• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
!? omg.... I was trolled then

Sorry for misleading you guys.. I actually thought it was a legit picture. I have removed the picture+posts

My apologies

You ought to be ashamed for posting that shit without understanding what you've posted. Looking at the quotes from other GAF members, you were being hostile and came off like you were presenting a revelation in a thread that does not need it, especially one oozing with fallacy.

On topic: Keep the screens coming.

glottis8

Banned
Ah. I had no idea?
This doesn't happen in grounded or normal?
Might want to restart the game then as I never got these on PS3.

It's just tiny things though. Everything else looks and runs brilliantly.
The sound seems to be a serious step up as well, although that might be my memory playing tricks on me. Don't think so though.

Yea... they are not game breaking bugs... but abnormal ones that detract from immersion imo. Most of them are how things interact and animations breaking. Very weird stuff. I dunno about Grounded, i have not played the game on that difficulty. I would check the forums tho to see if other people are having issues.

This game i played on hard and found nothing to break. Except for a body that when killed attached itself to the ceiling.

Vitor711

Of course there is. Maybe not every human on this planet is the same.

I'll go back to 30FPS on PC without too much of an issue when the game in question looks substantially better with settings dialled up.

However, people who claim to prefer 30FPS to 60FPS for any other reason besides motion sickness, now that's just madness.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'll go back to 30FPS on PC without too much of an issue when the game in question looks substantially better with settings dialled up.

However, people who claim to prefer 30FPS to 60FPS for any other reason besides motion sickness, now that's just madness.
Exactly. This zealotry seems to be more associated with people that just learned about the good book.

Just because one individual "can never go back" doesn't mean the rest of the world are just ignorant of the truth and the only reason they disagree is because they haven't tried it.
My PC was more expensive than some very vocal people that keep on posting about 60FPS in every single thread they participate in so maybe there is some other argument than ignorance of the promised land.

I still don't understand
how in the intro on the news the explosion happens then you see it outside the window. shouldn't it be the other way around?
Very minor spoiler about the beginning of the game above but still a spoiler so click at your own risk

I only have European PS+, if I buy the US version on PSN and log in with my EU account will I still get access to bonus stuff etc?

You will get the pre order bonus, but it won't carry over the season pass items like guns and perks. So if you have already bought them on Eu account on ps3, then buy the US ps4 version you will have to buy the guns and perks again if you want to use them.

benny_a

I still don't understand
how in the intro on the news the explosion happens then you see it outside the window. shouldn't it be the other way around?
Aren't there two explosions? One simultaneously with the TV and the other that you only see through the window because the TV signal is gone.

kaskade

Any good feature articles with some good insight into making the game? This or the original. Looking for some reading material to hold me over until I get home from work.

LuuKyK

I still don't understand
Very minor spoiler about the beginning of the game above but still a spoiler so click at your own risk

There are multiple explosions.

MCasey

Just a heads up to anyone getting a physical copy, I just received this email from Target:

if9ub3fr

It's currently not letting me do in store pick up right now for TLoU (could be because it literally just came out), but try later on/tomorrow. Other games seem to working fine though. It automatically applies $10 off when you select in store pick up.

Anyone get this to work yet? Keeps saying it's not eligible for in store pickup, but it's in stock at the store.

Holy crap. After playing the single player for an hour or so I switched to 30FPS.
The difference is HUGE. Its like night and day.
But you actually adapt to the 30FPS look pretty quickly and after a few minutes it didn't bother me anymore. I still switched back to 60 tough.

Z_Y

So...uhhh...I forgot to pre-order on PSN last night. Bought it this morning. Confirm page said I had until December 31(?), 2014 to download my pre-order bonuses (or something like that..I was still half asleep)

Do I get the pre-order bonuses or am I too late?

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...8 hours till I'll be able to even load up this game. Why does work have to exist?

No.

It's only accessible from the bonus section, which means you have to beat the game to unlock all the cutscenes.

Boo...I wanted my in-game commentary. It is cool that they did do it for the game, but was what I initially hoped for.

Gurish

A question only for people who've played all the versions (PS3+PS4) of these games: how do you find this remaster job compared to TR:DE? Which one do you think is more impressive? Which one improved more compared to its PS3 counterpart?

In other words- which is the better one in your opinion? (without factoring game quality- only remaster quality)

Thanks

meppi

So I gave 30fps mode a try and within 15 seconds went back to 60fps.

I cant even see why this option exists, it is awful.

Same here. Once you try the 60fps mode and switch to 30, the game seems to be broken.
Never had any issue with the PS3 version though, but on PS4 I know I'll never go back to the 30fps mode. The difference is massive. And the so called superior shadows are so insignificant when actually playing the game that they don't even tempt me in the slightest.

Also the detail in the character models is unbelievable. I couldn't stop staring at Richard's teeth! Lol
It all looks so real.

I'm doing the Gamestop Upgrade thing tonight. I've never traded in a game at gamestop, do I need to bring anything other than the case with the disc in it?

benny_a

Started download remotely like 2 hours ago and phone says the game is already playable? Damn son that was fast.
It downloads the rest in the background while you play*. That's the PlayGo system.

* = Not all modes will be immediately accessible, but depending on what you chose you can play multiplayer or the main singleplayer campaign.

You guys this game is fucking awesome. Any Ps4 owner needs to have it in their library. Never trade it in! And It is especially a treat for me on Ps4 because i never finished it (purposely) on Ps3!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Same here. Once you try the 60fps mode and switch to 30, the game seems to be broken.
Never had any issue with the PS3 version though, but on PS4 I know I'll never go back to the 30fps mode. The difference is massive. And the so called superior shadows are so insignificant when actually playing the game that they don't even tempt me in the slightest.

Also the detail in the character models is unbelievable. I couldn't stop staring at Richard's teeth! Lol
It all looks so real.

Meppi you got remaster? haha my man. Hopefully you play factions sometimes.

Top Bottom