• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Mdesilva

I've had this on PS3 since Black Friday, and didn't play more than a couple hours. I really liked it but just never got around to it. I'm thinking for $25 that I'll trade up. Good or bad call, now that the game is out and you guys have played it?

Papacheeks

Banned
When I bought my PS4 500Go Last of Us Remastered bundle today, my store gave me a card, labeled "The Last of Us Remastered" with instructions to redeem a voucher code (expiring December 31st 2015).

Tried to redeem it now, doesn't work ("code is wrong or expired"). Seeing as the game doesn't release until tomorrow in the EU, do you think that's the problem with the code?
Because only the name of the game is obvious on that card, I don't even know what it is for. Any ideas? Survival Pack DLC per chance? They had quite a few of them so I guess every buyer of the game gets one.

Yes, they are usually time sensitive.
Same thing happened to me on steam, I was given a code for my Birthday for Sniper Elite V2. Couldn't activate till text day.

Vire

Is anyone else's PS4 being a piece of shit and saying "Preparing to Install" on System Update 1.75?

I've been stuck on this for like 20 minutes and I can't get online.

GavinUK86

Is anyone else's PS4 being a piece of shit and saying "Preparing to Install" on System Update 1.75?

No, but it does sound like a jet engine when playing the game. Loudest I've ever heard it.

Vitor711

The%20Last%20of%20Us%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2%20Remastered_20140729110149.jpg

Uh, wow.

That's phenomenal.

man the beginning of this game gets me every time. This is the first game to make me cry
people complaining about the shadows at 60fps are crazy they look fine. definitly not worth sacrificing 60fps for slightly better shadows the game looks fantastic at 60 fps.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. That opening scene! I can already tell the linearity etc. won't sit well with me, but so far I'm very invested in the story.

Binabik15

Nope, downloaded in roughly a minute for me.

I'm so close to buying the US version on Amazon. Will I get an email with a code to input in the PSN store from an US account? Any account? How does this work?

Ur_momshere

Neo Member
Wow. That opening scene! I can already tell the linearity etc. won't sit well with me, but so far I'm very invested in the story.
Playing the game and writing stuff on NeoGaf.

Great way to play the best game of all times.

Turn off the computer now and immerse yourself! :p

SO many people who haven't played this masterpiece. I can't believe it. Wish I could forget my first play through. For all newcomers have fun! Just a few more hours for me and I'm in there!

You will have a little more space to explore and look around the further you get into it, but don't expect Skyrim-levels of freedom, lol. It's a linear, story-focused, character-driven game.

XxCGSxX

So uh the preorder bonuses are on my download list but I can't download them and when I got to the PSN web store it also shows up but when I click on 1 of the 4 item it tells me the page doesn't exist :/, help?

So uh the preorder bonuses are on my download list but I can't download them and when I got to the PSN web store it also shows up but when I click on 1 of the 4 item it tells me the page doesn't exist :/, help?

Same here, I dunno. Assuming we don't have to download anything. It shows in Library as well.

They downloaded with the game for me.

Go to your 'library' and find the TLOUR "My add ons" and it should show a bunch of them when you go in there. If it says "installed" beside each one like mine did, then you're good

Kurdel

Banned
Anyone have issues with textures not loading?

edit: More details. Digital PS4 just downloaded and some assets were just super low res. I looked up the digital foundry video and their textures are 1000 times better than mine.

I just rebooted my Ps4 wish me luck.

XxCGSxX

They downloaded with the game for me.

Go to your 'library' and find the TLOUR "My add ons" and it should show a bunch of them when you go in there. If it says "installed" beside each one like mine did, then you're good
Yep, inserted the disc and they showed up as installed, thanks! So excited to play it for the first time!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

I know we have like a million TLOU threads already, but it'd be nice to have one for first timers only. Might be wrong here, but I think this thread'll be mostly people replaying it. I'd love to have a thread that is 100% first time impressions.

hypotc

I know we have like a million TLOU threads already, but it'd be nice to have one for first timers only. Might be wrong here, but I think this thread'll be mostly people replaying it. I'd love to have a thread that is 100% first time impressions.

I agree!

Garibaldi

My buddy from work just received his copy in the post from Asda. We're in the UK. The lucky bastard...mine is still pre loading and I know he's playing.

I'm gonna murder him. I love this game so much...oh wait, it can't be love.

thatJohann

Anyone have issues with textures not loading?

edit: More details. Digital PS4 just downloaded and some assets were just super low res. I looked up the digital foundry video and their textures are 1000 times better than mine.

I just rebooted my Ps4 wish me luck.

Ah now you got me stressed. I'm at the office and I have the digital game downloading back at the apartment. I selected single player first and file size went from 44GB to 11GB. I'm hoping that maybe the higher res assets come in once the whole 44GB are downloaded?

Did the reboot solve the low res assets problem?

Kurdel

Banned
Ok, so I rebooted my PS4 and it fixed the textures not loading in Last of us remastered.

Did the reboot solve the low res assets problem?

I selected multiplayer first, then it downloaded the rest while I played multiplayer, and another chunk (20 minutes) after the intro. So maybe by playing, it kept some kind of compressed textures mode, that only disengaged when I reset my ps4.

Yup I agree, I suggested the same earlier lol:

We need another seperate OT for first time player impressions haha

Were gonna need ANOTHER OT for all the OTs!

The Last of us: Remastered OT's |OT| Why can't I hold all these OT's?

The Last of us: Remastered OT's |OT| 60 OT's per second

Top Bottom