• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just started playing P4A to kill some time. I thought to myself, watch, UPS is going to show up just because I started playing this. 5 minutes later, it's here. It takes a bit to get to a save point on P4A. :|

So does beating ground Grounded and Grounded+ unlock all of the lower difficulty trophies for sure? I assume it works the same way as it did on the PS3, but I haven't tried out Grounded on the PS3 and I already beat the non-Grounded difficulties.
Every time someone ask this question it never gets answered, I'm curious also. It's a tricky situation because it's considered dlc.

So, was the "30fps feels broken" comment by that ND dev spot-on then?

I won't say broken but man does it make the game feel slow and sluggish , camera control also awful at 30fps and a few more things .
It really hard to go back to 30fps after playing it at 60fps and i hope ND sticks to there word and make UC4 60fps .

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So I've spent a few hours with the main game and an hour with Left Behind. My impression: this is the way the game was meant to be played. Awesome stuff. Love it. Now bring over Uncharted! :D

I was on twitter and saw some saying that the best version of The Last Of Us is the PC version.

nm87RL8.gif

viveks86

I just started playing P4A to kill some time. I thought to myself, watch, UPS is going to show up just because I started playing this. 5 minutes later, it's here. It takes a bit to get to a save point on P4A. :|

Well, if you played just for 5 minutes, then you can resume later from the previous checkpoint, no? :p

EDIT: Oh it was 5 minutes after you thought about UPS. Nevermind. I'm slow

murgo

Guys, I have a problem with my copy of the game. I excercised a lot and was sure I'd manage the SIMFA procedure.. but now I can't get it out :( It's stuck in my butt. How am I supposed to play the game now?

On a more serious note, I can't wait to finally pop it in and play. Still have to get some work done on my thesis before I can play :(

Thrakier

So I've spent a few hours with the main game and an hour with Left Behind. My impression: this is the way the game was meant to be played. Awesome stuff. Love it. Now bring over Uncharted! :D

I won't say broken but man does it make the game feel slow and sluggish , camera control also awful at 30fps and a few more things .
It really hard to go back to 30fps after playing it at 60fps and i hope ND sticks to there word and make UC4 60fps .

My god this 60FPS...so sexy.

Swapped it to 30FPS for MAYBE 15 seconds. So gross.

Love these impressions. Hopefully soon all 30fps lovers are gone.

Kimppis

My copy just arrived, but I have an exam coming up, goddamn. I thought the release date was going to be the 31st (EU). Oh well, what a tease.

Yes. After trying the 60 FPS smoothness, you can't really go back to 30 IMO.
I have to see for myself, but I'm happy with the impressions on the 60/30fps thing.

I hate it when these optimization things are on consoles. It's already a headache for PCs. Consoles is supposed to alleviate all that crap!

60fps feels so good and the game looks amazing. First time playing on survival mode so I'm hoping I can handle it. And god damn, that intro
gives me chills every time.

The photo mode in this sucks compared to Second Son, unfortunately. The filters are all the type you'd find on a 14 year old's myspace profile pic in 2005. Every single one in Infamous was actually useable.

Just picked up my copy at Target, $41.12 total after $10 off $40 and red card 5% I could not check out online because of the website being hammered but the store manager approved it in store with absolutely no hassle.

Carlisle

I'm having way too much fun with the photo mode. I take a pic at nearly every cool scene and I'm always on the lookout for the next one. This playthrough is going to take months.

I just tried the 30fps option and it was horrifying. I usually defend developers that choose to do 30fps and better graphics, but wow this game proves it's just not worth it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Like when you have frame-rate enhancer active on a TV when watching a movie, and everything looks a bit "off"
It probably seems odd at first but after playing for a while you probably get used to it because it's consistent with gameplay.

Crackbone

So after spending the afternoon with the game there's zero way I could ever play with the 30 fps lock.

IMO the increased frame rate is absolutely worth it especially for MP.

Forgot how good this was. Wow.

noomi

must finish work... then dentist... then update to 1.75... then update game....

Today is dragging ass, damnit.

Looking forward to Grounded Mode, finished the game 3 times on the PS3. First on hard then Survivor and Survivor plus so hopefully I'll be fine!

So does beating ground Grounded and Grounded+ unlock all of the lower difficulty trophies for sure? I assume it works the same way as it did on the PS3, but I haven't tried out Grounded on the PS3 and I already beat the non-Grounded difficulties.

Yes, but many people are saying that you won't be able to unlock all the upgrades in 2 Crushing playthroughs because of scarce supplies and parts. So NG++ will be needed if you take that route.

Top Bottom