• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

This happened last night:
xls4Zv.gif
Seen this happen so many times now. Never remember this happening on PS3.

RedAssedApe

Banned
@Naughty_Dog 37m
We pushed Live Update 1.01.012 for #TheLastOfUs Remastered earlier & seeing vastly improved matchmaking times. Still working on more updates

Pls confirm. I don't want to waste another hour tonight playing a total of two games...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Took a break from Grounded to dedicate some time to MP tonight. Holt shit. Everything totally clicked. Really glad I decided to put some more time into it. It's awesome.

holy smokes, tried to load up some multiplayer after work and the game was unplayable from the lag, what is going on? I heard some lag complaints earlier in the week but was never really affected by it now me and all my friends have been experiencing it and its been pretty tragic.

Egg0

Banned
Just had an awesome come from behind win in supply raid. Went 8-11-1 with only two other teammates... But after the game ended, it went straight to lobby and I gained zero survivors and still on Day 1.

Am I just glitched now?

Edit: Nevermind, host must have dashboarded. Played another game and my day progressed.

foxdvd

does anyone know at what point each additional loadout point is added? I know the max at 13 happens around 7500...but I can't seem to find when level 11 and 12 happen.

Strider

Yea I definitely think it's a mistake not to release the maps free.

There's enough microtransactions in the game already (too many honestly). At least give us the maps free to keep the player pool united.

SirCrush

Having trouble WANTING to play the MP any more. I have fast internet but extreme lag. I could tolerate the lag if it were intermittent or in half or LESS of the matches. But as it stands I get crazy lag almost every match. The straw that is breaking the camel's back for me is the Shiv glitch. I canNOT shiv people for some reason. My Shiv/Triangle indicator just flashes when I press triangle...repeatedly, until the person turns around and easily kills me. I suppose I could just NOT shiv people but I like to and this is game breaking for me. What's worse is my smokebombs are somehow recovered from in as little as a second. Even if they don't recover that fast I STILL CANT SHIV THEM!

/whinyrant

ANyone else have this problem?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
30 mins... cannot get into solo supply raid.

I have never witnessed a dev fail so hard at matchmaking.

Gator86

Yea I definitely think it's a mistake not to release the maps free.

There's enough microtransactions in the game already (too many honestly). At least give us the maps free to keep the player pool united.

Agreed. ND looks really shitty right now. Broken ass multiplayer more than a week after launch, dlc everywhere, and more to come. They're my favorite dev but they're definitely nickel and diming the shit out of their fan base right now. I expected better of them.

Alienous

Agreed. ND looks really shitty right now. Broken ass multiplayer more than a week after launch, dlc everywhere, and more to come. They're my favorite dev but they're definitely nickel and diming the shit out of their fan base right now. I expected better of them.

There is something amiss with their multiplayer team. That sense of pride in their product that the SP team deliver on just dissipates. I loved Uncharted 2's MP, because the core gameplay (which the SP team designed) is so great. The MP team eventually ruined that by messing with that core and changing player health. They made that same mistake with Uncharted 3, also ruining and changing it from its Beta and MP preview.

But Naughty Dog is known for pushing the envelope, and the MP team is no different, even when they are going in the wrong direction. Naughty Dog, when I payed full price day-one for your game a second time, I thought that it was the 'all-in' edition. Ok, maybe I don't get access to 20% of all of the games' weapons, or 30% of all of its skills, but at least I get to play the game for its natural lifespan with everyone else who also wants to do that. More paid DLC just fucks that novel concept up. Heck, isn't there going to be more weapon DLC too?

If they want to split the community further I'm ready to move on.

NastyBook

30 mins... cannot get into solo supply raid.

I have never witnessed a dev fail so hard at matchmaking.
It's Naughty Dog's only true failing, IMHO. I don't think I've played any other MP game that consistently broke up teams, hung up pre-match, or froze post-match than Naughty Dog MP games. It's fucking sad. But I love them SO much.

SirCrush

There is something amiss with their multiplayer team. That sense of pride in their product that the SP team deliver on just dissipates. I loved Uncharted 2's MP, because the core gameplay (which the SP team designed) is so great. The MP team eventually ruined that by messing with that core and changing player health. They made that same mistake with Uncharted 3, also ruining and changing it from its Beta and MP preview.

