• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Matchmaking was much better today. I was able to find matches pretty quickly. Also the status bar for "searching for an optimal game" popped up much more frequently.

Carbonox

Been having a barnstorming run of form in Survivors today. Constant demolition.

Keep getting put in games with level 1's and 0's.

I love dat bromance when you and one other player is remaining against a team of 4 and you kill them all and bow/salute eachother at the end. Feels good brah.

I got out-sniped in a match today. I'm still feeling a little weird about it. I've never encountered anyone online who is faster than me. Not consistently. Not if I'm actually engaged. This guy and I went at it a few times and he was legit owning me in the dual. Something about it felt weird though, idk.

Does the military sniper have a slower ADS than an upgraded hunting rifle, cause that's the only thing I can think. It did feel a little slow going down sight.

Yeah, if you're looking to win a fight against a better sniper, don't go with the military. The scope-in time is a LOT slower. Like, significantly slower.

Superflat

I hate quitters in this game with a passion.

Yup. Random disconnects are understandable but it doesn't take a genius to realize why half your team disappeared around the same time your side just happened to be losing. At least stick around till the end game and quit when there's zero hope of retaking the match :U

I blame the meta game and the trophies attached, there's always someone that quits near the end.

Yeah, this too. The meta game has actually become sort of a hinderance to me right now post Week 8. The idea that you can lose the MP meta game and have to start over at the beginning is kinda horse shit. As if playing 200 MP matches aren't enough for the trophies lol

Strider

Both journeys done!

Probably just gonna ignore that stuff completely from now on. I don't dislike it, but I don't think it adds to the fun or anything either.

mstevens

I'm bad at this MP, but I just had my first hell ya moment. Been trying to get the 5 down trophy for each level, which isn't a guarantee due to my skill level atm. I had 3 left to do and lucked into one of the levels I still needed (Water Tower). Got in (supply raid) with only 6 minutes left and my team getting dominated. Somehow pulled off two downs / special executions and then got my last down during sudden death.

edit: Only book store and hometown left to do.. Haven't seen hometown as an option even, yet. Either of these pretty rare / not picked a lot?

Hubb

edit: Only book store and hometown left to do.. Haven't seen hometown as an option even, yet. Either of these pretty rare / not picked a lot?

Took me awhile to get those two. Though now that I have them, every time Bookstore pops up everyone votes for it. Coming across the map should happen by the time you get both 12 weeks trophies.

mstevens

Wow... got the last bookstore down during the last man standing portion of supply raid too. Cutting it too close... heart can't take it.

edit: Dang, last one I need (hometown) came up but everyone else voted for high school haha. Hometown looks dark, I'm worried people won't ever pick it.

Does anybody in here play interrogation frequently? I'm looking for other players to play with, because the people I get matched with are always just terrible. I can't keep count of how many times I have to do everything myself. Getting interrogations? Always comes down to me. Moving into their safe area? Me. Actually unlocking? Me. Having to hurt the guy unlocking the safe because everyone else is too busy playing TDM and somehow getting the second combination down at the slow-as-shit default speed? Me.

Please, if anybody is reading this, save me from this hell. I literally play one match with 5 minute breaks inbetween just so I won't lose my shit. I'm not a buzz kill and hell, I'm not perfect at this game either but goddamn these randoms I get paired with are just...no.

PSN: Spine_Ripper

Vitanimus

Does anybody in here play interrogation frequently? I'm looking for other players to play with, because the people I get matched with are always just terrible. I can't keep count of how many times I have to do everything myself. Getting interrogations? Always comes down to me. Moving into their safe area? Me. Actually unlocking? Me. Having to hurt the guy unlocking the safe because everyone else is too busy playing TDM and somehow getting the second combination down at the slow-as-shit default speed? Me.

Please, if anybody is reading this, save me from this hell. I literally play one match with 5 minute breaks inbetween just so I won't lose my shit. I'm not a buzz kill and hell, I'm not perfect at this game either but goddamn these randoms I get paired with are just...no.

I know how you feel. I feel bad that I get stressed over randoms just being the complete antithesis of teamwork. I usually quit matchmaking and reenter so I don't stick with the same group if none of my teammates cooperate even slightly.

I know how you feel. I feel bad that I get stressed over randoms just being the complete antithesis of teamwork. I usually quit matchmaking and reenter so I don't stick with the same group if none of my teammates cooperate even slightly.

I feel bad too lol. And I always back out as well. I'd say every 1/10 games results in one good pairing of teammates, but for some reason every time that happens? The lobby disbands and I have to start with a new group of people. Every time. I've tried both searching with parties and without it, and the same thing still happens. It's just really bad luck or something.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anyone want to do a private gaffer match? We have a team of four, need four gaffers to go against!

I'll add you. My psn is the same as my username. Unfortunately all I have for a mic currently is the pack in one that came with the console.

Footos22

Finding games within 30 secs.

Shame my fucking bt internet keeps decidoign to disconnect and its always in the last round of a survoivors match i kicking ass in. and way over the amount of supplies i need.

FUCK YOU BT

Kyoufu

Hopefully it's fixed.

That'd be nice.

I tried using a Semi Auto again and I just suck way too much with it. The rate of fire is so pitiful that I barely win any 1v1s with it. I must be really bad.

I have no trouble with the Full Auto though. Night and day difference in terms of KDR with the Full Auto.

wowlace

Lost like 80% of my clan in week 10. Trying to do the revives missions with randoms who just run off cod style ugh nvm I will get them back. I told one of my friends at uni that she died in my game. She told me play more haha.

Kyoufu

Yeah, as my first experience with the MP tonight, it was a surprisingly big wait, hope those improvements stick around.

I need to play with an organised group as well, silent randomers aren't the best teammates.

Had a game earlier today where all 3 of my teammates were soloing. I ended up quitting without remorse.

Also I hate it when people run away from heals and when downed teammates crawl away from your revive. The WORST.

Patch 1.02 will be deployed in North America today. We are working to have the patch deployed in Europe as soon as possible over the weekend, and we expect the patch to be deployed in Asia next week. If you are already logged in, be sure to quit out of the game and check your Downloads notifications that the update file for The Last of Us Remastered has been downloaded and installed.

As many of you may know, especially if you are among the many, many, many people who have been playing our Factions multiplayer mode, that some people have been experiencing long wait times while trying to find a match. We've deployed several LiveUpdates over the past week in an effort to improve the matchmaking wait times. Things have definitely improved but there still remains work for us to get the matchmaking experience where we feel it should be. Patch 1.02 is our latest effort to continuing improving the matchmaking experience.

Once the patch has been deployed, the team here will be keeping a close eye on the time it takes to find a match among our player community so we can continue to address this issue.

One tip: if you've found yourself waiting what you feel is a very long time to get into a match, quit out of matchmaking and go back into "Find a Match". Even though this adds an extra step, we've found that it sometimes helps players get into matches quicker than continuing to wait.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_remastered_patch_102/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Who was this person's psn?

You know, I never thought to check really. I don't really pay attention to PSN names too often. His character was wearing a cowboy hat, and he was owning me, all I recall. lol

Footos22

How are the 2 trophies to get the journeys done for someone that sucks at the mp? Is it doable?

Yeah, easily doable. If you suck that bad just leave the easy missions until you get to a 100% population risk event. I think this happens about 5 times.

Other then that just do well enough to get enough supplies.
Heal, revive and gift will give you more supplies then you need. Cos if you suck that bad you arent gonna need too many to keep them fed.

The metagame is pretty much redundant apart from the 100% risk events.

Top Bottom