• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Spades

I wish I understood how to be good at this MP. I played for the first time last night and got a total of 1 kill. I put almost an entire clip into some guys from an auto weapon and they don't die. I take one shot (and in many instances, one melee hit) and I'm dead.

Someone please help.

Having trouble WANTING to play the MP any more. I have fast internet but extreme lag. I could tolerate the lag if it were intermittent or in half or LESS of the matches. But as it stands I get crazy lag almost every match. The straw that is breaking the camel's back for me is the Shiv glitch. I canNOT shiv people for some reason. My Shiv/Triangle indicator just flashes when I press triangle...repeatedly, until the person turns around and easily kills me. I suppose I could just NOT shiv people but I like to and this is game breaking for me. What's worse is my smokebombs are somehow recovered from in as little as a second. Even if they don't recover that fast I STILL CANT SHIV THEM!

/whinyrant

ANyone else have this problem?

I have run into these issues a lot or the friends I play with have. Smoke and shivs aren't my playstyle but are for some of my friends and they have experienced both very often. The thing that drives me crazy is the lag in regards to where a character is in the game. By that I mean I get fully behind cover and get shot 2 times and downed by the guy I was in a shoot out with across the map. Seems to happen all the time. That and shots don't seem to stagger the opposing player nearly as bad as the other teams. There are just times where even though the opposing player and myself are seeing each other for the first time that player has the jump on me. There were times I felt this way in other MP games, where you would die almost on sight, but in Last of Us is just so consistently awful.

That said. I have adapted somewhat and can manage it mostly. There are just some really crummy things that happen.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I don't like this MP at all, I'm just not used to a slow pace. I have a feeling I'm going to burn myself out doing these trophies for factions, because if I get to Week 12 and lose everyone, nerd rage inc.

Hate multiplayer trophies :(

lolol

have you considered just not playing it? don't
make video games work, i'm sure you have a lot better things to do with your time

SirCrush

I have run into these issues a lot or the friends I play with have. Smoke and shivs aren't my playstyle but are for some of my friends and they have experienced both very often. The thing that drives me crazy is the lag in regards to where a character is in the game. By that I mean I get fully behind cover and get shot 2 times and downed by the guy I was in a shoot out with across the map. Seems to happen all the time. That and shots don't seem to stagger the opposing player nearly as bad as the other teams. There are just times where even though the opposing player and myself are seeing each other for the first time that player has the jump on me. There were times I felt this way in other MP games, where you would die almost on sight, but in Last of Us is just so consistently awful.

That said. I have adapted somewhat and can manage it mostly. There are just some really crummy things that happen.

"I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying REAL...HARD to be the shephard."

I took a couple days off and have decided to play again this morning. 1 for 1 on shivs so far, though I roll with a shotgun now that I plan to use for flanking. It's excessive but effective :p

Yeah the positional lag in this game is horrid at times. If the damn game wasn't so damn fun, I probably wouldn't be giving it another go. The PS3 version had lag issues similar to this but never this bad for me. My stress level is raised but I'm still having fun.

So our team for the tournament might be looking for a 4th player seeing that someone might not make it.

Looking for a solid all around player that is strong at supply raid/survivor. Looking for a min 1.5 k/d player. Hit me up if interested. Match at 9:30 CST tonight. Must have a mic

So our team for the tournament might be looking for a 4th player seeing that someone might not make it.

Looking for a solid all around player that is strong at supply raid/survivor. Looking for a min 1.5 k/d player. Hit me up if interested. Match at 9:30 CST tonight. Must have a mic

Yes, and they prefer someone very new, the more inexperienced the better.

iQTGkYMUea5d6.gif

ramuh

I didn't even realize there was a tourney tonight. Had a blast last night with GAFers. I think we won all the matches/or tied.

andycapps

I wish I understood how to be good at this MP. I played for the first time last night and got a total of 1 kill. I put almost an entire clip into some guys from an auto weapon and they don't die. I take one shot (and in many instances, one melee hit) and I'm dead.

Someone please help.

I never use the auto rifle, but if you're going to, burst is probably the way to go for accuracy reasons plus limited ammo. This game makes you pick your shots, many times I'll see someone across the map that I could probably get one shot to the body on, but I know I can't down them, so I'll typically just mark them or not do anything. Not worth wasting one of my precious bullets when they'll just heal up the next moment.

What sort of t/b ratio you looking for?

For those who don't know, t/b ratio is teabag ratio. I have a 4.3 t/b ratio. I teabag 4.3 times for every execution I get.

I might be able to, but I might be on another team. I don't see us listed though in the thread so we might've not registered in time.

todd360

I played interrogation yesterday to try to get the trophies. Was surprised to find that it became my favorite game type. Wasn't expecting to like it. I'm not usually in to those kinds of gametypes.

I played interrogation yesterday to try to get the trophies. Was surprised to find that it became my favorite game type. Wasn't expecting to like it. I'm not usually in to those kinds of gametypes.

I wish Interrogation had some kind of tie-breaker though. It usually can end in a tie.

Something like a Survivors sudden death where everyone has one life, and the lockbox speed is even faster (to the point where you just need to touch it for a second).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I got out-sniped in a match today. I'm still feeling a little weird about it. I've never encountered anyone online who is faster than me. Not consistently. Not if I'm actually engaged. This guy and I went at it a few times and he was legit owning me in the dual. Something about it felt weird though, idk.

Does the military sniper have a slower ADS than an upgraded hunting rifle, cause that's the only thing I can think. It did feel a little slow going down sight.

Jinjo

Fun burst rifle loadout:

Revolver
Silenced Burst Rifle
----
Scavenger 2
Sharpshooter 3
----

#doyouevenburst?

Scavenger for extra burst rifle ammo making it less of a bitch to feed the damn thing. Sharpshooter is essential for heals. Aim for the head guys. Maybe switch out the silencer for First aid training 1 or a flamethrower, but really it's all about the burst and headshot-heals, so you rarely need regular healing or a power weapon (since you already wreck up close).

Will upload vid of match on demand. Went 14-2 and 12-2 in a row or something.

AKyemeni

I got out-sniped in a match today. I'm still feeling a little weird about it. I've never encountered anyone online who is faster than me. Not consistently. Not if I'm actually engaged. This guy and I went at it a few times and he was legit owning me in the dual. Something about it felt weird though, idk.

Does the military sniper have a slower ADS than an upgraded hunting rifle, cause that's the only thing I can think. It did feel a little slow going down sight.
Who was this person's psn?

Jinjo

All the burst rifle loadouts are fun :p

It's my favorite weapon.

Honestly, I always thought it was kinda shitty lol. More of a semi-auto/hunting rifle user myself. But I gotta say, winning a battle upclose you normally would not win because of the headshot heals is sooo good haha. One-on-one nobody stands a chance. Scavenger makes it less of a pain to deal with ammo, which I always hated about the gun.

Jinjo

Does anyone know how much shorter the fuse times for bombs are when using the different bomb expert levels? Is there much to be gained in fuse time reduction when using bomb expert 3 compared to 2 or is it just the smoke stun immunity you get?

Someone please help.

Try a semi-auto and revolver combo. Single shots are more accurate and take less than the autos. Also, the guys you are shooting may have armor in which takes a lot more shots unless they are head shots.

*Aim for the head*

It really bothers me it's impossible to stop an execution from killing someone.

Once you commit.....BAM!

Top Bottom