But Naughty Dog is known for pushing the envelope, and the MP team is no different, even when they are going in the wrong direction. Naughty Dog, when I payed full price day-one for your game a second time, I thought that it was the 'all-in' edition. Ok, maybe I don't get access to 20% of all of the games' weapons, or 30% of all of its skills, but at least I get to play the game for its natural lifespan with everyone else who also wants to do that. More paid DLC just fucks that novel concept up. Heck, isn't there going to be more weapon DLC too?

If they want to split the community further I'm ready to move on.

Uncharted 3's MP was some of the most fun I've ever had online. I don't think they ruined anything there.

These microtransactions in TLOU don't bother me much. Annoying? Sure. But no gamebreaking. Aside from the Enforcer, there isn't a clear advantage in any of the weapons or abilities. Sucks that we can't have access to it without paying for it but not that big a deal. The gameplay is still fun. Aside from the hit detection latency.

Gray Matter

I must be in the minority.

The maps aren't going to be free and I'm cool with that. Not because I don't think they should be free, but because buying a season pass doesn't entitle us to every piece of DLC ever released.

I must be in the minority.

The maps aren't going to be free and I'm cool with that. Not because I don't think they should be free, but because buying a season pass doesn't entitle us to every piece of DLC ever released.

The season pass ordeal is not the issue here. Naughty Dog is in the wrong.

Gray Matter

The season pass ordeal is not the issue here. Naughty Dog is in the wrong.

How is ND in the wrong here? Just because another developer decided to release free maps doesn't mean that everyone had to do it.

I'm not defending the idea of releasing paid maps, I should be really upset since I'll be playing this far past the release of destiny which is everyone's next MP game, but I'm not. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal, that's all.

How is ND in the wrong here? Just because another developer decided to release free maps doesn't mean that everyone had to do it.

I'm not defending the idea of releasing paid maps, I should be really upset since I'll be playing this far past the release of destiny which is everyone's next MP game, but I'm not. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal, that's all.

It's not that GG is doing free maps either: A big selling point of the game was a unified player pool. They talked about how one pool= better matchmaking, faster matchmaking, etc.

No one has a problem with a multiplayer game being monetized with map packs. But a re-release of a year old game? That's when people get a little upset.

Now they want to give us more maps that will hurt both those who do buy it and those who don't. Matchmaking will get worse, games will get laggier.

This is on top of charging for on-disc, old content, which they technically got away with because they never advertised it for the Remastering.

original

original

foxdvd

Game is so freaking good..if they fix the matchmaking this will be the first third person MP game I have ever played as much as fps MP...

RkOwnage

I don't like this MP at all, I'm just not used to a slow pace. I have a feeling I'm going to burn myself out doing these trophies for factions, because if I get to Week 12 and lose everyone, nerd rage inc.

Hate multiplayer trophies :(

It's not that GG is doing free maps either: A big selling point of the game was a unified player pool. They talked about how one pool= better matchmaking, faster matchmaking, etc.

No one has a problem with a multiplayer game being monetized with map packs. But a re-release of a year old game? That's when people get a little upset.

Now they want to give us more maps that will hurt both those who do buy it and those who don't. Matchmaking will get worse, games will get laggier.

This is on top of charging for on-disc, old content, which they technically got away with because they never advertised it for the Remastering.

original

original

This is the biggest problem I'm having with it. As far as I know its only two new maps, so that makes it even worse. They are going to split the playerbase for two maps... Why? I do want more maps because I love this multi and want to play it for awhile, but splitting the player base is pretty bad for the game over all.

darkwing

Got my first hatemail last night. Feels good haha.

Got told I played " dirty", to which I said that's kinda the point (honestly have no idea what he was referring to, I just flanked everybody's ass as usual) and then he called me " the loser of all videogames" lol.

I bet you also shiv from behind

smh

Shout out to YoungMullah88, colinst255 (I may have screwed your name up), TKRunningRiot and Krappadizzle for the good games tonight. We were killin' it! (I'm ScareGoat)

I don't like this MP at all, I'm just not used to a slow pace. I have a feeling I'm going to burn myself out doing these trophies for factions, because if I get to Week 12 and lose everyone, nerd rage inc.

Hate multiplayer trophies :(

Two tips to make things easier.
1: Heal(First Aid training 2) you can get 50 heals a game if the team is good(that's more than you need on the hardest tier), save all Heal challenges for 100% risk.
2: If you're playing alone don't be afraid to "Close Application" it doesn't count as a day if you do that.

If you do these two things above it's almost impossible to lose all survivors.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Those 100% Loss Events are scaaaaary. I think I have 2 to go.

