• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

npa189

Did they do anything to the sound mix? It sounds way better to me than the PS3. Could be a placebo effect but I swear it's better.

antitrop

I walked into GameStop with TLoU PS3 in a paper sleeve and Watch_Dogs, and walked out with TLoU: R for $8.

And the cute cashier hated Watch_Dogs, too. Today was a good day.

milkham

So what really is Grounded mode? I'm just on Hard again but I never played it when they added it.

no hud, so you cant tell how many bullets are left in the gun, how much health you have is only indicated by joel being hunched over, you die faster, good luck finding supplies, did you open a shiv door? here's an arrow.

Darknight

no hud, so you cant tell how many bullets are left in the gun, how much health you have is only indicated by joel being hunched over, you die faster, good luck finding supplies, did you open a shiv door? here's an arrow.

Ok im double thinking now....I beat it on Hard on PS3, you guys jumping right into Grounded? I know what to expect but I never payed attention to when Joel is at full health and when he is weak. Also If you grab ammo, does it say atleast how many bullets you have total for a few seconds or how many you pick up? LOL.

I walked into GameStop with TLoU PS3 in a paper sleeve and Watch_Dogs, and walked out with TLoU: R for $8.

And the cute cashier hated Watch_Dogs, too. Today was a good day.

That is pretty sweet! Sounds like they aren't giving shit for Watch Dogs anymore though. Trade in value dropped fast!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Gosh I love this game. That is until the first Clicker you fight. Always had to do that section like 50 times. Playing on grounded now, and I think I am on try 51.

DAMNIT. The UPS guy wouldn't leave the game on my doorstep even though I wrote out a note authorizing him to leave it and signed it.

If I don't catch him tomorrow I'll have to drive to the UPS warehouse to pick it up which is 45 mins away....arrrggghhhhh.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
How the hell do you turn on photo mode? Looked in every menu and don't see it. Is it not available on Grounded mode?

I think it's a huge stretch to say the score is unlike anything heard in a game before. Not to say it isn't absolutely fantastic, but I feel like I've heard similar things before.

At it's core it's a score that plays off the narration of the game like you said, which has been done before.

This reads like you're replying to someone. But I can't find who.

jonabbey

Okay, I had to go through the motions of buying it again for Free, and it gave me the ability to download it to my PS4.

Damn. I really wish I had been keeping up with this thread last night. It's gonna take a good long while to download 50 gigs.. ;-(

Glitch in the matrix today huh

Kinda. I was expecting

whoa-300x223.jpg

Instead I got

hohum-e1343705018533-300x300.jpg

LeFAIS

Still kinda weird that preloading business, TloU is preloading right now.
To be clear it releases in the next 2 hours here.

They give more for the last-gen versions of WD.

Guy on the phone said I'll be getting $30 for it at EB Games because its on the most wanted list. I dont know why anyone wants it.

Lol!! I personally enjoyed it but haven't gone back after completing the story. That is hilarious they will give more for the last gen versions.

Graphically unimpressive. Derivative story. The partner AI is godly, tho.

lol, you!

Represent.

Fantastic game! Love it!!

enable it in options menu then press L3

Yeah, you'd think it was that easy. My game literally has no option for photo mode. Its not in the menus at all. Gonna see if its available in a mode other than Grounded..

Hubb

Still kinda weird that preloading business, TloU is preloading right now.
To be clear it releases in the next 2 hours here.

I believe it is only NA that has issues with preloading. Sounds like you are somewhere else, which is probably why you can preload.

Yeah, you'd think it was that easy. My game literally has no option for photo mode. Its not in the menus at all. Gonna see if its available in a mode other than Grounded..

Did you make sure you downloaded the update?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I know we have like a million TLOU threads already, but it'd be nice to have one for first timers only. Might be wrong here, but I think this thread'll be mostly people replaying it. I'd love to have a thread that is 100% first time impressions.
Yeah. I'll update as I make my way through it. Probably do an hour tonight and then finish it on wed/thurs since I'll be off work.

In very excited to play it. The acting and art are beautiful and from what I've seen so far so is the writing. However I feel my impressions are destined to be contentious with the popular opinion of the game... I just don't care for this style of linear cutscenes driven experiences. That's not a judgement of the game it's just a fact about my taste. I've played 30 min and I already have a very strong opinion about what the game is. The game could always surprise me but it's not going to.

I'm genuinely excited to just sit back and deconstruct the craftsmanship on display.

Hubb

To my disbelief the closest Gamestop is sold out of physical copies...

People have been saying that Gamestopm didn't stock too many extras. On a side note my PS4 isn't making a ton of noise while playing (physical). In fact I don't think it is making much if any more than normal.

It sounds like yo may not have the day 1 patch yet. I believe that update has to be installed before you will receive the photo mode options.

kubus

Yeah patch is required for photo mode. I'm playing on grounded and I have photo mode so it's not that.

Represent.

I believe it is only NA that has issues with preloading. Sounds like you are somewhere else, which is probably why you can preload.

Did you make sure you downloaded the update?

Ahh there we go, thought it would be in there automatically. Thanks

Top Bottom