• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Totally forgot about upgrades, will probably have to do a complete third playthrough for the platinum :/ The Last of Us might match Max Payne 3(7 times) for my most played game of all time, lol.

The way dlc is laid out on the PS store is beyond garbage though, have the season pass so I should just be able to easily grab everything rather than having to scroll through the giant list of country hats.

Darknight

Holy shit I ordered on Amazon (Prime btw) and just got it here ~3:48PM EST!! Wow thats the fastes I've gotten a game from them!! Normally I have to wait around 6PM~8PM to get my stuff as UPS is really late. *manly tears*

I cant believe its been so long sine this was announced and Im gonna be playing in a few minutes. Oh god yes!!!!!!!

Gonna play Grounded mode since I beat it on hard last year on PS3 and play MP in between. Finally gonna play LEFT BEHIND which I never did before, so its gonna be a nice treat :)

Thank you based ND!

Darknight

That's one way to ruin a game that a lot of people that played it really liked.

Yea for your very first play through (if you are OG gamer) , play it on Hard without listening mode.

Then move to Grounded. My plan on PS3 was Hard first then Survival. But once I beat it, I couldnt play it again so I left it that way. Gonna play Grounded this time since I more or less know what to expect but not for your first play through since it might get really tough and you may give up or tarnish the experience like Benny said.

BashNasty

So far I've played to a point after the first several main combat encounters and I'm having a lot of fun.

I picked this up last year, amidst all the hype, and really didn't have a great time with it. Loved the presentation and the characters, but the stealth gameplay left me pretty cold. I actually ended up dropping the game about halfway through because the gameplay wasn't really clicking with me. That said, given how great I hear the ending is, I've always wanted to finish this thing up, and the PS4 re-release is giving me a perfect opportunity to do so.

In order to make the game fun for me this time around, I've taken what will probably be considered at unique approach amongst all the hardcore, difficulty-loving gamers GAF attracts: I'm playing this bad boy as a run and gun shooter on easy! So far it's been fun, partially because I enjoy shooting things, and partially because I know full well that this isn't really the way the game is meant to be played. Particularly with stealth games, playing them the "wrong" way always makes me really happy.

I hope to make it past halfway this time, we will see how it goes!

Donos

Like when you have frame-rate enhancer active on a TV when watching a movie, and everything looks a bit "off"

Or watching the Hobbit in 48 fps HFR. Felt off and weird but after a time (took me around 30 min) you don't notice it anymore.

TheTwelve

So I've spent a few hours with the main game and an hour with Left Behind. My impression: this is the way the game was meant to be played. Awesome stuff. Love it. Now bring over Uncharted! :D

Pretty please, Naughty!

I love the posts I'm reading talking about the stark differences between 30 and 60 FPS. I played the original on PS3 but I'm tempted to get it on PS4 just to see this.

I just got the game at Best Buy. I'm thinking about starting with Left Behind. I beat the game on PS3 so I know the story.

Is it fine to start with Left Behind if you haven't played it, but have beaten the regular game already??

I just got the game at Best Buy. I'm thinking about starting with Left Behind. I beat the game on PS3 so I know the story.

Is it fine to start with Left Behind if you haven't played it, but have beaten the regular game already??

Of course, you don't get anything special for having beaten the main game on your save file.

DAMN! Still 4 more hours till I get home to play this. Friggin brutal!

589.gif

dmr87

That's what I will be doing.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The game is still beautiful.

60fps is awesome.

Gets me even more hyped for Uncharted 4. cant wait for that shit now.

Holy shit I ordered on Amazon (Prime btw) and just got it here ~3:48PM EST!! Wow thats the fastes I've gotten a game from them!! Normally I have to wait around 6PM~8PM to get my stuff as UPS is really late. *manly tears*

I cant believe its been so long sine this was announced and Im gonna be playing in a few minutes. Oh god yes!!!!!!!

Gonna play Grounded mode since I beat it on hard last year on PS3 and play MP in between. Finally gonna play LEFT BEHIND which I never did before, so its gonna be a nice treat :)

Thank you based ND!

Did you get your preorder code yet?

