• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Kubr1ck

Neo Member
Anyone else having problems streaming to Twitch. I get an error message on screen saying 'Cannot connect to server. Chat disabled'. None of the game audio stream either.

Downloaded this last night at 1am and stayed up all night playing it. Looks amazing. Still getting used to the gameplay but man this is amazing.

OneUh8

I have a few questions before I start my first playthrough.

What's the recommended difficulty for a first timer? If I were to beat the game on Hard, would that allow me to do my second playthrough on Grounded Plus?

This will be my first playthrough also. Most people have recommended playing Hard with listen mode off. That is what I am going to do first. Then going with survivor my second playthrough to try and get the platinum. I have no idea how difficult the game really is, but hard with listen mode off seemed to be the most recommended.

This game is going to top the charts. Went to Gamestop today to pick up my pre order.
Apparently it's all sold out for those who didn't pre order.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
This will be my first playthrough also. Most people have recommended playing Hard with listen mode off. That is what I am going to do first. Then going with survivor my second playthrough to try and get the platinum. I have no idea how difficult the game really is, but hard with listen mode off seemed to be the most recommended.

There's no one size fits all answer since everyone has different skill levels, frustration tolerance, desired challenge level etc.

I did my PS3 play through on Normal and used the hell out of listen mode. I'll probably do the same with my PS4 playthrough as I'm more there for the story, characters, scenery, atmosphere etc. than challenge--especially for TLOU since I'm not a huge fan of stealth gameplay. Too much trial and error encounters for my liking, and listen mode takes out some of that guess work. Other's love that type of gameplay, and hard with no listen mode is the best fit for a first run.

bombshell

How do you heal another player with a first aid kit in MP?

And I'd there a way to see if you have the gore enabled?

You can't heal others with the first aid kits you pick up.

You need to equip First Aid Training 2 in your loadout and then hold X when near a teammate.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
This game is going to top the charts. Went to Gamestop today to pick up my pre order.
Apparently it's all sold out for those who didn't pre order.

Wasn't at my local one. Had no issue walking in and doing a trade in and scoring a copy without a preorder. They had at least one box full of them on the floor by the cashier, and some on a shelf behind the counter (guessing those were the one's set aside for preorders since she grabbed one from the box for me).

GravyButt

Just started playing. Got to to the part were my ps3 conked out, about 25 minutes in. So awesome, love this game.

Tried MP for the first time ever. Didnt go so good haha but was fun.

Also my local GS was sold out incept for preorders and my local Walmart had 2 copies left.

Moofers

I really feel like people who recommend this are doing you a disservice. Its important to learn how to use Listen Mode for the multiplayer. And nobody is forcing you to use it, its just better to have it in case of an emergency and opt to not rely on it all the time.

Spy

Definitely not recommended for a first timer to play on grounded for the first playthrough!

Big mistake if its your first time. You're robbing yourself of the nice challenge and flow that you'll experience in Normal or Hard for your first time.

Otherwise, go nuts I guess.
I want all of the trophies and I already have a hard time beating a game twice. Three might be too much. Hard > Grounded > Grounded Plus

Moofers

How do you heal another player with a first aid kit in MP?

And I'd there a way to see if you have the gore enabled?

You gotta equip the 2nd or 3rd level of the healing perk. I forget which. Also can't check the other question for you as I don't have my game yet! (But I played the shit outta PS3 so thats how I know about the healing)

I want all of the trophies and I already have a hard time beating a game twice. Three might be too much. Hard > Grounded > Grounded Plus

You need to upgrade Joel, his weapons, and enough shivs to open doors.

When going from hard to grounded, you'll lose all progress from hard.

You need a bare minimum of 2 playthroughs to get everything done. I'm debating starting on Grounded then doing Grounded + hoping that it will be enough. Problem being is that there are less supplies on harder difficulties, so I don't know if it'l be enough to get it all done in 2.

So quick question, all the hats and stuff we got with the season pass, do we have to download all that again for this? Or is it on the disc

You need to upgrade Joel, his weapons, and enough shivs to open doors.

When going from hard to grounded, you'll lose all progress from hard.

You need a bare minimum of 2 playthroughs to get everything done. I'm debating starting on Grounded then doing Grounded + hoping that it will be enough. Problem being is that there are less supplies on harder difficulties, so I don't know if it'l be enough to get it all done in 2.

It won't be.

Vire

Doing Grounded for the first time, so far so good. The framerate is like buttah.

My only complaint is that with the 1080p resolution some of the texture deficiencies become more apparent.

Hoje0308

Banned
Pretty sure that the reason they're gone is because Grounded Mode. Completely HUD-less.

I know that, I actually beat the game on Survivor+ when I had my PS3. The problem is that it's been so long that I forgot what buttons to press. Was hoping you guys would know where I can find that info. I guess I'll just look up a guide that hopefully shows all of that. I should have just done a quick Hard run to get acquainted again.

I know that, I actually beat the game on Survivor+ when I had my PS3. The problem is that it's been so long that I forgot what buttons to press. Was hoping you guys would know where I can find that info. I guess I'll just look up a guide that hopefully shows all of that. I should have just done a quick Hard run to get acquainted again.

Correct me if I am wrong but how are you supposed to do QTE's without the prompt to tell you what to hit?

Binabik15

Nope, downloaded in roughly a minute for me.

I'm so close to buying the US version on Amazon. Will I get an email with a code to input in the PSN store from an US account? Any account? How does this work?

Self-quote.

I'm trying to create a US account since I can't remember my old login data for my "get US demos" account, but it won't take the postal code I entered. I chose University of Alaska, and have the same 99775 I used on Amazon without hassle. What is a real code? Google says the zip is 99775 and the area code 907. Both won't work.

Tell me how your system works, US GAF ;_;

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I really need to ignore photo mode for the first run through. So tempting to just spin the camera around at every moment and check things out.

Also leaving camera mode enabled means you can't do any of the QTE 'look at this thing happening' moments as they are mapped to L3 too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I really need to ignore photo mode for the first run through. So tempting to just spin the camera around at every moment and check things out.

Also leaving camera mode enabled means you can't do any of the QTE 'look at this thing happening' moments as they are mapped to L3 too.

Those actually override photomode....

bombshell

Hm didn't hear anything on that. If someone can confirm that then that would be great, but I assumed it was just options like turn off listen mode which was in the PS3 version.

PS4 has a Show HUD toggle:

PnVWqEA.jpg

Hoje0308

Banned
Correct me if I am wrong but how are you supposed to do QTE's without the prompt to tell you what to hit?

I shouldn't have said QTE. I meant that there are certain sequences you initiate with a button press, then the next button you have to press isn't shown on screen and results in you not getting the desired result. On Grounded that usually means death, so I called it a QTE.

On survivor there weren't enough parts/supplies on a second playthrough to max my weapons and do the doors.

Now that you mention it. I remember why I had to do 4 playthroughs now. Because I had to get to the Flamethrower again after my Survivor+ run.

Anyway, someone on gamefaq is saying that NG+ glitch still works.

Because it's always same button, square for takedown, triangle for shiv (if you have one) ;)

Ok, gotcha. Thanks!

I shouldn't have said QTE. I meant that there are certain sequences you initiate with a button press, then the next button you have to press isn't shown on screen and results in you not getting the desired result. On Grounded that usually means death, so I called it a QTE.

Yea, I think grounded will be too much for me lol. That unfortunately sounds more cheap than challenging IMO. I should have known what you meant since I've played it but its been a year since then.

Top Bottom