Yet to use a Healing objective... Easy enough?

And I think I'll use Bow Downs for the other. 3 downs with anything is fairly simple.

Does anyone else not use Purchasable Weapons 95% of the time? I find they're far too circumstantial to justify, especially when you're forgoing a silencer and/or skill, etc.

It's not just the avoiding 100% loss though. The first target is still 60% loss. Even if you ace it you're still losing 20% :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am loving this new loadout I've put together:
Enforcer, Damage Marker 1, Hawk Eyed 3, Scavenger 2, with 2 points left over that I can't decide what to put them into.

Scavenger 2 makes me automatically pick-up the blue supplies that enemies drop when I down and execute them. I HATE having to pick these up manually, since sometimes they are thrown a fair way away from the downed body, even through walls so they're outside a building when you killed someone inside. It makes for stupid errors when you're hunting around for blue supplies, sometimes getting killed in teh process. Now I just run over to the dead body and I automatically pick them up. No need to even stop running.

So scavenger 2 doesn't automatically give you the supplies - you still have to run over them?

Love your explanation of your loadout btw

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So? From my understanding, the less people, the better, since it operates on percentages.
Don't you need a certain population by the end to unlock stuff? Don't know if the trophies have any population requirement other than 'survive'

ZServ

Don't you need a certain population by the end to unlock stuff? Don't know if the trophies have any population requirement other than 'survive'
I don't think that's a by the end thing though. So you could ramp up to that number then let yo peeps die for efficiency.

I don't think that's a by the end thing though. So you could ramp up to that number then let yo peeps die for efficiency.

Yeah it is. You need 85 survivors at the end of week 12 to unlock the Skull mask which means you need around 110 when the last 20% are cut. You only need to survive both 'journeys' and 40 survivors total for the trophies.

Got my first hatemail last night. Feels good haha.

Got told I played " dirty", to which I said that's kinda the point (honestly have no idea what he was referring to, I just flanked everybody's ass as usual) and then he called me " the loser of all videogames" lol.
That's the final trophy you unlock for platinuming every game on PSN.

Lucent

Playing this with randoms really really sours my enjoyment. It's not so much about rolling with a team that wins all the time, but randoms do the stupidest things sometimes. Some act like they don't know how to revive at all. Some run off solo and get shot up by the opposing team that's rolling as a group. Really pisses me off. lol

Playing this with randoms really really sours my enjoyment. It's not so much about rolling with a team that wins all the time, but randoms do the stupidest things sometimes. Some act like they don't know how to revive at all. Some run off solo and get shot up by the opposing team that's rolling as a group. Really pisses me off. lol

Yeah I had some bad team experiences yesterday. It was quite the opposite though, When I sneaked around to flank the enemy, my team rushed to the middle and got killed instantly. We lost 4-0 and I was the only one with any downs/executions.

Loomba

I foolishly rushed a match because I knew the mission was going to give me the beret, now I have 17 hungry and 9 sick while having to get 105 supplies a match. Shit....

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Thanks. And you still think that is worth 4 points? I guess the double ammo is pretty useful too..

Hmmm how about silenced enforcer, damage marker 1, covert 2, hawk eye 3? The covert lets you more easily get around the flanks of enemies, and the silenced enforcer keeps you off the radar as you light up the bad guys for everyone? I need one more loadout point though for that (or could go silenced 9mm for now)

Thanks. And you still think that is worth 4 points? I guess the double ammo is pretty useful too..

Hmmm how about silenced enforcer, damage marker 1, covert 2, hawk eye 3? The covert lets you more easily get around the flanks of enemies, and the silenced enforcer keeps you off the radar as you light up the bad guys for everyone? I need one more loadout point though for that (or could go silenced 9mm for now)

Personally, no because those are points that could be used for other skills. It's up to you. Handgun ammo is pretty inexpensive, anyway.
The double-barrel shotgun costs one point as well if you need a secondary weapon.

Marvel

could never
I foolishly rushed a match because I knew the mission was going to give me the beret, now I have 17 hungry and 9 sick while having to get 105 supplies a match. Shit....

I know that feel.

Luckily the game after I managed to heal all my sick and hungry and claw back some clan members.

does anyone know at what point each additional loadout point is added? I know the max at 13 happens around 7500...but I can't seem to find when level 11 and 12 happen.

I think they changed it so that 13 points happen at old 12 point, 12 points at old 11 and so on. 13 is no longer at 7500 afaik.

Top Bottom