PSN store is such a fucking mess. Trying to find the free stuff to download from the season pass and even changing it to "Low to high" has the free content scattered about the list.

Benfort

Neo Member
EU-GAF: How is your download?

It worked great for me for the first 8gb (downloaded in 30mins). Now just 1mb every 2 or 3 minutes :/

Graphics look ok. Looks like a ported ps3 game for sure with better textures and grass.

Tomb Raider DE did a better graphical upgrade. Especially when you compare these two games side by side. Everything about Tomb Raider is amazing, actually, other than the story...

The sound on this, LOU:R, is the best I've ever heard with surround headphones on. Gonna crap my pants.

I agree. Tomb Raider DE upped the graphics significantly. TLoU R isn`t doing that. But at least the framerate is better than TR DE and its nice to play the game again with a solid framerate and much better texture filtering - its just it could have been better.

Thankfully judging by the trailer GTA 5 will go the TR DE route and we can expect a much bigger upgrade than ND chose to give us with TLoU R.

Quick search turned up nothing, the first major cutscene
where Sarah is killed
had a rather nasty affect for me.

It was lagging hard, chugging like a buffering video on a 56k modem. It was terrible. None of the other cutscenes ran this way but I only played up until
you start to leave the city.

Did anyone else see really poor performance on any of the cutscenes? The PS3 version never did this to me once, awful sour way to start my experience with the Remastered Edition. Hoping it was an oddity that doesn't happen again.

Vaga

2 hours in and barely passed the intro, literally making photos every 10 steps.

Photomode is soooo gooood.

ibeKOVhuEqp8JY.jpg

iQ84lEzHRh2OB.jpg

iSin98k1GwUDL.jpg

Posted more on the photomode thread.

Donos

I agree. Tomb Raider DE upped the graphics significantly. TLoU R isn`t doing that. But at least the framerate is better than TR DE and its nice to play the game again with a solid framerate and much better texture filtering - its just it could have been better.

Thankfully judging by the trailer GTA 5 will go the TR DE route and we can expect a much bigger upgrade than ND chose to give us with TLoU R.

Someone in another thread had a good post why TR:DE is not the same as TLOU:R. It was a Cell game converted to PS4 while the TR PS4 is rather a PC "port".

Not sure if best place to ask but I'm in the UK and I have the game. Will I get banned playing the multiplayer now seen as it's out on Friday for us lot? Or will I get away with it?

Someone in another thread had a good post why TR:DE is not the same as TLOU:R. It was a Cell game converted to PS4 while the TR PS4 is rather a PC "port".

Yup exactly. TR basically already had a definitive version made that was on PC - they just touched up Lara's character model from that and ported the PC version to PS4 (which isn't too bad considering current gen systems have similar architecture).

Porting something that was custom built for PS3 like a custom suit is tailored to your body is a much more difficult, time and resource intensive process when you basically have no "superior version" to begin with.

Both TR and TLOUR deserve accolades for what they are though.

Dinosur

So beating it on any difficulty unlocks NG+ on all the subsequent ones?

I had to drop down from Survival to Hard since it wasn't showing all the button prompts and I forgot what to do (especially that first smash square "qte").

Can't decide if I should start over on Survival (beat PS3 on Hard) or just do Hard again then Grounded+ if that's possible. I'm playing HUD-less with listen mode off no matter what, so the bump to Survival shouldn't hurt that much.

Stantron

Not necessarily, they still have to beat it on Survivor +.

For those of us who already beat it on PS3, it's nice to minimize playthroughs. As great as the game is, I don't want to play it another 4 times.

It's more convenient, I understand. I would imagine though that playing Grounded without the NG+ exploit would be much more of a challenge than playing it legit. And there is nothing to distinguish people who have accomplished it one way or the other. It's something I thought ND would have fixed in the remastered version. I'll stop complaining now. No big deal.

I wasn't expecting a manual but there was nothing but the disc in my case. Is that normal?
The PS3 version only came with a small paper for an online code and stickers.

I think it's a huge stretch to say the score is unlike anything heard in a game before. Not to say it isn't absolutely fantastic, but I feel like I've heard similar things before.

At it's core it's a score that plays off the narration of the game like you said, which has been done before.

Top Bottom