• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Nvzman

I'm having an issue trying to get TLOU:R running with 7.1 surround.
I have the PS4 directly connected to my stereo via optical out, and every game runs perfectly fine in 7.1 except this one. Whenever I go into the audio settings it only gives me 5.1 as the maximum channel under home theater. Is there something I'm supposed to do?
Also I wanted to mention that TLOU on PS3 had no issues getting 7.1 through this IIRC

Vashetti

Banned
I have the PS4 directly connected to my stereo via optical out, and every game runs perfectly fine in 7.1 except this one. Whenever I go into the audio settings it only gives me 5.1 as the maximum channel under home theater. Is there something I'm supposed to do?

Optical doesn't support 7.1

kanuuna

PS4 has a Show HUD toggle:

PnVWqEA.jpg

Lovely. I think I'll skip the Grounded and just go with Hard with the HUD toggled off. I remember that being a decent challenge - though some of that difficulty might've come with my idiocy; I had no idea you could switch the equipped heavy or primary weapon at will, so I ended up always going with the most recent weapon the game had introduced to me.

Pretty dumb of me, but in retrospect I think I might've had a more intense first playthrough most.

Vashetti

Banned
Well okay then, thank you.

If I were you, I'd suggest upgrading to a new receiver that supports HDMI and the various HD audio formats.

I'd been using TV speakers since forever and only got my first sound system the other week.

Unbelievable jump in audio quality.

I'm going to at least try the game at locked 30, since low resolution shadows are one of my biggest gaming pet peeves. That being said, 60fps is always preferable, so I'm going to have to make a choice at some point.

Docpan

Graphics look ok. Looks like a ported ps3 game for sure with better textures and grass.

Tomb Raider DE did a better graphical upgrade. Especially when you compare these two games side by side. Everything about Tomb Raider is amazing, actually, other than the story...

The sound on this, LOU:R, is the best I've ever heard with surround headphones on. Gonna crap my pants.

Photo mode: wheres the take picture button?

Multiplayer: died a few times and shut it off. Chillin' brah.

Andrew.

Banned
5 more hours of work then its off to EB Games to trade in my ps3 copy and watchdogs. Its my friday. Good times.

Hopefully it isn't sold out. My store only got three non preorders and two people were in there buying that didn't preorder as soon as GS opened.

The proverbial thirst is indeed real.

Carlisle

Just picked mine up! Did the Gamestop trade in plus that $5 coupon for downloading that mobile bloatware game. $19.99 + tax! Not bad at all.

I'm going to at least try the game at locked 30, since low resolution shadows are one of my biggest gaming pet peeves. That being said, 60fps is always preferable, so I'm going to have to make a choice at some point.

Agreed. I hate when everything looks crisp and consistent then bam, a horrible shadow. Doesn't totally break the immersion, but it doesn't help it at all and it's distracting. That said, after watching some of these 60fps twitch feeds, I think I'm going to have to learn to cope.

Nvzman

If I were you, I'd suggest upgrading to a new receiver that supports HDMI and the various HD audio formats.

I'd been using TV speakers since forever and only got my first sound system the other week.

Unbelievable jump in audio quality.
My receiver isn't the problem, it's that my TV doesn't have an HDMI out port.

I was hoping all Day 1 copies would have all that extra DLC and such. I guess not?

Where was the extra DLC for pre-ordering offered? Is it all on the PSN store to buy now anyways?

Hopefully it isn't sold out. My store only got three non preorders and two people were in there buying that didn't preorder as soon as GS opened.
Ruh roh! I will call them now and see what the situation is. Ive never run into a sold out situation at this particular location. *fingers crossed*

Edit: damn I can't reserve one and they said it might very well be sold out by the time im off.... NOOOOO.

And some people wonder why people pre order games... dammit!

I'm no expert but i have a high power DIY 7.1 surround system and I'm pretty sure optical audio connections do not support 7.1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So while I wait to replace my faulty Sony gold headphones (right ear died), what is my next best option for audio?

I have a pair of sennheiser 555s which I can hook up to my yamaha receiver which has a virtual surround option. Do I engage that and feed it 5.1 LPCM, or does TLoU have decent audio positioning just using the headphone option in stereo?

PS.nif anyone knows where in the UK I can get a pair of the Sony golds tomorrow, that would help :)

As weird as this is going to sound, the locked 30 on this feels worse than the sub 30 on PS3 to me.

Could be the toned down motion blur or just the usual 60/30 frames transition. If you play a 60 frames game for a day and than switch to a 30 frames game, that game will feel like shit because you are used to the 60 frames. But if you play the 30 frames game for an hour you will begin to adjust and at some point 30 frames will feel alright again.

bombshell

If you're going digital why wouldn't you get it from the US store? Its cheaper for one, and you'd be playing it right now.

Because I'm sharing the price with my brother so we can play MP together at the same time. That's not possible if a dummy US account is used to buy the game, then we wouldn't be able to play at the same time on our regular accounts.

Top Bottom