• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

thatJohann

Ok, so I rebooted my PS4 and it fixed the textures not loading in Last of us remastered.

I selected multiplayer first, then it downloaded the rest while I played multiplayer, and another chunk (20 minutes) after the intro. So maybe by playing, it kept some kind of compressed textures mode, that only disengaged when I reset my ps4.

Good to know, thanks. Btw, this is my first digital purchase. Do you get notified when the full 44GB have been downloaded? So that you know it should all be there?

icespide

Banned
Good to know, thanks. Btw, this is my first digital purchase. Do you get notified when the full 44GB have been downloaded? So that you know it should all be there?

in the OS with TLOU selected click the options button and then select information. it will tell you the download status there

thatJohann

in the OS with TLOU selected click the options button and then select information. it will tell you the download status there

Thanks my friend. Will check that out when I get home. I had to switch my PS4 from ethernet to wifi connection and the PS4 wireless speeds are about as bad as it gets. I hope at least the 11GB for single player is downloaded when I get home this evening.

Hook up with some GAF people and we'll get you straight. I decided I need to play the story mode for a few nights to get acclimated again before playing MP this weekend.

Yeah, I played it a ton on the PS3, but in moments of stress I revert to the old buttons. Muscle memory is a bitch, haha.

For people who traded the PS3 version in at gamestop, do you need to include the case/manual or is just the disc fine? Would rather keep it on my shelf if possible :p

Kurdel

Banned
TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140729121634_zpsceb0777e.jpg

It took a reboot after download to become a nice looking game.

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140729122210_zps1f9e9269.jpg

I don't think there was a notification while I was playing the multiplayer. I just got out of a match, saw it was ready, and jumped in.

Brought the game home, popped it in my PS4 and bam, killzone update, system update, don't starve update, war thunder update...wtf lol

Any updates on if Grounded and Grounded + will be enough to get all the joel/weapon upgrades and shiv doors?

Just picked this up. Wasn't sure I was going to get it since I've played and beaten the PS3 version multiple times, but with Game Stop offering the Remastered version for $25 with the PS3 version trade in, I couldn't help myself.

And fuck, I'm glad I got it. This looks NUTS at 60 fps. Falling in love all over again.

meppi

Is anyone else's PS4 being a piece of shit and saying "Preparing to Install" on System Update 1.75?

I've been stuck on this for like 20 minutes and I can't get online.

The easiest way to force it to update that I found was to click the store.
Once it tries to connect it'll ask you to start the update at that point.

Also I can't be the only one who just loves to turn the flashlight on and off without reason just because I love the sound it makes as it comes out of the controller.
So dumb, yet so satisfying. lol

Sad that this 'critically acclaimed' remastered edition comes in a regular ass Blu-Ray box while a regular copy of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition comes in this beautiful deluxe package.

Brought the game home, popped it in my PS4 and bam, killzone update, system update, don't starve update, war thunder update...wtf lol

Any updates on if Grounded and Grounded + will be enough to get all the joel/weapon upgrades and shiv doors?

Do you not leave your system in standby? All those should patch automatically except for installing the system update.

And I think other people said you don't get enough supplies in 2 grounded runs to upgrade everything, you need to do at least 1 more play

Krejlooc

Banned
Played through the prologue last night. Looks great, 60 fps makes a huge difference IMO. The cutscenes look terrific. Noticed a tiny bit of frame drop early on when I was making my way through the city after the prologue, but had to turn it off and go to bed.

Can't wait to play through this again.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll be honest. I never beat LOU for PS3 because the frame rate annoyed me. Game was amazing but sometimes it never clicked with me. I am about to buy it again, wish me luck. XD!

Do you not leave your system in standby? All those should patch automatically except for installing the system update.

And I think other people said you don't get enough supplies in 2 grounded runs to upgrade everything, you need to do at least 1 more play

No I don't, not around this time of year anyway, we get storms constantly and I'm afraid of a power outage messing up my PS4.

Damn, I've already played it through like 4 times, trying to minimize my runs here, lol.

Spy

I have a few questions before I start my first playthrough.

What's the recommended difficulty for a first timer? If I were to beat the game on Hard, would that allow me to do my second playthrough on Grounded Plus?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to firing this up a bit after work.

I was going to hold off and wait for a deal since I played it on PS3, but I decided to ditch my 3DSXL after finishing up the last game in my current backlog and realizing there was nothing announced I gave a crap about. With the extra 50% promo for trade ins toward TLOU, I got $101 something for it--not bad since I bought it used for $125 with a game off Craigslist.

So ended up with TLOU: Remastered, a $50 PSN card and a buck and change in credit left over. Will be a nice hold over until Destiny!

Hoje0308

Banned
I just started on Grounded and realized that there are a lot of button prompts missing. It's been a year since I played the game so I've managed to forget a lot. Most are easy to figure out, but I do remember that there will be QTEs and other special situations that require specific button presses. Is there a page that has all of these listed? I Googled quick and got a bunch of forum results. Sorry GAF, but I need your help.

I know we have like a million TLOU threads already, but it'd be nice to have one for first timers only. Might be wrong here, but I think this thread'll be mostly people replaying it. I'd love to have a thread that is 100% first time impressions.

Me too! That would be awesome if someone could make one :). It will be my first time playing tonight and I can't help but feel like someone will spoil something in this thread.

bombshell

What's the recommended difficulty for a first timer? If I were to beat the game on Hard, would that allow me to do my second playthrough on Grounded Plus?

Hard is recommended.

New Game Plus is only available on the difficulty you completed the game on, BUT on PS3 it was possible to do a difficulty glitch where you play the prologue in New Game Plus on that difficulty, quit to main menu and then you could start New Game Plus on survivor/grounded and get all the completion trophies when completing the game.

I've not yet seen confirmation if this glitch is still present in the PS4 version.

Moofers

No. Plus games are only possible for the difficulty level you finished to get to that point. So Normal -> Normal Plus, Grounded -> Grounded Plus, etc.

I just started on Grounded and realized that there are a lot of button prompts missing. It's been a year since I played the game so I've managed to forget a lot. Most are easy to figure out, but I do remember that there will be QTEs and other special situations that require specific button presses. Is there a page that has all of these listed? I Googled quick and got a bunch of forum results. Sorry GAF, but I need your help.

Pretty sure that the reason they're gone is because Grounded Mode. Completely HUD-less.

Spy

Hard is recommended.

New Game Plus is only available on the difficulty you completed the game on, BUT on PS3 it was possible to do a difficulty glitch where you play the prologue in New Game Plus on that difficulty, quit to main menu and then you could start New Game Plus on survivor/grounded and get all the completion trophies when completing the game.

I've not yet seen confirmation if this glitch is still present in the PS4 version.

No. Plus games are only possible for the difficulty level you finished to get to that point. So Normal -> Normal Plus, Grounded -> Grounded Plus, etc.
I guess I'm playing on Grounded, thanks!

Top Bottom