• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Really? I'm finding games almost instantly now. (Supply Raid)

edit: Wow people really don't like home town do you they? It's the last one I need for the trophies, and it has been a landslide voting against it every time.

I'm in under 2 min after the patch. I was around 30 min or so before. I usually play no party raid.

I've found games instantly almost always before the patch. Now it's taking upwards of 5 minutes.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much

EDIT: Also I'm sick of being put with idiots. Last 4 games were all 3 Vs. 4 with me being on the 3 man team and my teammates don't revive and sprint round everywhere

Does anyone think the supply system is kind of broken? If your team is dominating, you end up with less supply points than if you played a tight match.

peace_out_alien_dude_sculpture_acrylic_cut_out-rd237956088ea4e4494349ce9a170647d_x7saw_8byvr_512.jpg
I need 2.

People for the team that is.

Played a couple of hours alone last night and it was a goddamn nightmare, the amount of noobs is unbelievable.

What really pisses me off is when playing Interrogation and idiots execute my deaths when we still need interrogations!

Strider

still wouldnt make sense. it all depends on how he plays, if he gets a lot of downs/kills then he'll have enough supplies

Nah it does make sense. When you're on a stacked team and your teammates do really well and there's nothing left for you to get you don't get many supplies. Just had a game where that happened to me.

4 downs 4 executes 0 deaths. but basically no supplies bc my teammates were dominating

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It really bothers me it's impossible to stop an execution from killing someone.

Yep. Nearly threw my PS3 out the window from seeing that happen in a survivor/one-life-to-live mode.

Throw in that the "support" semi-auto is pretty shitty. I can put three bullets of a seven magazine it someones chest only for them to run right up and beat me to death. Uh...?

(So yeah, I'm not enjoying the multiplayer)

Gray Matter

Nah it does make sense. When you're on a stacked team and your teammates do really well and there's nothing left for you to get you don't get many supplies. Just had a game where that happened to me.

4 downs 4 executes 0 deaths. but basically no supplies bc my teammates were dominating

well, doesnt mean its broken. you just gotta do better :p

Superflat

Yeah! Played 50 multiplayer games and got fucked by a 100% population risk mission, resetting me back to zero as far as getting their dumbass trophy!

Superflat

Which mission did you try to do?

I wasn't able to down enough players I think. I didn't know they raised the number significantly higher each time so I ran out of the ones that were easy for me :T

Not sure if the game told me that beforehand or not, but for someone who's kinda crap at MP like me, it was a death knell, lol

mstevens

I wasn't able to down enough players I think. I didn't know they raised the number significantly higher each time so I ran out of the ones that were easy for me :T

Not sure if the game told me that beforehand or not, but for someone who's kinda crap at MP like me, it was a death knell, lol

I'm crap at this MP, so if I can do it, you can do it.

For my 5 100%s I did downs , executions, gifts, healing and i'm going to do healing for my 5th and final one.

Those should be easy. If you get to your 3rd day, though, and you're not going to get it done because the match is going poorly, you can hit the playstation button, close application, and you'll be back to the start of that day when you get back in. You shouldn't have to do it, but it's nice to know the option is there.

Superflat

I'm crap at this MP, so if I can do it, you can do it.

For my 5 100%s I did downs, executions, gifts, healing and i'm going to do healing for my 5th and final one.

Yeah as long as i strategically leave the easy ones only for 100% risk missions, it's more than doable. I just didn't know till it was too late *_*

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Noticing a problem of shooting planted bombs, especially with hunting rifle. Bullets seem to not hit. Not just with the most recent patch either.

But a bigger problem that we faced twice tonight: party leader getting switched to the other team. It even switched when it was 3 vs 4, switched one of us so that a random was in the party team and one of us was on the random team. What makes it more annoying is that like 20 seconds into the match it will add the missing players anyway. Needs to be fixed, very frustrating.

ButchCassidy386

Neo Member
There's nothing worse than sneaking around only for an idiot random to sprint right around you drawing attention.

I'm also tired of losing a gun battle to a damn 2x4.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the MP, from a first time player.

TyrantII

isn't that the whole point to try and make it more competitive instead of one team curb stomping the other?

