• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm very much looking forward to impressions on Left Behind. One of my favorite DLCs ever and shows just how much attention to detail ND puts into their games. I'm also a huge fan of Ellie so getting so much added to her backstory was nice.

Quick question y'all. The preorder skins I downloaded via a code sent to me from BB. Do they unlock instantly or after your first play thorough? I don't see them unlocked during the game they show a price tag to the right of it on the extras menu.

Also, never played on survivor on the PS3 version and this shit is hard man. Is there an easier way to take down runners? Because it seems no matter how stealthy I think I am I can never crawl up behind them without them noticing me. :(

The 360 version is on the Most Wanted list.
Hmm I wonder if its different in Canada? I specifically said it was the PS4 version. I was hoping to walk out of there not paying a penny for TLoUR. That sucks if thats the case. Still trading it in regardless lol

Edit: now that I think of it. Its really hot out here I hope the game is safe being in my cars glove box.

Can't believe the loading screen is still here. I was sure this would be much less of a problem... Nope. Still long as all fuck. Ugh

...huh? Did you play it on PS3? If you did, you'd know that the loading times were about 2-3 minutes. Not the case in the PS4 version. Less then 30 seconds...

All the hype for the past couple of months. All the money spent on ebay during the hype buying things from Comic-con. Get up early to be the first to pick up the game from Gamestop (my friends work there, get off me)...

Now I'm in bed with a massive headache and just got back from the doctor with a pile of pills.

I'm so sad :(

Quick question y'all. The preorder skins I downloaded via a code sent to me from BB. Do they unlock instantly or after your first play thorough? I don't see them unlocked during the game they show a price tag to the right of it on the extras menu.

Also, never played on survivor on the PS3 version and this shit is hard man. Is there an easier way to take down runners? Because it seems no matter how stealthy I think I am I can never crawl up behind them without them noticing me. :(

Yeah I think you have to beat the game first to get the skins.

CLBridges

Took my niece out to Gamestop today because she wanted Minecraft for PS3. Saw a copy of TLoU and picked it up on impulse (I already own it on PS3). After playing about an hour of Story and a few matches of MP with a friend...buyers remorse.

I'll probably end up selling or trading it back in. I played through the Story once and countless MP matches on PS3. This release is def. for those whom never played or those who are hardcore about this game.

Still doesn't change my opinion on the accolades I've given the game. Just burnout on my part that I didn't realize until booting it up on PS4.

Andrew.

Banned
4626532_std.jpg

Always bet on brick

Anybody else playing on grounded first? What's the advice for health management? I've only died immediately by clickers, and I've only taken one bullet thus far. Joel limps and holds his arm, which I believe is like the yellow portion of the meter. Is it 2-3 hits to die from regular enemies? Should I just not even bother healing myself and make molotovs instead?

kubus

I don't know, I'm playing on Grounded and taking down Runners is cake to me. Make sure you don't come too close and you approach them from behind. If you crouch and tilt the stick all the way forward, you still make some noise so slow down a bit when you get closer.

Now, clickers... Those are some nasty fuckers.

Shin-Ra

Did they do anything to the sound mix? It sounds way better to me than the PS3. Could be a placebo effect but I swear it's better.
Yup.

http://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/faq.html
  • Audio Menu and Settings Enhancements:
    • All audio assets updated to the highest bit rate ATRAC9 codec
    • Enhanced environmental audio including updated reverb algorithms
    • Added new Audio Output options for specific device types including more customization for dynamic range and speaker angles
    • Native support for Sony surround headphones with specific preset for Elite and Gold models

30 secs my ass! It was at least two minutes, conservatively.

The only time I got a super long load was when I first booted the game up for the first time ever and it was installing, I guess. Ever since then it's 30-35 seconds from when I load game to playing, if that. And between cutscene/ingame is as seamless as it's ever been.

kubus

Anybody else playing on grounded first? What's the advice for health management? I've only died immediately by clickers, and I've only taken one bullet thus far. Joel limps and holds his arm, which I believe is like the yellow portion of the meter. Is it 2-3 hits to die from regular enemies? Should I just not even bother healing myself and make molotovs instead?
I've only used a health kit once and I kind of regret it. To survive an encounter you basically have to play perfectly anyways, so I restart until I get through without taking damage. I save my medkits for the really tough situations where it's nearly impossible to get through without a scratch, such as boss fights. Molotovs are crucial for taking out bloaters, they're too bullet-spongey for taking out using guns.

my jaw didnt drop when I played Killzone shadowfall for the 1st time, it didnt drop when I played Infamous: second son. but my face melted when I played TLOU R in 60fps. These shots are amazing. I feel im fully in the next gen for the 1st time.

LeFAIS

Seeing that the grounded trophies are not in the main trophy map of the game, does the grounded trophy unlock the rest as well?

If you told me this game was built for the PS4, I would believe you. I am just constantly amazed at the graphical quality of this game. Holy... it looks so good and its so, so smooth.

Naughty Dog are wizards.

Game in hand! at the gym tho...is it frowned upon to stare at the game box while on the treadmill??

The correct thing to do would be to stick it into your ass. That way TLOU is in you and nobody else has to know.
But you should still be singing how great it feels from the mountaintops!

Edit: HOLY SHIT this last couple of hours at work are so slow and painful!

Ugh... Want to give this game another go. Got turned off by poor PQ, bad aiming and general hate for stealth games in the original. I just like the premise so much though :/

Apath

Tried 30FPS. What a complete joke--the difference in smoothness is obvious and honestly felt like a jittery mess compared to 60FPS.

Cannot believe there is a 30 page thread about it.

Cudder

Played a couple hours of SP and MP. The 60fps makes a huge difference. I can't believe just how CLEAN the game looks.

And I was surprised at how many options there were for sound setups. You can even adjust the angle of the speakers for optimal audio during the game. Consider me hugely impressed by this.

Honest/serious question, I'm sitting in the ps store hovering over this game that I know almost nothing about, only that it is beloved by gaf. Do I buy it? and is it worth the price
of apparently sticking it in my bum
?

todd360

Seeing that the grounded trophies are not in the main trophy map of the game, does the grounded trophy unlock the rest as well?

I hope so.

I'm playing on grounded and its not that bad so far. I'm only like an hour or so in though so i'm sure I will get rekked soon enough.

Top Bottom