• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

jett

D-Member
Man, what the eff, not even a small little pamphlet in the case? Sony is mad cheap.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was like a cool, decently made digital booklet in the disc. But no, there's just nothing these days. At least I got some stickers with my PS3 copy. :p

Hoje0308

Banned
I going to make some time Friday night to play some MP together, David too!!

And whoever bros want to stick this up into the ass are invited too!1

Aww man, I really want to play with you guys too but I will be at the beach this weekend. I guess I shouldn't complain too much but I am one of those sad individuals that would rather be playing my brand new game than strolling on the beach lol.

I will have a new schedule as of next week so I'll be able to play with you guys more often.

Also, I love that I can post a picture of the game next to a bottle of lube without much notice. These threads have been great! Love you, GAF.

Raptor

Aww man, I really want to play with you guys too but I will be at the beach this weekend. I guess I shouldn't complain too much but I am one of those sad individuals that would rather be playing my brand new game than strolling on the beach lol.

I know the feeling lol, we can always play next weekend or on weekdays!!

I will have a new schedule as of next week so I'll be able to play with you guys more often.

Also, I love that I can post a picture of the game next to a bottle of lube without much notice. These threads have been great! Love you, GAF.

I know the feeling lol, we can always play next weekend or on weekdays!!

Of course, there is plenty of time to play
Unless the Apocalypse happens first of course
later.

Hey Hoje0308, I just saw you were checking out the headset app on the playstation app. Any chance the TLOU sound profile is there yet?

Woah, woah.

Is that really the in game model?

Yes_i_did.gif

Glorious, right?

ugh baby sitting duties strike for the first time of many this week sigh i guess i can't complain i got to play a little and discovered that i really like mp and photomode even though i suck at getting good angles.

Moofers

I know that feel, but take the beach, man! This is my favorite game of all time, but I'd take a day at the beach with my wife over this. The game will still be there waiting for you afterward, while the beach isn't always an option. Ya feel me?

That said, the pic with the bottle of lube was pretty awesome. That kind of silly shit is why I love GAF.

Hoje0308

Banned
Of course, there is plenty of time to play
Unless the Apocalypse happens first of course
later.

Hey Hoje0308, I just saw you were checking out the headset app on the playstation app. Any chance the TLOU sound profile is there yet?

Unfortunately, no. I just did a custom job, heavy on the bass and highs. Hopefully that does the trick.

Damn I'm just sitting at work trying to get through the day so I can pick my game up from Gamestop. So ready to dive back into this game.

If anyone wants people to play MP with hit me up!

PSNID: nycredude

Carlisle

Jesus, those 60fps streams are silk on butter. Dunno why I was sitting on the fence about trading in my PS3 version for this. Collection? Nostalgia? Forever incomplete trophy list? Eff that. Damn.

Hzoltan69

I'm not a huge console gamer, so forgive me if this is a dumb question:

I am in the EU and have a retail copy. Is it safe to play today (1 day before official release date)?

Codiox

On my way home, I hope my ps4 downloaded all of the game since morning. Can't wait!

GAF, what difficulty would you recommend? I only played 1 normal run on the Ps3. Nothing else.

Got a copy a day early thanks to either blind luck or a cashier that really thinks highly of me...I went to pick up a copy of TLOU PS3 (for a friend), and then, lo and behold, cashier walks out with my pre-order copy of TLOU:R....I jjust walked cooly out of the store, got to the parking lot and HRRRRNNNNGG OH MY GOD I GOT IT EARLY SEE YOU SUCKERS!!

I wanted to just play the prologue last night...ended up playing for 2 hours. 60FPS makes this game smooooooooth as butter, and just the resolution and textures (most) everywhere look fantastic. the cinematics look like they were dumped into the UC4 engine and re-rendered (Joel and Tess in the cinematics match Drake in that UC4 reveal, easy).

Moofers

On my way home, I hope my ps4 downloaded all of the game since morning. Can't wait!

GAF, what difficulty would you recommend? I only played 1 normal run on the Ps3. Nothing else.

Since you did normal already, bump up to Hard and give that a go to get your feet wet again. Keep Listen mode on. Everyone here is out of their damn minds. Just have it on and try not to use it if you wanna convince yourself that you're hardcore or whatever. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

hesido

I started downloading the game, I had set it to auto download if I recall correctly but I manually had to start my download. Start manually if you haven't already..

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Am I right in that there is no PlayStation Gold Headset setting for this? Any word on if that it will come later? PS3 had settings for the Pulse Elite if I'm correct.

-griffy-

Banned
Am I right in that there is no PlayStation Gold Headset setting for this? Any word on if that it will come later? PS3 had settings for the Pulse Elite if I'm correct.

They've said they are considering it for the PS4 app, but nothing concrete or anything.

stormplyr

Just ordered my copy thru amazon utilizing some trade ins. Looking forward to getting it Thursday since I never finished the game on PS3 :D

Is there a download for the pre order bonus stuff? I just redeemed my code from Amazon into PSN store and it doesn't seem like anything downloaded.

Shin-Ra

Should be coming according to the FAQ unless it's just an in-game setting that works well with the headphones at a default/game setting.

http://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/faq.html
  • Audio Menu and Settings Enhancements:
    • All audio assets updated to the highest bit rate ATRAC9 codec
    • Enhanced environmental audio including updated reverb algorithms
    • Added new Audio Output options for specific device types including more customization for dynamic range and speaker angles
    • Native support for Sony surround headphones with specific preset for Elite and Gold models
I hadn't heard of ATRAC9 before.

Codiox

Since you did normal already, bump up to Hard and give that a go to get your feet wet again. Keep Listen mode on. Everyone here is out of their damn minds. Just have it on and try not to use it if you wanna convince yourself that you're hardcore or whatever. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Thanks, I will roll with your suggestion. What is this grounded mode everyone talks about though?

When I bought my PS4 500Go Last of Us Remastered bundle today, my store gave me a card, labeled "The Last of Us Remastered" with instructions to redeem a voucher code (expiring December 31st 2015).

Tried to redeem it now, doesn't work ("code is wrong or expired"). Seeing as the game doesn't release until tomorrow in the EU, do you think that's the problem with the code?
Because only the name of the game is obvious on that card, I don't even know what it is for. Any ideas? Survival Pack DLC per chance? They had quite a few of them so I guess every buyer of the game gets one.

Top Bottom