He's talking about supply cans / parts; not the items given from boxes.

I kinda agree. There should be big can bonuses for squad wipes and for routing other teams. Otherwise your only option is to throw matches to keep a large clan alive.

TyrantII

Yeah! Played 50 multiplayer games and got fucked by a 100% population risk mission, resetting me back to zero as far as getting their dumbass trophy!

Always play supply raid for the 3 days during a 100% attack. More chances to move around and get downs. Also save the easier challenges for those matches.

Conversely survivor and interrogation is better for clan building.

Technically interrogation is also great for challenges as well, as long as your team can dominate and then hang back getting downs and crafting at will.

Man, been seeing a lot of this tonight. They could at least leave their parts, I earned them!

http://youtu.be/as4ApZNj7nY

I've been spoiled by the dedicated servers available on CoD Ghost and BF4, so going back to PvP is so janky and weird. It's been a long time since I've played a game that allows any sort of host advantage (reminds me of MW2 and GeoW), but it's beyond clear when you're host in this game. You can get away with so much bs like shooting while being shived or on fire, only to walk away from it without any damage.

mstevens

Always play supply raid for the 3 days during a 100% attack. More chances to move around and get downs. Also save the easier challenges for those matches.

Conversely survivor and interrogation is better for clan building.

Technically interrogation is also great for challenges as well, as long as your team can dominate and then hang back getting downs and crafting at will.

I haven't played survivor much.. why would it be better for clan building but not for the challenges?

nelchaar

Cheeky strategy: when you are downed, and there's a nail bomb planted for you team around you, just drag yourself over it, and wait for the enemy to come execute you.

Boom. Works like a charm. I've done it a bunch of times already. Pretty funny too.

TyrantII

I haven't played survivor much.. why would it be better for clan building but not for the challenges?

You tend to get more parts / supplies in that mode, but its quicker and one side tends to dominate, and thus makes downs and crafting harder to get, unless you throw a few matches when winning. If losing, you can really mess up a challenge.

noobie

Banned
Played a couple of hours alone last night and it was a goddamn nightmare, the amount of noobs is unbelievable.

What really pisses me off is when playing Interrogation and idiots execute my deaths when we still need interrogations!

Does this means game is selling well and bringing in new audience?

jediyoshi

Ever since the patch I've been getting disconnected from games like crazy. Only saving grace is that I'm not getting penalized a day

edit: scratch that, just bad internet tonight for me

Jinjo

Does anyone know how much shorter the fuse times for bombs are when using the different bomb expert levels? Is there much to be gained in fuse time reduction when using bomb expert 3 compared to 2 or is it just the smoke stun immunity you get?

Anyone got any idea?

so I haven't played Mp since Tuesday: has the matchmaking improved since the patch?

will I be able to play with my friends whom I told to buy the game haha

Is anyone who's populated their clan with Facebook friends got broken integration? Since launch I just get an infinite loading symbol for my Facebook friends.

I had the PS3 version day one and never had this problem so I'm wondering if it's just me or If it's something ND gotta fix.

Loving Factions all over again

Kyoufu

Matchmaking has been way better since the patch. Good stuff.

I still can't get used to the Semi Auto though. It feels so slow even though it's supposed to have a higher fire rate than the Full Auto. :|

Anyone got some good loadout recommendations? I'm someone who likes to shoot more than craft and bombs and stuff and I also like to keep on the move

VNZ

In PAL-land it seems completely impossible to find a game now. Very bad form not to roll out the client-side patch for all regions simultaneously...

TyrantII

Found this from a forum at PS3Trophies, very useful to know when the risk missions are coming.
clayser-albums-checklists-picture33536-mission-chart-including-population-change-ver-2-a.png

also
TheLastofUsMissionObjectiveChecklist.png

Shiv executions should be listed as very, very easy. Pick running perk and crafting perks, and 95% of the time grabbing supplies from two boxes will yield enough materials to craft 1 shiv and 1 smoke bomb.

Then you just got to use the smoke bomb, run straight at the guy and shiv from the front.

It's even pretty easy to do Shiv 2 & 3; 9 and 15 respectively for level 3 challenges.

Top Bottom