remain there for the rest of the game but he's actualy running around invisible. It's crazy...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
you know what i just thought about today?

i wonder what's going to happen to the player base post-destiny. i imagine the playing field is gonna get much tougher after that...

Gaz_RB

you know what i just thought about today?

i wonder what's going to happen to the player base post-destiny. i imagine the playing field is gonna get much tougher after that...
Yeah I'll probably be moving on after Destiny comes out. That's why I'm trying to get it all in right now.

Carbonox

Having way more fun now that I started trying Survivors today. Far far faaaar more entertaining mode than the others and I perform tons better too.

Wow, I can easily find matches in survival-mode. It's the best mode imo, so....cool.
Well...as long as you don't have to do any "kill 6-12 enemies with weapon X" missions

Top Bottom